Queens v Dundee United

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A win....a convincing win.....at Palmerston.... amazing! Was really impressed with the work rate of the team. Any thought that I had that Queens would just go through the motions was blown away I. The opening quarter. Glad that the home fans’ season ended on a high after enduring some poor fare for months. Onwards and upwards!

Three things have made a massive difference in past two games :-

Playing two up front

Playing two front players who complement each other - a battler/runner with
Dobbie. That is unquestionably Dykes' best position and when Kane was here he could have fulfilled exactly the same role a lot more than he did. Dobbie up front on his own is a tactic that simply doesn't work for us

Omitting John Rankin from our midfield. Rankin always gave 100% but he and Jacobs in central midfield has been a huge area of weakness.

It wouldn't have taken that much for us to have accumulated another 10+ points in this campaign and it is extremely disappointing that we seem to have found a much better formula so late in the day.

It was a strange game.  

Particularly in the second half, we had very little possession, but were still the better side.  

There's been a lot of perfectly fair criticism of the ugly long ball game we've been treated to this season.  Yesterday though, we were still pretty direct.  The ball often went forward early, but with two up front and Dykes suddenly effective, we were able to play some football in forward areas. 

The problem all season with our defenders of course, hasn't been that they don't stride forward and make the play often enough; it's been that they've not defended well enough.  

Even with the limitations of our personnel, this season could have offered more.

11 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Three things have made a massive difference in past two games :-

Playing two up front

Playing two front players who complement each other - a battler/runner with
Dobbie. That is unquestionably Dykes' best position and when Kane was here he could have fulfilled exactly the same role a lot more than he did. Dobbie up front on his own is a tactic that simply doesn't work for us

Omitting John Rankin from our midfield. Rankin always gave 100% but he and Jacobs in central midfield has been a huge area of weakness.

It wouldn't have taken that much for us to have accumulated another 10+ points in this campaign and it is extremely disappointing that we seem to have found a much better formula so late in the day.

You know Robin its not complicated you either know the game or you don't.

You know Robin its not complicated you either know the game or you don't.

I agree - don't think game is that complicated. A big percentage of Scottish managers spend so much time worrying about the opposition that they sometimes fail to see the obvious strengths that they have at their own disposal.

Any highlights available please?

(Our highlights are superb so it's really not a dig at them) This highlights package is about the only one I've been desperate to see this season as I want to see Murray's goal again and it seems to be taking the longest time [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

(Our highlights are superb so it's really not a dig at them) This highlights package is about the only one I've been desperate to see this season as I want to see Murray's goal again and it seems to be taking the longest time emoji38.png

Yep. I am frustrated not to of seen them yet but I appreciate the service provided so I feel the same that I don't want to have a dig at them. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Was there ever any highlights? 

In the apparent absence of film highlights there is a 4 page feature on this match and QoS in the June edition of When Saturday Comes magazine.  Good photos of in and around Palmerston too. 

Archived