Rate Your Team's Signings

2) Roman Wallner. Austrian with a great pedigree; nippy wee striker. On his debut puts himself about and gets booked. Yogi takes a dislike to him and he's permanently benched with one appearance on the wing in Inverness a particular nadir, as it appeared to take place only after Yogi was getting dog's abuse from the travelling fans. Punted on loan to, ironically, Accies, and freed. Predictably, he went on to tear up the Austrian Bundesliga and I think played his way into the Austrian team. Cheers Yogi.

Accies cult hero.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Oh. Found a list, so here goes...

Kari/Keri/Kori/Käri (depending on Red TV) Arnason - Came back to us as a cult hero demi-God, especially given his performances with the cult hero demi-Gods of the Icelandic national team. From the start has looked like he'd rather scrape his Viking penis with a rusty brush than be back at the Pitt o'dreams. The odd decent performance aside, he's looked lazy, lethergic, disinterested. Scared of playing on anything non-grass. Says it all that McInnes overlooked giving the captaincy on Saturday to an experienced international and instead chose a 21 year old who couldn't get a game for Ayr United 12 months ago. 2/10

Michael Devlin - Apparently we bought him so the team doctors and physios could get extra practice. Never been seen, no idea what he looks like. Played for Hamilton. 0/10

Greg Tansey- Bought as a replacement for Ryan Jack, turned out to be as effective in a Dons shirt as Michael Devlin. Offered precisely nothing to the team aside from being the man in charge of spraying corners wildly into the stands. Is apparently an arrogant f*cker off the park as well. A major mistake from Deek and shipped off to deepest, darkest Dingwall on loan, never to be seen in a red shirt again. 0/10

Nicky Maynard - There's a pattern developing here. Like Leon Mike, but without the goal(s). Is a centre-forward who apparently hasn't scored in something like 3 years for any team. A classic McInnes tombola signing, and I'm starting to laugh as I type. 1/10

Kenny McLean- Weirdly counts as signing because we sold him to Norwich in January and loaned him back precisley 30 seconds later. Ironically, the last 3 months have seen Kenny show his best form of the last 3 years, and in many games he's carried the team almost single handed. He could have sat back, but he didn't. I'm happy for him that he'll go out of Pittodrie with his head held high, having at last convinced the doubters that he's a player. We'll see him often in a Scotland shirt, of that I'm certain. 9/10

Chidi Nwakali- Man City loanee but I'm presuming old Pep has never seen him play. His speciality is blasting shots miles over the bar and passing to Motherwell players. Awful gap-filler, McInnes needs a slap for this one. 2/10

Sam Cosgrove - His debut against Celtic lasted 10 minutes when he was red-carded for going Full Metal Jacket on Scott Brown. Nothing wrong with that, but he's got a long way to go to achieve semi-ironic cult status, as it's fairly obvious to every Aberdeen fan that this guy is just a skinny, pish Jayden Stockley. Has only been thrown on the park however when the red machine has reached full-blown headless chicken mode and is on the arse- end of a humiliating defeat, so I'll maybe reserve judgement a bit. 3/10

GMS - His Dabness and Timness means he's been the allocated whipping boy for the fans for much of the season. Personally, I'm a fan, and I think that the guy puts a huge amount of effort and a fair bit of skill into almost every performance for the Dons. Inconsistency has dogged him throughout his career and it's been no different at Aberdeen. Has also struggled to replace the dynamic Jonny Hayes, but looked like he was hitting form around Xmas time before being injured/weirdly dropped by McInnes. Put in the performance of the season in ripping Hibs apart in December. 7/10

Dominic Ball - A one man reason for McInnes being forced out of Pittodrie. I refuse to waste any more time typing. 0/10

Stevie May- Ho hum. It's becoming a growing issue as to why we spent £400k on a player who looks like he'll never recover both full fitness, and his form of a few years back. He tries hard, runs around a lot, but since September has contributed virtually nothing to the team. A pathetic contribution of 3 goals (2 in one game) has played a huge part in our struggles this season. Missed a sitter on Saturday. Maybe he needs a rest and full pre-season, who knows ? McInnes is sticking with him more through desperation than anything else I suspect. 3/10

Freddie Woodman - Arrived at Pittodrie to cover for Joe Lewis's injury and because McInnes bizarrely has no faith in Danny Rogers. Comes with a big reputation and has looked fine every time I've seen him. Had a blinder in the penalty shoot-out against Killie, which I now wish we'd lost. Maybe a bit unlucky not to still be in the first XI given Lewis's rather poor season. 8/10

Ryan Christie - A curate's egg of a season. Has tons of skill and ability, but now looks weary and has been guilty of trying too hard and to do too much. His skinny young shoulders are not designed to carry a whole team. Will disappear back to Celtic in the summer, and I wish him well wherever his career takes him. 6/10

Niall McGinn - Back home after not playing football for 4 months, and instantly looked lean, mean, sharp and ready to rumble. 3 months of playing in a red shirt and weirdly he's now back to looking like a stumbling jaky who is unfit and over-weight. Carrying an injury which his why he didn't start on Saturday, but you can't blame Niall for not being true to form as he's been utterly anonymous in every game against the OF and/or any semi-final, just as he has been since he first arrived here 5 years ago. 4/10

Greg Stewart - One step forward, one step back. Has a decent game, has a shite game. Has skill, but as much pace as my mum towing a caravan. We've used him in about 6 different positions, none of them I suspect a position where he plays his natural game. I feel sorry for him, really I do, as I think there's a player there which some team will use properly. 5/10

Overall, it's a pretty sad story and one which sums out a disappointing season. McInnes is capable of finding some diamonds.....Logan, Rooney, Lewis, McLean etc....but this has been a season of signing turds I'm afraid. Some thing which he must know himself.

No way he'll be sacked, so he'll get another go at it this summer when we need a massive and complete squad re-build. He has to get it right, or it'll be his last.

Generally agree on all the above. I would give Stewart a 6/10 myself though as I feel he has not been utilised correctly. There is an absolute baller in there and I would love to see him played centrally or in a free role as I feel he'd shine. The lack of pace would be offset by him finding pockets of space and he is excellent at keeping the ball under pressure. Would be more than happy to have him here longer and get a proper pre-season. But he has to be played in a position that suits him.

Chris Burke - Honestly not done much at all, only ever appears off the bench. Played a bit more under Jig where he was tried out in about 3 different positions. He did score the 90th minute goal against the **** tho so thats good I suppose. Expect him to move on/retire in the summer. 6/10

Cammy Bell - Never even played a single minute for us. Pointless signing. 0/10

Calum Waters - A 20 year old 5 foot 3 left back who was signed by Jig and played in a midfield 3. Looked out his depth. Now with Sligo or some other shite. I will give him a chance though but it seems a weird signing. 2/10

Alex Samizadeh - Done nothing apart from occasionally score for the u20s. 2/10

Stephen O'Donnell - Started off poor like everyone and was constantly shunted about by Jig. Is now the best one of the best right backs in the league and probably the best I've seen at killie. So important at driving us forward and has a great cross on him. Also a fucking ride. 10/10 

Alan Power - A fucking terrific midfielder. Never gives the ball away and always makes fantastic passes. Almost as good as Mulumbu IMO and quite rightly our POTY. 10/10

Kirk Broadfoot - Started horrendously and I mean horrendously. Seemed too interested in winding other people up and was just a general bombscare. Got punted out the team for a while until Clarke came in and since then he has been superb. A real leader, dominates the air and tackle. Prone to a few wee mistakes now and then but overall a very, very good defender. 9/10

Dom Thomas - Looked good against shite sides in the league cup. He's not the worst and is quite skillfull but he seems a bit lazy and is constantly posting IRA/Celtic shite on Twitter. Clarke has punted him out to Qots which, with no disrespect meant, is probably his level. 6/10

Eamonn Brophy - The Wolf. I fucking love him, He's another one who suffered from Jig being a fucking idiot but since he has been given a chance he's been amazing. Never stops running, links up well and always takes a shot when the opportunity is there regardless of distance. One of my favourite players in a long time. Lack of game time stops him from getting a 10. 9/10

Gordon Greer - Was one of our better players when we were shite. Now we are not shite he is not up to standard. Slow, old and always injured. 6/10

Daniel Higgins - Honestly, f**k knows. Ask Airdrie fans.

Stuart Findlay - A very good young CB who has improved a lot since he was last with us. He started  off poor (a running theme) but has been immense recently. I really hope he signs for next year. 8/10

Aaron Tshibola - The 6 million pound man. He's good but he hasn't been outstanding yet. He can be very good at times but then also very poor, he's far too casual on the ball and a bit lazy. Would take him next season though as there is a definite player in there somewhere, he just needs to switch on a bit more. 7/10

Lee Erwin - Honestly about a month ago he would be getting a 1. I remember seeing him against Dumbarton the day he signed and I thought he looked brilliant. Same again on the opening day when he came off the bench. After that he turned to utter shite, constantly missing the few chances he got and generally looking like he didn't give a f**k. Even when Clarke came in he looked a bit meh but the last few weeks he has shown how good a player he really is. He has fantastic link up and very good feet. I think he needed confidence and now he has it he looks brilliant. Must be pleasing for him to shut diddies like me up because a lot of fans wrote him off. Gets a lower grade because he was really poor for a while. 7.5/10 

Jasko Keranovic - Aye, me neither.

Aaron Simpson - Signed in January to offer cover at full back. Has been good when hes played. He's rapid and is very good at delivering balls into the box as shown in his assists v Dundee and Hamilton. He has never really played professional games before so still very raw but he is decent back up. 6.5/10

Leo Fasan - Played twice, been fine twice. 6/10

Brad Spencer - Boy doesn't exist.

Yousouff Mulumbu - A real class act. His games against Celtic and Rangers are probably the two best performances I have ever seen from a Killie player. His control and touch are a class above pretty much everyone in the league. He has been a bit quiet recently though and has had a couple of poorer games ( v Aberdeen and Hearts). Would love to see him here next season but I can't see it. 10/10

Xavier Tomas - Sent-off on his first league start for getting a shagging off Ryan Christie then should've been sent-off a couple of days later for getting shagged off, you guessed it, Ryan Christie. He had a fairly shambolic first four months or so but he has steadied himself a bit since providing all he has to do is clear and/or header the ball. He doesn't strike me as someone who's particularly clever in his defending, his lack of pace often sees him exposed when pressing too high up, and he fucking loves ducking underneath headers for no particular reason. He's still a decent enough player to have at this level. 6/10

Ryan Fulton - Looked really dodgy in his first two games, especially in how slow he was in doing anything, but has certainly improved slightly in his last couple, making saves that he didn't look capable of beforehand. 6/10

Antonio Rojano - He is  starved of any service, shown in us having the joint-fewest close-range chances this season, so it's a good thing that his work outside of the box is pretty stellar. He harries defenders well, and he is excellent in the air; it's no surprise that his only two goals (I'm not counting the blatant OG at Dundee) have been headers. Give him service, and he'll provide. 7/10

Botti Biabi - I can't think of him doing anything in an Accies shirt save for winning a penalty against Rangers earlier in the season. He was pretty strong, but Rojano was stronger, and he was quite quick, but Bingham was quicker. He really didn't contribute anything. 2/10

Chrysovalantis Kozoronis - :lol:/10

Marios Ogkmpoe - I quite like him as he reminds me of Antoine-Curier: strong, fairly quick and good with his back to goal. He can be an exciting player to watch due to him being able to simply run over the top of defences, but I don't think he has a clue what to do when he gets into a good area. His three goals have all had a big slice of luck attached to them. If he's given the right kind of passes and has Templeton's brilliant dribbling skills to feed off behind him, he'll be a good asset. 7/10

Mickel Miller - He'll take it by players for fun; I don't think he'll actually do anything after taking it by them, but it'll be good fun to witness. 4/10

Kenny Van Der Weg - Like so many of our players, VDW had a shit-show of a debut. Since then, he's dipped in and out of the team, but he's our best option on the left of the back three: he's better than McMann and Sarris when it comes to covering for the wing-back due to being a lot more confident and reading things a bit better, his distribution is a bit better (when he's not launching it into the stands with almost ever clearance), and he's better in the air than the other two which makes defending the back post a bit easier. A lot of the time, however, he doesn't appear to be on the same page as Tomas, which I think they can probably both take the blame for. The second goals against both Celtic and Killie came from 1) VDW not communicating with Tomas to tell him that Griffiths was peeling off him (VDW could have also challenged Griffiths), and 2) VDW stepping up to play Boyd offside when Tomas was too busy focussing on Boyd; if they were on the same page, that goal doesn't go in. I'm not sure if it's just because we're starved of decent defensive options, but he's growing on me, despite his flaws. 6/10

Ross Jenkins - Despite @Scotty Tunbridge previously stating that Jenkins was brought in for MacKinnon - which was probably true - I think he plays a lot more like Donati, only far simpler in his passing. He relies a lot more on positional awareness to break up attacks as opposed to flying into tackles and getting in the opposition's face, and when he does win the ball, he prefers to release it in largely the same place he won it. It can be a nice balance to have with Daz or Ferguson liking to carry the ball, although MacKinnon is good at both, and Jenkins happy to sit further back to protect the back three/five. I feel like he hasn't been given as many chances as he deserves, but we do actually have good options in midfield. 6/10

So, in my opinion, I actually think we've made some decent signings this season. It's also worth noting that it took D'Acol almost an entire season before we saw how good he could be and Morris played his best football after half a year with us, so I'm happy to give some players like Ogkmpoe and Rojano more time to get adapted to things, especially if they both get used to each other with Ferguson in behind them.

Sofien Moussa - Absolute diddy, terrible striker who looks dreadful at everything apart from holding up the ball, seems to spend half he time on his arse looking for a foul. 2/10.

Glen Kamara - Class act, best signing by far. 8/10

Jack Hendry - Very good potential, only got half a season, and over a million, good return for us. 7/10.

Elliot Parish - Average, not good enough to be number 1 IMO. 5/10.

Josh Meekings - Hasnt lived up to the billing, very, very error prone. 5/10.

Roarie Deacon - No crossing ability, no passing ability, great at passback shots to the keeper. 4/10.

Lewis Spence - Average. 4/10.

Randy Wolters - Biggest arse Ive ever seen on a bloke, no footballing ability at all. 0/10.

Simon Murray - Runs about a lot, misses a lot of chances, no composure. 4/10.

A-Jay Leitch-Smith - Best of a very bad of attacking options that McCann has signed. 5/10.

Scott Allan - Not a fan of his, I didnt ever see him fitting into McCanns system of play. 4/10.

Genseric Kusunga - Slightly better than Meekings, still prone to errors, but maybe not as many. 5/10.

Jeremy Malherbe - More chance of spotting Nessie.  0/10.

Jon Aurtenexte -  Dont think he is much better than Holt, some great reviews, but I just dont see it. 5/10.

Steven Caulker - If we didnt know his name, he would be getting slaughtered, his performances have been poor on average, the odd good game have been few and far between. 5/10.

Kamara & Hendry are the only two success stories in my opinion.

55 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

Was enjoying your post but can't take anything you say seriously after that.

All the people that make comments like that about him tend to be the one's who never actually  see him play.

Alex Fisher - I liked the Fish. In another reality he buries that one-on-one against Rangers on the opening day and goes on to score 10 before Christmas. No bad feelings towards him, and I'm glad things are working out for him at Yeovil. 3/10

Gael Bigirimana - Clearly a talented player, but just hasn't quite fitted in to our system. Absolutely ran the show in the second half against Thistle and I would like to see us make more use of him in the next 5 games. 5/10 for playing, 12/10 for sacrificing to atone for the sins.

Craig Tanner - Took a wee while to get going as we were throwing him out wide or playing him up front. He looked superb once we were playing Main & Ciftci with Tanner floating about behind him. Also crosses a ball better than just about anyone in the league. A big miss now he's out for the season. 8/10

Trevor Carson - 10/10. No nonsense goalkeeping. The number of games we could have dropped points in this season but Carson has effectively built a brick wall. Also throw in watching Craig Samson as first choice keeper for a year and it's a phenomenal improvement. And he cost us £10k. In terms of a cost/return he's got to be one of the best deals in the league.

Andy Rose - Creates a level of seethe around where I sit as people think he does nothing. Then he doesn't play and you realise that he just ticks over the midfield constantly. He's like a diesel engine. Not pacey, but he's absolutely all over the park. 7/10

Russell Griffiths - Gave Thistle 3 goals in the first half at Firhill including a free kick which if he had just stood still it would have hit him on the head and gone over the bar. He was only ever really here to fill a spot on the bench. 4/10

Charles Dunne - Aside from being an everyday superhero and helping the residents of Lanarkshire, he's turned in to a bit of a player. To start he looked like a bit of a bombscare and I thought he was going to be awful, but he's absolutely grown in to the position on the left of a back 3. Since the semi against Rangers he's been a revelation. I think it's taken him a while to get back into it as before signing for us he had been out for over a year through injury. 7/10

Cédric Kipré - A colossus. The man became a hero in my eyes after nicking the ball off a Rangers player and running over the halfway line, throwing challenges off like it was nothing. He's had a few shakes but it's his first season as a professional. If he keeps improving he's got the physical attributes to play at a high level. Cannot wait until he scores and does 28 backflips. 10/10

George Newell - If George didn't have bad luck he'd have no luck at all. Blighted by injuries, and has looked like he's blowing out his arse after about 15 minutes. Robinson seems to be a big fan so he'll likely feature next season. 4/10

Ellis Plummer - Think he played against Ross County, disappeared into the wilderness before turning up in Tenerife only to have his leg fall off. No idea if he's actually a good player. ?/10

Rohan Ferguson - Signed and loaned back. ?/10

Deimantas Petravicius - I reckon he won a competition to get a contract with us as he is absolute bobbins. I've no idea what he's supposed to be, but whatever it is it's probably not going to involve playing for Motherwell. 3/10.

Liam Grimshaw - Hasn't really featured much since he signed again. I'm very critical of him as I think he very limited as a player. Played a blinder at the weekend, mind. 6/10.

Gennadios Xenodochof - I completely forgot about this guy. Never played a game so ?/10

Curtis Main - Big Curtis signed in January and has proceeded to spend his time here throwing opposition players all around Scotland. Highlights being throwing Harry Cochrane over the East Stand then KO'ing Tavernier to set up Campbell. Also second goal at the weekend was lovely. 8/10.

Peter Hartley/Tom Aldred -  I'm rolling them in to one as they're effectively the same person. Peter Hartley signed, was a giant at the back and was absolutely rock solid for months before injuring himself in training. This led to some concern from me for about 20 minutes before I realised we had signed another absolute warrior in Tom Aldred. The pair of them would tackle anything, and big Aldred in particular seems to have a knack of being in exactly the right place to block shots. 8/10

Nadir Ciftci - Get the big urine kettle signed up on a long term deal. He annoys everyone in the league, but he's definitely a player as well. I'd be keen to see what he was like after a pre season in the Thunderdome under Robinson's tutelage. 6/10

Stephen Hendrie - I have no recollection of him playing for Accies, and he's really just here to fill a jersey. I expect he'll be ejected at the end of the season. 4/10

Generally agree on all the above. I would give Stewart a 6/10 myself though as I feel he has not been utilised correctly. There is an absolute baller in there and I would love to see him played centrally or in a free role as I feel he'd shine. The lack of pace would be offset by him finding pockets of space and he is excellent at keeping the ball under pressure. Would be more than happy to have him here longer and get a proper pre-season. But he has to be played in a position that suits him.
Stewart needs to have free role in any team - I don't think he's had that freedom in your set-up.

19 hours ago, HAMLISCH said:

Was enjoying your post but can't take anything you say seriously after that.

he was unbelievably bad under mcculloch, but has been unbelievably good under Clarke, made a lot of folk, me included, eat their words

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:28, gkneil said:

Stewart needs to have free role in any team - I don't think he's had that freedom in your set-up.

No, he hasn't. Ryan Christie is the one who has been given the freedom and that is justified to an extent but I much prefer a team that maximises the sum of its parts and I think Stewart in a free role and Christie used elsewhere would work for us.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with us next season given neither are our player, I'd want to keep at least 1 here to be that creative outlet.

On 4/17/2018 at 19:57, Nadroj said:

Chris Burke - I get the feeling Burke is a positive influence around the club.  Not done much on the park though except for the goal against Sevco.  5/10

Cammy Bell - Never even played a single minute for us. Pointless signing. 0/10

Calum Waters - 0/10 as he hasn't played.

Alex Samizadeh - Signed for potential.  5/10 based on returns for u20s

Stephen O'Donnell - Would let him pump my bum.  10/10

Alan Power - I love Power and I was one of the few (probably the only one) on here who actually thought he was our best player on that terrible night at Somerset.  Why Lee didn't play him as we were screaming out for CMs. His performance against Sevco just before Christmas sums him up - harried, won every ball and shows some class He doesn't play every game, possibly due to injuries, so I will give him a 8/10.  Can also pump my bum if he wants.

Kirk Broadfoot - He may be a bigot but he is our bigot.  Absolutely love big Kirk and I thought he was the scapegoat at the start of the season.  POTY for me. 10/10.

Dom Thomas - Bad attitude by some accounts and the Motherwell (and possibly another set of fans) warned us in July that he would look good for a month and then just fall away.  This has been proven.  If Clarke doesn't trust him then I don't trust him and I think he was just the only shining light when the season started.   2/10

Eamonn Brophy - The Wolf. Shot and goal machine.  Great player and perfect foil for Boyd.  Can fit into a few different systems. We miss him when he's not in the team.  8/10.

Gordon Greer - Was one of our better players when we were shite. Now we are not shite he is not up to standard. Slow, old and always injured. 6/10  

Daniel Higgins - Honestly, f**k knows. Ask Airdrie fans.

Stuart Findlay - Has started to improve in his normal position.  I would probably prefer Greer over him but the big man is winning me over.  6/10.

Aaron Tshibola - Not been that impressed.  Doesn't seem to take his football seriously.  5/10.

Lee Erwin - Based on the first 6 months, 2/10.  Based on 2018, 8/10.  So I'll give him a 5/10 overall.

Jasko Keranovic - Who

Aaron Simpson - Hasn't played enough in his correct position and was poor first half on a Saturday.  5/10 but he hasn't really been given a chance.

Leo Fasan - We'll see.   Can't decide if I blame him for Hamilton's goal or not.  5/10,

Brad Spencer - Who

Yousouff Mulumbu - Has been absolutely superb and having a player of this quality has really helped to drive us forward and give the team more confidence almost from day 1.  10/10.

Archived