Arbroath v Airdrie

18 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

I've got a feeling that we'll be at Raith. Ayr winning tomorrow practically guarantees it due to the goal difference advantage over Alloa.

To get promotion, we will probably have to face Raith over 2 legs at some point during the playoffs

Don't fancy playing Ayr, would prefer Dumbarton but it will be Raith

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Someone phone Findlay a taxi,Al pay for it

It is strange that the team that lost 7-1 has been replaced(?) by one which tamely surrenders possession all over the park/ never wins a second ball/is pedestrian in all areas/ can't defend corners/ and in general made Arbroath's tasks easy on the day. But for Ferguson and poor finishing it could have been more than 7 . You do have to wonder why we provided chances for an unfit Kilday to play whilst constantly changing our formations  over the last few weeks. We appeared to go to a back three but it meant Hastie had the wonderful talents of Adam brown in front of him. Arbroath were everything as a team that we have not been all season-sharp/quick/skilfull movement/ good in winning the ball back so maybe Dick Campbell has the edge . If Findlay recommended signing on Conroy to the board, it has not been on any worthwhile contribution for almost all of the games he "played" in. Dreading next season when the Angus four are our opponents. I think Arbroath do deserve the play offs . It will be close but I think we will see each other next season in L1. A great season for you but I am just glad to still have a club to support

Guest LonglivetheKING
1 hour ago, keptie said:

In what way are you dreading  playing the four Angus clubs if it happens?

Surely must be the heavy travel schedule?

2 minutes ago, LonglivetheKING said:

Surely must be the heavy travel schedule?

Maybe but it won't be any worse travel wise as the Angus clubs supporters have to deal with most seasons and it isn't really that far.

'

In what way are you dreading  playing the four Angus clubs if it happens?
Partly it is the four game set up for all fans who face decisions about travelling round trips of 200 miles. I go by car so costs matter. The main reason is of course how much poor we have been in Angus over the last few years. I suspect many Angus fans may be the same in reverse

I don’t think Airdrie fans should read too much into yesterday-They had nothing to play for and our players are all trying to nail down a starting position for the play-offs. Some decent players there and going PT will only help them recruitment wise for next year.

But for Ferguson and poor finishing it could have been more than 7 . You do have to wonder why we provided chances for an unfit Kilday to play whilst constantly changing our formations  over the last few weeks. We appeared to go to a back three but it meant Hastie had the wonderful talents of Adam brown in front of him.

Injuries/suspensions the past few weeks have meant the constant reshuffling of defence has been a necessity. Think if Edwards hadn't been injured we may have seen him remain at left back with McDonald continuing in the centre. Or at least you'd hope so after they did well last week.

It doesn't matter who Hastie has in front of him as he never fucking looks up to see a pass. Prime example around the 1 minute mark of highlights where Russell or Carrick are making the run and trying desperately to stay onside. Hastie has some talent but is let down by his desire to go alone and his generally useless final ball. Hopefully he can learn more about it being a team game as he matures.

Players used to enjoy their football could not wait for a sat ,our players look like its a hardship ,every sat the same ,the manager saying he is proud of the effort the players put in ,really he has got to be  having a laugh.The worrying thing  is that there is not one sign anything is going to get any better on or off the field.

Players used to enjoy their football could not wait for a sat ,our players look like its a hardship ,every sat the same ,the manager saying he is proud of the effort the players put in ,really he has got to be  having a laugh.The worrying thing  is that there is not one sign anything is going to get any better on or off the field.

How many of that squad is signed up for next season?

Well that was worth travelling a round trip of 200+ miles for!!!!

I know its near the end of the season but the effort of the team completely short changed the small band of fans who bothered to go yesterday

Ferguson apart - who saved us from another 7 goal thrashing if not worse - noone else deserved pass marks. Most of them treated it like a training game while Arbroath were right up for it from the kick off.

I don't know what the answer is but the signings made for next season so far don't strike me as being good enough to challenge for the play offs never mind the title.

Hopefully players brought in over the summer will change my views???

An absolute stroll in the sun, controlled the game from start to finish, could and should of been more, Thought Yule fitted in great at back and cruised it, Also good to see Linn getting a start, I thought more of the fringe players would of got a game but maybe the gaffer wants momentum going into playoffs or maybe he would prefer to guarantee 3rd, I really hope McCord gets himself fit over summer and gets a new deal, the 10 minutes or so he was on he must of set of 2 or 3 great chances, his ability with both feet at this level is scary.

An absolute stroll in the sun, controlled the game from start to finish, could and should of been more, Thought Yule fitted in great at back and cruised it, Also good to see Linn getting a start, I thought more of the fringe players would of got a game but maybe the gaffer wants momentum going into playoffs or maybe he would prefer to guarantee 3rd, I really hope McCord gets himself fit over summer and gets a new deal, the 10 minutes or so he was on he must of set of 2 or 3 great chances, his ability with both feet at this level is scary.

Said it before. But heard McCord and Whatley were on 2 year deals. Maybe they are both part of the 12 already.

6 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

It doesn't matter who Hastie has in front of him as he never fucking looks up to see a pass. Prime example around the 1 minute mark of highlights where Russell or Carrick are making the run and trying desperately to stay onside. Hastie has some talent but is let down by his desire to go alone and his generally useless final ball. Hopefully he can learn more about it being a team game as he matures.

Agreed with your point about injuries. I was maybe being too sarcastic about Adam Brown and I agree with much of what you say about Hastie, but he did put their right back in some bother with his pace in the first half; yes he was wasteful at times but moving him to a semi defensive wb position made little sense . I think he has a good future but team sense is needed.

10 minutes ago, ecto said:

Me and my big mouth

I did not see the whole of the game to-day only the last 30 minutes but Ayr did not look like a team that wanted to win the game to go top. That is 2 defeats in a week they have suffered both 2-1 and I think they will be quite depressed, McCall was on the point of crying in the interview after the game. Considering we have taken 7 points off them this season I think we should think positive if this who we end up with. Keep Shankland out of the game and they would be lost.

Archived