Arbroath v Airdrie

Anyone know what the latest situation is with Gomes? Is he carrying a knock or is Hutton back as number 1 & keeping him out of the side.

Injured a few weeks back and Hutton hasn’t put a foot wrong since returning.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolute stroll in the Gayfield sun thought we played some really good stuff albeit against a nothing to  play for Airdrie, we played with a good intensity the players clearly looking to impress the manager to stay in the team for the play offs. Thought McKenna was great god knows what he was doing playing in the Berwick backwater way better than that Wallace also was excellent only complaint they should've both scored but good team effort really could've had another 7 if we had our shooting boots on.

Airdrie I think will just be glad this season is done and can look forward to better things next season.

Davie Hutton still screaming ‘come on lads let’s get this fkn clean sheet’ in the last minute was good to see

Easy game that, should’ve been 5 or 6 tbh. 4 one on ones missed and a few other decent chances too.

No pressure next week either and on a good big surface, hopefully some more nice stuff next week

Could get used to watching football on days like this. An easy win and we should have scored more, but chances missed due to poor finishing rather than good defending. Airdrie hardly caused a problem and the defence looked good even with O'Brien not in the side. Hope the reason he wasn't playing is that he was being rested.

I would have liked to have seen McCord come on sooner, when he did come on he showed some clever midfield play and great through balls. Good  that everyone seems  in the squad seems to be fit for the play-offs. Probably changes for next week's match to give some others a run out.

Guest LonglivetheKING

"I told the boys we'd need to press this very good Arbroath team and be right in their faces from the start and keep a great shape that we worked on in training.   I thought we were terrific, fantastically terrific, for the first ten minutes.  But then we stopped doing that and we needed more quality, better quality, and we didn't get that.   And I told them at half time that we needed more quality, terrific quality, and to press them more and get back to that shape we worked on in training, and I think, for 3 minutes were were the better team, no one watching would know who the playoff team were,  but then they stopped doing what we worked on in training and they weren't terrific and they didn't have enough quality...".

Good solid home win, pleasing.
hopefully a win next week and finish 3rd

I’m really not sure we want to plat Raith (or Ayr) in the semi. That’ll be very tough. Dumbarton must be pretty demoralised. However, winning is a good habit.

Guest LonglivetheKING
2 hours ago, Spanish Armada said:

Someone phone Findlay a taxi,Al pay for it

Al throw in the tip

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

I’m really not sure we want to plat Raith (or Ayr) in the semi. That’ll be very tough. Dumbarton must be pretty demoralised. However, winning is a good habit.

I've got a feeling that we'll be at Raith. Ayr winning tomorrow practically guarantees it due to the goal difference advantage over Alloa.

To get promotion, we will probably have to face Raith over 2 legs at some point during the playoffs

Archived