Arbroath v Airdrie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playoffs virtually assured. Give Pongo some playing time.

This. Would be a real shame to see him leave without him even getting a chance in the 2nd half of this season. Would also like to see hester given a start this week or next but i can understand dick keeping the same team out there for momentum

Would rather wait till the game against Queens Park before giving Pongo and Hester starts.
Our home form has been mediocre and would rather have a nice home win to give us more confidence at home. Only taken 23 points out of 51 points (17 games) this season.

Could start Hester, Pongo, Kader and Skelly against QP.

5 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

I can't believe he doesn't play much.  He had a year with us at same time as Tony Watt and Gary Mackay-Steven and was excellent.

Agreed.

Though I think he's about 85 stone now and has the movement of a shed. 

Agreed.
Though I think he's about 85 stone now and has the movement of a shed. 

I though he was looking much more slimline in the warm ups on Saturday. And showing better shooting and keepy-uppy skills than all the rest.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Could start Hester, Pongo, Kader and Skelly against QP.

If we don't give starts to Denholm/ Linn in either of the next two games we're going to go into the play offs on the back of our best two wingers (and two of our best players full stop) not getting a start in the 5 games prior to our biggest games of the season. I'd look to start both of them on Saturday, and potentially rest them against QP knowing we'll have our play off first leg on the Tuesday after it.

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Still a great range of passing tho.

12 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I though he was looking much more slimline in the warm ups on Saturday. And showing better shooting and keepy-uppy skills than all the rest.

There's absolutely no doubt he's a skillful player. I wasn't happy we lost him to Alloa, which at the time seemed a sideways step at best (proved to be the right move as they went up the way and we regressed).

Just a shame he's never really stayed fit.

If we don't give starts to Denholm/ Linn in either of the next two games we're going to go into the play offs on the back of our best two wingers (and two of our best players full stop) not getting a start in the 5 games prior to our biggest games of the season. I'd look to start both of them on Saturday, and potentially rest them against QP knowing we'll have our play off first leg on the Tuesday after it.
Good point. Forgot they hadnt featured as much the past few games.

Was kind of expecting them to start this weekend.

Was thinking more about having the boys rested against QP if we are playing the midweek after. And the 2 of the 4, pongo and Skelly are in serious need of game time as they cant last 30 minutes.

3 hours ago, touchedbymadness said:

Sorry for asking a really dumb  question but what is a "Pongo"?

In the workplace I've heard ex-navy guys calling ex-army guys Pongos.  Asking about it, the ex-navy guys said that it was a derogatory term used by the navy about the army i.e. where the army goes the pong goes too.

Could it be that Mr McCord has a flatulence problem?

This. Would be a real shame to see him leave without him even getting a chance in the 2nd half of this season. Would also like to see hester given a start this week or next but i can understand dick keeping the same team out there for momentum

Heard Pongo and Whatley done two year deals last season

Might be wrong though

I’d also just punt Skelly Hester and McCord in to the team though, never thought I’d say this but we can rotate the squad pretty easily and still look good

Although it is vital imo that we finish 3rd i still have confidence that we can change the team around this weekend to get 3 points, i would give starts to Bobby, Denholm and Pongo and give Hester most of the 2nd half if things are going okay with a view of given him and Skelly more game time at Hampden, remember we would have players on the bench who are 100% match fit who can come on if required but i also think it is vital to give the lads who have been on the bench lately some game time in case we require them in the play-offs.

Although it is vital imo that we finish 3rd i still have confidence that we can change the team around this weekend to get 3 points, i would give starts to Bobby, Denholm and Pongo and give Hester most of the 2nd half if things are going okay with a view of given him and Skelly more game time at Hampden, remember we would have players on the bench who are 100% match fit who can come on if required but i also think it is vital to give the lads who have been on the bench lately some game time in case we require them in the play-offs.

Am not so sure it is vital we finish 3rd, Dumbarton appear to have no form at all, but I do agree that we rest players in the last 2 games

Archived