Rating your team's signings

Now that we've had near enough a full season it is a good time to rate and review the signings brought in this season.

Declan McManus - Arrived to much ridicule of the vast majority of the league, especially Rovers fans, proved all of  his doubters wrong and has been excellent this season,  Seems a top-rate WUM as well, one of the boys who just #getsit.  9/10

Fraser Aird - Arrived to much the same reaction as McManus, however with a massive tone of hatred through it, from our own support as well (myself included). His performance against Livi made it seem like this was going to be a failed venture, however he's taken every further chance presented to him with both hands, been a stand-out player in every game he's been a part of and looked right up for it. Would like to see a bit more of him though 8/10

Dean Shiels - Classy midfielder who can completely calm the game down, was expected to be one of our key players this season and look a class above most of the division, don't think he's hit the level he is capable of at East End and his inclusion can leave our midfield looking a bit lightweight sometimes, quality player nonetheless 7/10

Jean-Yves M'voto - I'll admit to wondering what the f**k AJ was playing at when he signed, even beginning to believe we were moving to 3 at the back. Signed as a back-up player but has had to step in to the first-team due to injuries and suspensions, has been extremely solid when he's done so too, will be especially fondly remembered for his outstanding showing in his first start at home to Falkirk.  7/10

Aaron Splaine - Looked bright early on in the season drifting in and out of the first-team but suffered an unfortunate horror injury that's put him out for the season making it very difficult to judge and will quite possibly see him offloaded in the summer, hopefully not. 5/10

Andy Ryan - Pissed all over league 1 leading us to actually pay money for him, has looked okay in the small number of times he's played but would have expected more. Kept out the team by Smith early on and only really making substitute appearances thereafter. 4/10

Scott Lochhead - Signed as one for the future, started the season fairly well before being shunted out to Forfar on loan, hasn't been seen since returning. One to watch. 6/10

Lee Robinson - To my absolute horror saw him sign and immediately go into the starting line-up against Falkirk, to my delight I saw him absolutely boss that game and pick up the motm award as we stormed to victory. His record says it all, 10 clean sheets in 16 games for us since signing, clearly capable of howlers but hasn't shown that at East End, his performances do make me worry that he'll keep Murdoch out of returning and his signing makes me question why Cammy Gill should even bother turning up to training ,however that is to do with AJ not Robinson. 9/10

James Craigen - An apparently shite  player from one of our rivals who has been good for us....that sounds strangely familiar... 7/10

James Vincent - Meh  6/10

Daniel Armstrong - Hardly played. 3/10

Tom Beadling - Very good young player who will boss League 1 with Sunderland next season, would like to see us keep him. 8/10

Overall I think AJ has done some very shrewd business this season, any poor signings have been generally inconsequential, could have used him solidifying the obviously light midfield in summer rather than January, however he did get the issues fixed in the end.

Allowing Smith to go out on loan was and still is completely baffling, although McManus and Clark's performances have perhaps shown that is was justified. 

Grade - B+

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Declan McManus - 9/10. I put a laughing face in our thread when this signing was announced, but he's had a great season. Been getting a bit of criticism lately for not scoring which isn't entirely unfair as he has had his chances but his work rate and partnership with Nicky Clark is excellent. 

Fraser Aid - 8.5/10. Another who came with a poor reputation but has been great to watch lately. Pity he's a ***.

Dean Shiels - 7/10. Had a strong start to the season but has struggled to get back into the team since Beadling and Vincent came in. A pleasure to watch on a good day.

Big Jock M'Voto - 8/10. I was almost devastated when we signed him, but he's a great option to have at centre-half. He's much more composed than I'd given him credit for.

Aaron Splaine - 5/10. I was mildly impressed by him in a few Betfred/Irn Bru cup games. Hopefully he's able to carry on his career after coming back from a horrific injury. 

Andy Ryan - 6/10. There's potential there, without a doubt. A mixture of playing out of position and averaging less than ten minutes per game has hindered him having any sort of impact. Still contracted for next season which could be huge for him.

Scott Lochhead - 4/10. Looked okay in a couple of cup matches, might get more of a chance at first team football next season. 

Lee Robinson - 9/10. Despite being bit of a fanny, 10 clean sheets in 16 matches isn't bad at all. 

James Craigen - 7/10. Starting to come out of his shell a bit more recently, looks to be a tidy, composed midfielder. 

James Vincent - 7/10. Reliable enough without being an obvious game-changer. We were needing a player like that tbh.

Daniel Armstrong - 5/10. Hasn't had much of a chance, there's something about him that tells me he may be a tad inexperienced/immature for first team football at the moment. Will look out for his name in future though.

Tom Beadling - 8.5/10. Similar to Vincent but with more of an impact. He isn't afraid at all at getting stuck in, I'd like us to make some attempt to get an extended loan deal/permanent signing if he's out of contract at Sunderland. 

I actually had to have a look at our Wikipedia signing list for this.

Andy Dowie - Started really poorly, became excellent, has looked shaky again recently. 7/10

Mark Stewart - Our best striker when he starts and is fit. That's only happened a handful of times since November though. 5/10

Tom Walsh - Started poorly, became our most important player, was moved position, then got injured and has been poor since returning. 6/10

Craig Barr - Was the signing I was most happy with, and has pretty much shown why. Has the odd shocker, but has been solid overall. 7/10

Scott Gallacher - Chucks one in on a less and less frequent basis, has made a few important saves and has prevented a few defeats from being pumpings. Loses a point for not being Alan Martin. 6/10

David Wilson - Well...Is either hopeless and lost, or sensational. Reminds me a bit of Jonjo Shelvey in that his passing is incredible, but he makes a load of really basic errors and his game is really imbalanced. We at least score with him in the team though. 5/10

Chris Johnston - I've absolutely no idea why we signed him. 0/10

Dougie Hill - Good honest lump of a centre-half, who never really lets us down, but probably isn't a Championship player anymore. Reliable backup. 5/10

Chris McLaughlin - It's easy to forget he's only just turned 20. Not the greatest defensively, but has a belting left-foot and seems a good lad. 7/10

Ally Roy - Had pace. Could finish. Couldn't really do a lot else. Would've probably looked better in a team that crossed the halfway line more often. 4/10

Kyle Hutton - When he's good he's very good. When he's bad he's very, very bad. Not as horrific as I first feared - in fact he's had some very good games. 6/10

Danny Handling - Signed, got injured. Came back from injury, got injured. Came back again after an eternity and, a couple of lovely goals aside, has done very little. 3/10

Sam Wardrop - I think we all know were a far, far better side when he plays. Unfortunately he's another who has spent 2018 permanently injured. 6/10

Greg Morrison - Ran about a lot. Didn't ever really touch the ball during that time. Gets a point for scoring though 1/10

Dimitris Froxylias - Has given me some wonderful memories, and is a class above when he's fit. Which is about once every six weeks. Without him we'd have two wins all season. 8/10

Liam Dick - Signed as a left-back, where he was rubbish. Forced to play as a right-back, where he actually looked decent. That rescues his score slightly. 4/10

Iain Russell - Hero :wub: There's a reason he retired after playing in League 1 last season though unfortunately. 3/10

Kevin Nisbet - I was totally uninspired when we signed him, and he seems to have a habit of playing without anyone noticing. Gets a point for following me on Twitter though. 1/10

Andy Stirling - I'm a huge fan of his. Works hard, skilful, unselfish, capable of a moment of magic. His final ball is inconsistent, but he's been a good (re)signing. 7/10

Aidan Wilson - Three games, four bookings. He looks an absolute bag of nerves every time he plays. Should stroll into Rangers first team based on that. 0/10

Liam Burt - PLAY HIM STEVIE. HE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A MIDFIELDER WHO CAN RUN WITH THE BALL AND PICK A PASS! 6/10

That gives us an overall of 97/210 (according to my finger assisted maths). 46.1% D

Joe Thomson (Loan from Celtic): 1/10 - Was with us for about 2 weeks and left because he wasn't getting game time. Think we can put this one in the 'poor' category.

Nikolay Todorov (Loan from Hearts): 7/10 - Brilliant last season and still enjoyed watching him this season, always gave everything no matter where he played. Happy we had him before he was recalled.

James Penrice (Loan from Partick Thistle): 8/10 - Brilliant young player, was gutted Partick took him back in January.

Scott Robinson: 8/10 - Was injured for a long time but made the most of his chances when he's had them. Fills in well in midfield or up front and has grabbed a few goals on his way. A good bit of business from Hopkin.

Ross Brown: 1/10 - Signed at the same time as Robinson, from the same club, with the same reviews. Also injured for months but unlike Robinson couldn't get himself in the team and was released in January. Led to his mum signing up to P&B to let us all know how disgraceful it was for Livi to release him and allow to get game time somewhere else, so that was funny.

Dylan Mackin: 5/10 - Split the opinions of fans, I liked him, not the most mobile but he got the ball in the back of the net, I think he's actually still our joint top scorer despite being on loan at Brechin since January.

Josh Peters: 2/10 - Seemed promising at the time but think he only played about once, went out on loan to Forfar and was released in January.

Jack McMillan: 6/10 - Initially a loan from Motherwell but made it permanent in January, gives us good cover at RWB and has looked decent enough when I've seen him play.

Neil Alexander: 10/10 - Has won us plenty of points and organises the defence really well. Still seems to have a couple of years left in him too. An excellent signing.

Steven Boyd (Loan from Hamilton): 3/10 - He's a weird one. Quick and good with his feet, but also greedy and his shots end up on Mars. Works on his shooting and learns to pass he'll be a very good player, but he isn't right now.

Gregor Buchanan: 7/10 - Hasn't played an awful lot (understandable when you consider how solid our back 3 is), but has looked good when he has played.

Lee Miller: 8/10 - Wasn't too sure about the signing considering the season Falkirk were having, but he's been very good. Fits in really well with when we're lumping the ball up, wins almost everything in the air and his hold up play is good. 

Jordan Thompson (Loan from Rangers): 6/10 - Been decent enough, doesn't do the same job Penrice did but he hasn't been shite which is always a bonus.

Ryan Hardie (Loan from Rangers): ∞/10 - I want him to have my babies.

10 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I actually had to have a look at our Wikipedia signing list for this.

Andy Dowie - Started really poorly, became excellent, has looked shaky again recently. 7/10

Mark Stewart - Our best striker when he starts and is fit. That's only happened a handful of times since November though. 5/10

Tom Walsh - Started poorly, became our most important player, was moved position, then got injured and has been poor since returning. 6/10

Craig Barr - Was the signing I was most happy with, and has pretty much shown why. Has the odd shocker, but has been solid overall. 7/10

Scott Gallacher - Chucks one in on a less and less frequent basis, has made a few important saves and has prevented a few defeats from being pumpings. Loses a point for not being Alan Martin. 6/10

David Wilson - Well...Is either hopeless and lost, or sensational. Reminds me a bit of Jonjo Shelvey in that his passing is incredible, but he makes a load of really basic errors and his game is really imbalanced. We at least score with him in the team though. 5/10

Chris Johnston - I've absolutely no idea why we signed him. 0/10

Dougie Hill - Good honest lump of a centre-half, who never really lets us down, but probably isn't a Championship player anymore. Reliable backup. 5/10

Chris McLaughlin - It's easy to forget he's only just turned 20. Not the greatest defensively, but has a belting left-foot and seems a good lad. 7/10

Ally Roy - Had pace. Could finish. Couldn't really do a lot else. Would've probably looked better in a team that crossed the halfway line more often. 4/10

Kyle Hutton - When he's good he's very good. When he's bad he's very, very bad. Not as horrific as I first feared - in fact he's had some very good games. 6/10

Danny Handling - Signed, got injured. Came back from injury, got injured. Came back again after an eternity and, a couple of lovely goals aside, has done very little. 3/10

Sam Wardrop - I think we all know were a far, far better side when he plays. Unfortunately he's another who has spent 2018 permanently injured. 6/10

Greg Morrison - Ran about a lot. Didn't ever really touch the ball during that time. Gets a point for scoring though 1/10

Dimitris Froxylias - Has given me some wonderful memories, and is a class above when he's fit. Which is about once every six weeks. Without him we'd have two wins all season. 8/10

Liam Dick - Signed as a left-back, where he was rubbish. Forced to play as a right-back, where he actually looked decent. That rescues his score slightly. 4/10

Iain Russell - Hero :wub: There's a reason he retired after playing in League 1 last season though unfortunately. 3/10

Kevin Nisbet - I was totally uninspired when we signed him, and he seems to have a habit of playing without anyone noticing. Gets a point for following me on Twitter though. 1/10

Andy Stirling - I'm a huge fan of his. Works hard, skilful, unselfish, capable of a moment of magic. His final ball is inconsistent, but he's been a good (re)signing. 7/10

Aidan Wilson - Three games, four bookings. He looks an absolute bag of nerves every time he plays. Should stroll into Rangers first team based on that. 0/10

Liam Burt - PLAY HIM STEVIE. HE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A MIDFIELDER WHO CAN RUN WITH THE BALL AND PICK A PASS! 6/10

That gives us an overall of 97/210 (according to my finger assisted maths). 46.1% D

Agree with this aside for:

Scott Gallacher - 5/10. He's fairly hopeless IMO. Not a great shot stopper although he pulls off the odd decent save, can be Mr Flappy at crosses and doesn't give his defence a great deal of confidence.

Sam Wardrop - 7/10. Rarely put a foot wrong and whilst he's been out injured for about 4 months of the season we'd probably be relegated by now without him.

Greg Morrison - 3/10. Perhaps our current striker situation has me remembering Morrison as better than he actually was but when you see the likes of Nisbet running around it makes you think Greg wasn't the worst, he actually had a few decent games and grabbed a goal.

Iain Russell - 1/10. As much as we hate to admit it, resigning him hasn't been fruitful. A goal against Peterhead is the sum total of his contributions.

Alan Martin - It's fair to say he hasn't lived up to the hype.  He arrived looking rather out of shape and unfit and then proceeded to pick up an injury that he tried to play through.  The results weren't good.  Shown enough in glimpses that he could do a job but needs to get fit for next season 5/10

Andy Stirling - Another one who looked rather rotund upon his arrival.  He has never really looked like he has wanted to be at Queens and will probably get his wish after a series of unspectacular performances. 3/10

Callum Fordyce - He has done very well in the main putting in strong performances at CB and RB.  We were certainly weaker without him during his absence through injury. 7/10

Joe Thomson - Took a while to get going after not playing much in the first half of the season.  He is now back to his best and if it wasn't for a certain Mr Dobbie would easily be the best player in the team 8/10

Shaun Rooney - You can't help but feel there is a player in there somewhere as he has all the physical attributes.  His reading of the game is appalling though, and despite the excitement his marauding runs cause, you never feel like he knows what he is going to do at the end of them. 4/10

Dom Thomas - Another player returning for a second spell on loan and largely hitting the same heights as before. 7/10

Josh Todd - Apparently was a standout in our recent victory at Tannadice, a result that has to go down as one of our best of the season.  He's been completely anonymous in the games I have seen though. 3/10

Jason Kerr - Formed an excellent partnership with Fordyce and chipped in with a number of goals as well.  I'd be keen for him to return next season as it sounds like he's not quite ready for the step up to the Premiership 7/10

Kyle Cameron - We will be in the market for at least one CB in the summer.  Cameron won't be one of them 4/10

Curtis Lyle - Signed as backup and unlikely to play N/A

Chris Kane - Started slowly but by the end was striking up an excellent partnership with Dobbie.  Really disappointing to see him recalled by St Johnstone where he has already established himself 8/10

Myles Beerman - Hasn't featured much but hasn't really made a case to when he has.  Very lightweight. 1/10

James McFadden - Many feared his legs had gone.  They were right. 3/10

Nikolay Todorov - Scored one crucial goal from the bench but has looked pretty meh aside from that.  I doubt we'll be in a rush to make his signing permanent. 6/10

Craig Samson - Big Sammy has been a rock since returning to the club; taking over from Billy O'Brien who was also excellent towards the end of last season. 14 league clean sheets this campaign and hasn't conceded at home for almost 5 months. 9/10.

Ross Stewart - Signed as cover for Samson, hasn't had much of an opportunity due to form but looks a decent prospect for the future. 5/10.

Harry Davis - Absolute gem of a find, by far and away the best centre half in this division. He would've been off to a bigger club if he wasn't badly injured at the start of the season. Has an excellent partnership with Gary MacKenzie and is helping Jack Baird develop his game hugely. Has played a massive part since he signed on loan last season. 8/10.

Liam Smith - Solid 7 performer every week, yet to see him put a foot wrong. Replacing an ageing Gary Irvine, I hope we manage to keep him again next season. 8/10

Massimo Donati - Hasn't made an appearance yet. Quite a bizarre signing, I think we signed him to cover for McGinn but then again he's been converted to a CB at Hamilton. Imagine he must be on a decent wage and will be offski in the summer unless he's kept on as a coach (apparently he's constantly lending advice to the likes of Magennis & McGinn on the training ground. 5/10.

Ian McShane - Composed midfielder & decent at set pieces. Started the season quite well but has struggled to get back into the team with the skipper playing out of his skin. 6/10.

Mark Hill - Seen him briefly at Aberdeen in the cup while they were running rings round us but hasn't been seen since. 2/10.

Ryan Flynn - Was quite excited when we signed him. He's a good age and has impressed in his lengthly spell in England. Think we're yet to see the best of him. 6/10.

Myles Hippolyte - Like Hill, we've seen Hippolyte being used sparingly but he has quality and his long throws into the box are looking very effective. Could be a useful trait for us next season if we're building a bigger, stronger team. Think he's been signed with one eye on the Premiership. 6/10.

Cammy Smith - Signing of the summer for me, what a player. Plays 'in the hole' behind one up front very well and has provided several assists as well as chipping in with a few goals this season. Very intelligent player. 10/10.

Gavin Reilly - A confidence player that has been mocked for a couple of years now and had taken an absolute battering from supporters of his previous clubs. I had a feeling that JR was the man to get his career back on track. 20 goals scored by Januaarryy. Gavin Reilly, I salute you. 9/10.

Danny Mullen - Knocks his pan in for the cause every week and think supporters are beginning to warm to him despite him being a target for the boo boys towards the start of his time here. Would've liked to see him chip in with another couple of goals but a very handy player with a lot of potential. 8/10.

Declan McManus - 7/10 - Puts in an absolute power of work rate every week but he doesn't score enough goals thankfully we've got Nicky Clark beside him who's one of the best strikers in the championship at doing just that, on games where he doesn't score he's still effective such as the game against Falkirk a couple of weeks back. 

Fraser Aird - 9/10 - Came with incredible ridicule from Falkirk fans but he's been absolutely fantastic nearly every game, think his only bad game was against Livingston on the first game, where he'd just signed, wasn't match fit and didn't know the players, every other game? Brilliant. I'd have him as the best winger in the league after Morgan, due to him having an end product which is rare for most wingers at this level. Baffling why he hasn't played more. 

Jock M'Voto - 7/10 - Another signed with much ridicule but he's been absolutely solid outwith one game, wins every header ever and as far as third choice centre backs go he's almost as good as you can get at this level. 

Aaron Splaine - 5/10 - Broke his leg pretty badly which limited his first team chances, is he up to this level? Not sure. 

Dean Shiels -4/10- For a player of his experience I expected more, never worked as part of a midfield two, was he misused by AJ? Absolutely. Was he any good for how we played him? Not particularly. 

Andy Ryan 6/10 Good backup striker, hasn't had much of a chance upfront due to McManus and Clark striking up such a partnership, definitely has potential. 

Lee Robinson 9/10 - Was pretty seething when we signed him, he's proven me wrong with 10 clean sheets in 16 games with a few Motm awards to boot, good WUM. 

James Craigan 6/10 I like him, works well in a midfield four on the right, is never going to be a traditional winger but his set pieces and crossing from open play is good, gives protection to the full back. 

James Vincent 7/10 Once he got upto much fitness and we stopped playing him wide he's been great, keeps things ticking over, wins challenges. 

Tom Beadling 9/10 He's brilliant, the difference in our centre midfield once he got match fit was absolutely staggering, wins challenges, headers and follows runners as a defensive mid, can also act as a box to box where he's got a decent hit on him, signing him permanently would be massive for next season. 

Daniel Armstrong 2/10 Not sure why we signed him tbh, 4th choice winger, 4th choice striker, he's sort off a shorter, faster David Hopkirk, is he any better than him though? Not sure

Scott Lochhead 1/10 - Looked OK in the betfred Cup, loaned out to Forfar where he didn't do much, not upto Championship level yet. 

All in all I think if we were to start the season now we'd run St Mirren closer which gives me hope for next year, hopefully AJ realises the type of player we need to get out of this league. Getting Beadling back alongside a midfielder like Joe Thompson would be massive. That was the big thing until about February/March, we were playing with two central midfielders who were totally unsuited to how AJ wanted us to play. 

McManus - started the season in brilliant form. Been off the boil since about December. Runs around a lot, with little end product of late - 7/10

Aird - we were warned to expect the worst. Barely seen him until the last few weeks. Looked good in flashes before then. Don’t think his 7/8 starts can merit more than a 6/10

Shiels - arrived with a good reputation, but hasn’t fitted into our system well. Had the odd good game, but his lack of quality has been shown up since our new midfielders were signed - 5/10

M’Voto - Frozen out for half of the season. Looked very reliable since January, and contributed well to our impressive defensive stats since then. Missing half of the season makes it hard to say he’s been a great signing, given he’s on a 1 year deal - 6.5/10

Splaine - looked ok, but hardly seen him play. Unfortunately, his injury came as he was starting to get his chance. Not his fault, but can’t say it’s been a good signing, when he hasn’t played - 2/10

Ryan - came with a great reputation and a lot of expectation. Looked ok at times, but also looked out of his depth at times. Hardly played, and therefore made very little contribution so far. Going to rate him on his contribution so far, not what he might do in the future - 5/10

Lochhead - was with us last season, so not sure why everyone’s naming him? Made his debut in July 2016.

Robinson - 10 clean sheets in 16 games. Record speaks for itself, given he was signed 2 weeks after we conceded 5 at Home to Queens and had only kept 4 clean sheets all season beforehand - 9/10

Craigen - looks like there’s a player in there, but he’s not really settled into one position. Played both out wide and through the middle. Scored the goal v Inverness to kick off or good run and contributed well since. 7/10

Vincent - been in and out of the team due to injury. Looked good when he’s played, but missed most of our good run. If fit, I think he’d be a good player to keep. 6/10

Armstrong - not sure why we signed him, when he’s only been getting about 10-15 mins of action, likely to decrease now that Carole’s back as well. Looks talented, but contributed nothing. 2/10

Beadling - transformed the midfield. Mobile defensive midfielder, that shows us what we’ve been missing. Good with the ball at his feet and breaks up play very well. Been our best player since signing. Would love to keep him, but he’ll get a much better offer for next season elsewhere. 9/10

Think the posts above have been a bit too generous with some players, but everyone’s always going to have different opinions. I’ve tried to do my ratings based on contribution since signing, which obviously means if they haven’t played, they haven’t contributed.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Dunfermline must've endured horrible luck to sign all these 8s and 9s out of 10 without winning the league.

Surely depends on the scale you're judging them on? If Dumbarton finished 5th or 6th then you'd expect a lot of their signings to be considered 8/10 or 9/10 because they'd have helped the team to finish higher than expectations.

A lot of the ratings in the OP are probably exaggerated though.

3 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Now that we've had near enough a full season it is a good time to rate and review the signings brought in this season.

Declan McManus - Arrived to much ridicule of the vast majority of the league, especially Rovers fans, proved all of  his doubters wrong and has been excellent this season,  Seems a top-rate WUM as well, one of the boys who just #getsit.  9/10

Fraser Aird - Arrived to much the same reaction as McManus, however with a massive tone of hatred through it, from our own support as well (myself included). His performance against Livi made it seem like this was going to be a failed venture, however he's taken every further chance presented to him with both hands, been a stand-out player in every game he's been a part of and looked right up for it. Would like to see a bit more of him though 8/10

Dean Shiels - Classy midfielder who can completely calm the game down, was expected to be one of our key players this season and look a class above most of the division, don't think he's hit the level he is capable of at East End and his inclusion can leave our midfield looking a bit lightweight sometimes, quality player nonetheless 7/10

Jean-Yves M'voto - I'll admit to wondering what the f**k AJ was playing at when he signed, even beginning to believe we were moving to 3 at the back. Signed as a back-up player but has had to step in to the first-team due to injuries and suspensions, has been extremely solid when he's done so too, will be especially fondly remembered for his outstanding showing in his first start at home to Falkirk.  7/10

Aaron Splaine - Looked bright early on in the season drifting in and out of the first-team but suffered an unfortunate horror injury that's put him out for the season making it very difficult to judge and will quite possibly see him offloaded in the summer, hopefully not. 5/10

Andy Ryan - Pissed all over league 1 leading us to actually pay money for him, has looked okay in the small number of times he's played but would have expected more. Kept out the team by Smith early on and only really making substitute appearances thereafter. 4/10

Scott Lochhead - Signed as one for the future, started the season fairly well before being shunted out to Forfar on loan, hasn't been seen since returning. One to watch. 6/10

Lee Robinson - To my absolute horror saw him sign and immediately go into the starting line-up against Falkirk, to my delight I saw him absolutely boss that game and pick up the motm award as we stormed to victory. His record says it all, 10 clean sheets in 16 games for us since signing, clearly capable of howlers but hasn't shown that at East End, his performances do make me worry that he'll keep Murdoch out of returning and his signing makes me question why Cammy Gill should even bother turning up to training ,however that is to do with AJ not Robinson. 9/10

James Craigen - An apparently shite  player from one of our rivals who has been good for us....that sounds strangely familiar... 7/10

James Vincent - Meh  6/10

Daniel Armstrong - Hardly played. 3/10

Tom Beadling - Very good young player who will boss League 1 with Sunderland next season, would like to see us keep him. 8/10

Overall I think AJ has done some very shrewd business this season, any poor signings have been generally inconsequential, could have used him solidifying the obviously light midfield in summer rather than January, however he did get the issues fixed in the end.

Allowing Smith to go out on loan was and still is completely baffling, although McManus and Clark's performances have perhaps shown that is was justified. 

Grade - B+

How can you rate Lochhead over Andy Ryan?

:lol:

Ryan has scored and contributed more per minute played than any other player.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

How can you rate Lochhead over Andy Ryan?

:lol:

Ryan has scored and contributed more per minute played than any other player.

We paid money for him and is a first team signing, he’s failed to have a significant impact, he undoubtedly has ability but scoring in the challenge cup and at home to Brechin doesn’t constitute a good signing to me.

Lochhead was signed as “one for the future” and looked bright when he’s played, which suggests he’s going to turn into a good player, therefore justifying his signing.

ETA - Should have looked at the poster before replying, minter.

Archived