Cove v Spartans / Spartans v Cove

The BBC treating the Play Off with all the respect you'd expect from a national public service broadcaster
1rfe45.png
Strangely there were no shortage of BBC Scotland journalists covering the bowls from Australia but they can't cover a national league playoff from the North East of Scotland.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, haufdaft said:
1 hour ago, EdTheDuck said:
The BBC treating the Play Off with all the respect you'd expect from a national public service broadcaster
1rfe45.png

Strangely there were no shortage of BBC Scotland journalists covering the bowls from Australia but they can't cover a national league playoff from the North East of Scotland.

Normally the stats etc for the BBC come from Opta take it they wern't covering the game.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Ominous result for Cowden. Brora looked a tough and organised side when they beat us in the cup, who wouldn't look out of place at all in L2, and they were well off the pace in the HL. Gut feeling is, Cowden are going down.

Brora were absolutely shite when we gubbed them in the league cup, so cup games mean little.

however, I agree with your gut feeling.

39 minutes ago, big al said:

Brora were absolutely shite when we gubbed them in the league cup, so cup games mean little.

They went on to have a very poor defence of their title.

1rfe45.png

Watching afternoon sportscene today, they completely ignored the fact that League 2 had been clinched, in fact it was not mentioned until 5pm, so little chance this game was getting any attention,

50 minutes ago, ecto said:

Watching afternoon sportscene today, they completely ignored the fact that League 2 had been clinched, in fact it was not mentioned until 5pm, so little chance this game was getting any attention,

Its sums it up when sky sports and that nob jeff sterling seem to give more attention to the 'other' leagues in Scotland than those sportscene p***ks.

Its sums it up when sky sports and that nob jeff sterling seem to give more attention to the 'other' leagues in Scotland than those sportscene p***ks.

But even when the Peterhead winner went in, it came up on the screen and that w****r Currie just ignored it, p***k

2 hours ago, big al said:

1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

They went on to have a very poor defence of their title.

Buckie and Brora are not the same club.

Typical and shocking but no surprise! Totally uninterested that League 2 had  issues still to be confirmed and no mention of Champions and the “fight” for play off.  (Fight turned out to be a damp squib, but still!)

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Absolutely correct. Better listening to Open all mics on radio.

See, I would have agreed with you before last weekend. Then, they started a chat about the Highland/Lowland, and Chick started talking about how the "10 team" Highland would cope with Cove going up and Cowden joining (apparently they jumped further north in his mind). Utterly clueless when it would literally take a 5 minute spell of googling to appear informed.

(...not to mention the clueless hemming and hawing on Off the Ball today when the bold Stuart and Tam couldn't work out where a helicopter might be based to take a league trophy to either Montrose or Peterhead. Hint- it begins with A, and has a lot to do with North Sea Oil). Expect moronic questions next week on Off the Ball along the lines of haw haw haw wid Cowden go tae the Highland League if they git relegaytit??

genuinely clueless. Anywhere north of the central belt might as well be in Kyrgyzstan as far as our "national" broadcaster is concerned.

No danger they would take today's play-off seriously, the most interest they will show is in the second leg where they will turn up like ghouls hoping for footage of crying Cowdenbeath fans.

(...not to mention the clueless hemming and hawing on Off the Ball today when the bold Stuart and Tam couldn't work out where a helicopter might be based to take a league trophy to either Montrose or Peterhead. Hint- it begins with A, and has a lot to do with North Sea Oil). Expect moronic questions next week on Off the Ball along the lines of haw haw haw wid Cowden go tae the Highland League if they git relegaytit??
genuinely clueless. Anywhere north of the central belt might as well be in Kyrgyzstan as far as our "national" broadcaster is concerned.
No danger they would take today's play-off seriously, the most interest they will show is in the second leg where they will turn up like ghouls hoping for footage of crying Cowdenbeath fans.

[emoji23]

That Tam impression

To be fair they seemed to work out where it would be pretty quickly, me and my mate were just leaving Perth when they’d said Aberdeen airport. Think that was about 1.

I think OTB is brilliant and should be treated separately from the other BBC shows. They did speak about Cove and even Kelty today.

14 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Ominous result for Cowden. Brora looked a tough and organised side when they beat us in the cup, who wouldn't look out of place at all in L2, and they were well off the pace in the HL. Gut feeling is, Cowden are going down.

It pains me but I think you are probably correct. Hopefully we are both wrong.

Archived