Cove v Spartans / Spartans v Cove

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hoping to get along to the home leg next week 

Cove slight favourites?

Don't know anything about Spartans as a team but Cove have had to cram in a lot of Football recently 

When are the games please?

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Hoping to get along to the home leg next week 

Cove slight favourites?

Don't know anything about Spartans as a team but Cove have had to cram in a lot of Football recently 

They have Grimbo as a celebrity supporter.  Thats all you need to know. 

Who are the main player's in the Spartans team that have helped them win the league? Quick check and recognise a few players name's ...Gavin Malin being one Ross allum and David Greenhill is all I know.

Fancy Cove to win this quite easily, to be honest.

Only problems for them may be tiredness after a lot of games, and lack of any sustained challenge in the Highland League this season. Spartans may be a bit battle hardened after their title race going right to the wire.

Broader question for Cove, if they don't win this now after a season of such dominance, when will they ever?

3 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

28th April at Inverurie

1st May in Edinburgh 

I might be wrong, but it seems that every year the Lowland League club has the second leg st home. Anyone any idea who it is decided?

I might be wrong, but it seems that every year the Lowland League club has the second leg st home. Anyone any idea who it is decided?

The first play off in 2015, the 2nd leg was at the Highland League ground. The last 2 were at the Lowland League. Was there not a rearrangement this year due to the Highland League fixture f**k up?

The first play off in 2015, the 2nd leg was at the Highland League ground. The last 2 were at the Lowland League. Was there not a rearrangement this year due to the Highland League fixture f**k up?

Yeah, think the arrangement with the HL was that the season could be extended but at the disadvantage of their representative.

Pretty sure the format is (usually) toss of a coin to decide.

4 hours ago, mo83 said:

Who are the main player's in the Spartans team that have helped them win the league? Quick check and recognise a few players name's ...Gavin Malin being one Ross allum and David Greenhill is all I know.

Jamie Dishington is the man to watch. Creative attacking mid with an eye for goal - he'll need to play well for Spartans to win this.

The more I think about this tie, the more I can see Cove coming through as winners. Spartans need to leave Inverurie with a draw or win in the bag IMO.

I remember the big hype about Brora and we humped them in the cup easily beat them in a friendly the season after easily then again in the Scottish Cup year after... don’t fancy either of these teams in the league but again hate Cowdenbeath away

Archived