Fixture man strikes again

nicotina

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

And now we find ourselves without a game on the 19th May. Having played Mon, Weds, Sat for a number of weeks, we now have a free Saturday. U couldn't make it up.

Maybe he thought the Cambuslang Rangers people would all want to be watching the Royal Wedding. Or the Scottish Cup Final....

Do you know my frustration?

As well as the really close title race we have in the Premier, we have an exciting situation in the Super 1st where there are three of us on exactly the same number of points with two games to play each. With Renfrew not far in front & Glencairn and Medda not far behind, it’s not inconceivable that you could have 6 teams separated by a point or even goal difference at the end of the season; with three of them going straight up, two in the play-offs & one team missing out. And most of these six teams still to face each other as well. We could have the sort of last day drama that players, coaches, sponsors & Media all dream of!

With only a few weeks planning, this could be set-up for the kind of situation that could be splashed all over the papers for some fantastic publicity for the West Region Juniors - except we don’t know when they’re all playing (beyond 10 days notice) and with last night’s fixtures out, a last day drama has been avoided.

Something worth bearing in mind next time the dearth of sponsorship or positive publicity is mentioned...

I probably can’t add anything that hasn’t been already said on the numerous threads about the incompetence of this guy.

Is there a grade of football that is run in a worse manner, fixtures wise, than junior football? And I am meaning from kids football, to ammies to over 35’s football.

Granted some may be simpler to organise but this guy can’t even get the basics right. As some have said it’s time he was put out to pasture

6 hours ago, Troon Portland said:

Do you know my frustration?

As well as the really close title race we have in the Premier, we have an exciting situation in the Super 1st where there are three of us on exactly the same number of points with two games to play each. With Renfrew not far in front & Glencairn and Medda not far behind, it’s not inconceivable that you could have 6 teams separated by a point or even goal difference at the end of the season; with three of them going straight up, two in the play-offs & one team missing out. And most of these six teams still to face each other as well. We could have the sort of last day drama that players, coaches, sponsors & Media all dream of!

With only a few weeks planning, this could be set-up for the kind of situation that could be splashed all over the papers for some fantastic publicity for the West Region Juniors - except we don’t know when they’re all playing (beyond 10 days notice) and with last night’s fixtures out, a last day drama has been avoided.

Something worth bearing in mind next time the dearth of sponsorship or positive publicity is mentioned...

Sadly, the desperation to squeeze in the Evening Times Cup will over-ride any hopes of an end of season nail-biter.

Sadly, the desperation to squeeze in the Evening Times Cup will over-ride any hopes of an end of season nail-biter.
That's a few times in last couple of days you have popped up with criticism regarding fixtures , yet we all still await your solution (if you actually have one)

26 minutes ago, qwerty said:
2 hours ago, Kennie said:

That's a few times in last couple of days you have popped up with criticism regarding fixtures , yet we all still await your solution (if you actually have one)

Its a perfectly cromulent point though?

...and as noted, his manifesto has been sent to all clubs, I guess if qwerty wants to read it he could ask his club.

1 hour ago, qwerty said:
3 hours ago, Kennie said:

I've never been a fan of the way the Evening Times Cup disrupts the league fixtures. I tried to get it discussed when I was on the management committee but never got anywhere.

I did mention it in my campaign last year though. Here's what I said then -(Copied from my letter to the AGM)

The Evening Times Cup is one that definitely needs looked at seriously. This cup involves 5 teams at present, yet it inconveniences all 64 clubs in the region, due to the need to find out the league winners so that we can squeeze this competition in at the end of the season. Some clubs therefore find they are forced to play midweek games even though there are sufficient Saturdays left to play their remaining league fixtures. I would suggest opening it back up to include cup winners and play it throughout the following season with the final near the end of the season. 

I've never been a fan of the way the Evening Times Cup disrupts the league fixtures. I tried to get it discussed when I was on the management committee but never got anywhere.
I did mention it in my campaign last year though. Here's what I said then -(Copied from my letter to the AGM)
The Evening Times Cup is one that definitely needs looked at seriously. This cup involves 5 teams at present, yet it inconveniences all 64 clubs in the region, due to the need to find out the league winners so that we can squeeze this competition in at the end of the season. Some clubs therefore find they are forced to play midweek games even though there are sufficient Saturdays left to play their remaining league fixtures. I would suggest opening it back up to include cup winners and play it throughout the following season with the final near the end of the season. 

Get your point Kennie but you would be playing for the trophy 12 months later with an entirely different squad from the one that won a league 12 months prior.

Next year you will have 4 league winners. Play it over a weekend either fri/sat/sun along with the play off’s at 1 venue or 2.

4 minutes ago, juventus said:

Get your point Kennie but you would be playing for the trophy 12 months later with an entirely different squad from the one that won a league 12 months prior.

Next year you will have 4 league winners. Play it over a weekend either fri/sat/sun along with the play off’s at 1 venue or 2.

I appreciate that, but the inconvenience it causes to ALL clubs is greater than the benefit it creates.

Champions League and Europa League spring to mind. You qualify for them in one season and play in them the following season.

36 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I appreciate that, but the inconvenience it causes to ALL clubs is greater than the benefit it creates.

Champions League and Europa League spring to mind. You qualify for them in one season and play in them the following season.

Still trying to squeeze all the cups in Kennie ? 30 league games next season , Evening Times will be even harder to fit in...bin it.

3 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Still trying to squeeze all the cups in Kennie ? 30 league games next season , Evening Times will be even harder to fit in...bin it.

It is only my thoughts on it if it does survive the 'Cull'.

But it won't be up to me. It's all down to how the clubs see things.

There is no point talking about the Evening Times Cup. The ET are quite clear that it must remain as an end of season tournament. Maybe it's time for the clubs to dump it. Talking of cups.....when do we find out what cups there will be next season?

10 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

There is no point talking about the Evening Times Cup. The ET are quite clear that it must remain as an end of season tournament. Maybe it's time for the clubs to dump it. Talking of cups.....when do we find out what cups there will be next season?

Maybe the evening times need to be brought up to date with the changing face of Junior football.

With an evacuation of East Region clubs to the EoS it could be the Scottish Cup at the end of the season, thus allowing an uninterrupted League programme for the new Secretary to administer.

Find it interesting that Kenny says the clubs will decide future of Evening Times while Glensmad states that it will remain? Who wants to ruin the end of a season long league campaign by playing Monday and Wednesday nights (when games could be played on Saturday) to facilitate this meaningless cup? If the Evening Times want involved in Junior football why not sponsor the Scottish Cup?

If the new sectional league cup proposal is agreed the Evening Times as the sponsor would make sense to me, we also need to somehow give our WOS Cup the recognition it deserves perhaps something could be done with the ET here, that way we could do away with this end of season nonsense. Sure something could be agreed with New Coin Automatics, maybe they would be interested in sponsoring  the big cup as its desperately needs a sponsor and something is  better than nothing. 

Archived