Dumbarton v Inverness - WEDNESDAY Night

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, optimistic said:

Are we as bad as twitter sounds?

I've not read the tweets, but yes.

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Didn't take him long to pick up a yellow.

If he'd actually made proper contact it could've easily been a red too.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fairly odd that Aitken waits until now to start Stewart and play Froxy/Walsh through the middle.

Disappointing to see Stirling on the bench but at least we're going for something a bit different.

Says it all for me, basically nothing to play for now & he starts guys who perhaps should have been regular first team starters.

That was absolutely rubbish. We have no tactics, no fight, no spark and didn't even look remotely interested in trying to win. At times I felt we were playing for a 0-1, and I've said that a lot this season.

Players being played out of position and two like-for-like changes. Why not put Wilson on ahead of Hutton? At least he offers some attacking threat. Why not keep Stewart on and hook a CDM? What have we got to lose? Who cares if we get pumped again, it makes no difference anymore.

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That was absolutely rubbish. We have no tactics, no fight, no spark and didn't even look remotely interested in trying to win. At times I felt we were playing for a 0-1, and I've said that a lot this season.

Players being played out of position and two like-for-like changes. Why not put Wilson on ahead of Hutton? At least he offers some attacking threat. Why not keep Stewart on and hook a CDM? What have we got to lose? Who cares if we get pumped again, it makes no difference anymore.

Maybe sees himself as a Claudio Ranieri "tinker man" type.

I know! I'll put Grant Gallagher at right back! Despite having other (better) options, i.e Hill, Dowie.

Truly bizarre

Not surprised to hear that attendance, it's a glorified friendly at the end of a dour season. It wasn't hard to find something else to do this evening.

The entire club just seems dejected and we're headed in only one direction unless something unexpected happens.

Tonight actually confirmed for me that Aitken is a bit clueless. The fact he played Gallagher at right back and Barr in central midfield is absolutely bonkers. Gallagher is a central midfielder and Barr is a defender. Dowie can easily play RB.

You have Walsh and Froxy playing out wide, both of whom are clearly more suited to playing through the middle whilst he plays an out and out winger through the middle.

Then you have the Hutton substitute. We need a goal and he brings on Kyle Hutton.

The team look devoid of confidence or any sort of fight and in all honesty we are an utter rabble from front to back with zero organisation. The players aren't good enough and the management team are absolutely clueless.

We have no chance in the playoffs, we're doon.

It’s a very disappointing end to the season. We had the high in Wales then the build up to the cup final now it seems the doom and gloom has hit and that includes the team. As has been alluded too on sons sorrow, relegation could be devastating for us. Some of the players though? Do they care? How many will be around next season if we go down? I’d assume not a lot as most if not all will undoubtably be on 1 year deals. Granted maybe they won’t find other clubs in the championship but probably clubs that will pay better in league 1 or 2.
At the start of the season we signed what we knew was a bunch of players that were injury prone that probably wouldn’t sign for us in other circumstances, we all worried if this tactic would backfire as they would no doubt be injured throughout the season and that has indeed been the case.
We can blame this, we can blame the off field issues, we can blame stevie, we can blame just about anything we want but the long and short of it is the players downed tools weeks ago, probably around Christmas, it has been inept performance after inept performance glossed over by our mazy cup run.
We lack a Chris turner, a Garry Fleming or a Brian Prunty, would these guys accept performances like that week in week out from their team mates? I think not.

In all honesty does anyone think mark Stewart did any better tonight than those that have gone before him . Absolutely no

got me Craig Barr who hasn’t been my personal favourite is the only one I give pass marks to tonight

burt tried to join him but for me is too lightweight 

the rest not good enough 

In all honesty does anyone think mark Stewart did any better tonight than those that have gone before him . Absolutely no
got me Craig Barr who hasn’t been my personal favourite is the only one I give pass marks to tonight
burt tried to join him but for me is too lightweight 
the rest not good enough 

The thing is, the likes Mark Stewart, Froxylias etc need a run of games under their belt to get up to speed and playing well, much like anyone at any level of football. The fact Stevie has not been playing them at all has absolutely hindered their progression or a chance of a good run of form going into the play offs. Absolutely ludicrous and criminal in my opinion. His team selection along with some player’s attitude towards the end of the season hasn’t been good enough. Granted we have had horrendous luck with injuries this season but why pick a team that includes players that clearly aren’t able to cut it at this level, some are out of position and ( with exception of tonight ) leave better and more capable options on the bench?

10 minutes ago, FraserDFC said:

The thing is, the likes Mark Stewart, Froxylias etc need a run of games under their belt to get up to speed and playing well, much like anyone at any level of football. The fact Stevie has not been playing them at all has absolutely hindered their progression or a chance of a good run of form going into the play offs. Absolutely ludicrous and criminal in my opinion. His team selection along with some player’s attitude towards the end of the season hasn’t been good enough. Granted we have had horrendous luck with injuries this season but why pick a team that includes players that clearly aren’t able to cut it at this level, some are out of position and ( with exception of tonight ) leave better and more capable options on the bench?

That final part is pretty questionable to be honest. I don't think the players we have had on the bench are better options.

But I have to agree with others that G Gall should be nowhere near right back when whilst we have Barr in his (Gall's) natural position. That's the best I have seen Barr play in midfield because in general he is rotten in there.

100% Dowie would be a much better option at RB because nobody can argue that Grant has pace or anything that Dowie wouldn't. I'd accept that argument if we had overlapping runs whilst in attack but we weren't getting that anyway.

Froxy- regardless of the position he plays - is far too much of a luxury for a team in our position.

We definitely look like a team who think they're already relegated and Stevie needs to stop messing about with things so much and start preparing for the very important play off matches we will be playing in a fortnight.

Archived