Inverness vs Dunfermline

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Fantastic game on Saturday. There maybe wasn't a lot of goalmouth action at times but you could see how much it meant to both sets of players and fans alike. 

I think a point was fair in the end and while it does help us, I wouldn't rule Caley out just yet. They're good enough to win both of their remaining games. 

We scored a good early goal through Ryan, although Ridgers really should be doing better, IMO. 

A great free-kick by Chalmers and then Inverness dominated until Austin went off. 

He had the better of M'Voto nearly all afternoon so I was surprised to see him go off so early on in the second-half, tbh. 

We seemed to get a grip of things once Fash had been subbed but ICT defended really well. 

It looked like it wouldn't be our day despite bringing on Cardle, McManus and then throwing M'Voto up top too. 

It was some scenes when Clark scored, the away end and the team went crazy. You could see how big a goal that was. However, like I've said, the job isn't over, yet. 

John Robertson gave a great interview post-match. He was very honest but also very subdued. I was surprised he bigged up Dunfermline to the extent he did but I suspect that'll be to ease the pressure on his side against Livingston tomorrow. 

My match report, plus the comments of Allan Johnston and JR can be found here.

I wish you guys the best of luck tomorrow and on Saturday against Morton. It has been a great fight and Dunfermline will know - IF they make the playoffs - that they were in a closely contested battle against Inverness. 

I have enjoyed both my trips up to the Highlands this term; Caley have been very accommodating and welcoming to myself and the rest of the ParsTV crew, while also being very helpful with us at times, too. 

All the Best! But, COYP! :thumsup2

Picked up a knock and came off injured, Which is highly unusual....

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Picked up a knock and came off injured, Which is highly unusual....

Haha, didn't realise it was injury related. 

He comes from my neck of the woods and is ex-East Fife so I've followed his career with interest. He seems to be OK at this level but fitness seems the main issue. If he got a full season, I'm sure he'd be in and around the top goal-scorers within the Championship. Glad he's got another year with you guys and I hope he kicks on with yous next term. 

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

Haha, didn't realise it was injury related. 

He comes from my neck of the woods and is ex-East Fife so I've followed his career with interest. He seems to be OK at this level but fitness seems the main issue. If he got a full season, I'm sure he'd be in and around the top goal-scorers within the Championship. Glad he's got another year with you guys and I hope he kicks on with yous next term. 

The last 6 or 7 games he has managed to get a good run in the team. In the last 4 he’s showed real potential (getting 5 goals) and looks like he could be quality. This is the third time he’s been injured with us already which a very concerning.

Hopefully there wasn’t too much wrong with him this time.

18 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

Probably because he was fucking seething and needed to vent somewhere at someone.

Fair fucks for owning up too.

Good egg.

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

:lol:

Also, fair play to RiG for owning up,

Wasn't the first time I've made some kind of knee jerk comment on Twitter that turned out to be a load of pish and I suspect it won't be the last. It wasn't quite NDD levels of heads gone but it came close :(

Looking back at just how much of a great day I had on Saturday. First time I'd been up there since the relegation game and then I wasn't old enough to drink etc. Great company and banter from chickenwing and Da_baracus, a lot of alcohol consumed ( even with a break in-between trying to find a pub serving booze when we arrived) the glorious weather and last minute equaliser. One of the best away days iv had in a long time.

Archived