Inverness vs Dunfermline

Visiting in-laws in Ireland from tomorrow night until Monday so no trip to the highlands for me. Was booked when we were going through the extended sh*te patch mid-season. Massive game, both teams doing well. A win for Dumbarton tonight would be excellent.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, smpar said:

I've just realised that Inverness' goals against at home tally (15) is only second to St Mirren's and equal to Livingston's. With the same amount, we have the best in the league away from home.

Cue 3-3 on Saturday.

It’s a stat-tactic tie. A draw would be ideal and although wins away to full timers are rare under AJ we’ve got draws at Easter Rd and Tannadice under him. 

On 16/04/2018 at 23:10, TheMessiah said:

We always do well in games in Inverness...

:unsure2:

Fixed.

We've won twice up there. In total. 2 wins in almost 20 years. A laughable record that needs rectified starting Saturday 

Nicky Clarke to do 'A Jimmy Mac' then Lee Robinson to do 'a de Vries' to cap off a fine run of recent form.

ICT 2-1 Pars. Just like that time I don't like talk about.

Isn't McManus suspended some time soon? I'd have Andy Ryan starting anyway tbh. The Salmon-like way we lept to meet the cross for his goal on Saturday was utterly wonderful.

1 hour ago, BendtnerBairn said:

If Inverness win tonight this is a massive game.

Indeed.

A draw is a good result for us on Saturday, regardless of what happens tonight. Obviously if Caley drop points at Dumbarton then a point would realistically secure us top four.

Although, even if Caley win tonight and then beat us, they probably still need to win at Livi and Morton. Will take some effort but they're in excellent form.

A proper arse-clencher in store on Saturday now!

Win and we're definitely in the play-offs. Lose and we need Livi and/or Morton to do us a favour. Draw and we'd probably just need to avoid defeat against Dumbarton on the final day.

Edit - Since our last meeting at EEP on the 13th March, neither side has lost a game.

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

A proper arse-clencher in store on Saturday now!

Win and we're definitely in the play-offs. Lose and we need Livi and/or Morton to do us a favour. Draw and we'd probably just need to avoid defeat against Dumbarton on the final day.

Edit - Since our last meeting at EEP on the 13th March, neither side has lost a game.

What a fact that is btw

1-0 win at Dumbarton for us, very scrappy with no-one at the races bar fan favourite Iain Vigurs who virtually single handedly dug us out, instrumental tonight.

Vigurs is easily our POTS and has played nothing less than an 8/10 since our 1-0 loss back at East End Park in March. He is now serving a 2 match suspension. So even if we do go on to win on Saturday, I really see us struggling to get 3 points away to Livi on Tues. AND if we're without cap Gary Warren (as he came off injured in the 25th) on Saturday it'll mean a start for Collin Seedorf at RB -  he is not good at defending. Dunfermline's pace on the flanks and nobody to control the middle of the park for us, it'll be Joe Chalmers, who has been poor during our good run and Trafford at CDM so I'd have a little bit of confidence if I were a Dunfermline fan. 

My excuses are well and truly in early for us! 

6 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

1-0 win at Dumbarton for us, very scrappy with no-one at the races bar fan favourite Iain Vigurs who virtually single handedly dug us out, instrumental tonight.

Vigurs is easily our POTS and has played nothing less than an 8/10 since our 1-0 loss back at East End Park in March. He is now serving a 2 match suspension. So even if we do go on to win on Saturday, I really see us struggling to get 3 points away to Livi on Tues. AND if we're without cap Gary Warren (as he came off injured in the 25th) on Saturday it'll mean a start for Collin Seedorf at RB -  he is not good at defending. Dunfermline's pace on the flanks and nobody to control the middle of the park for us, it'll be Joe Chalmers, who has been poor during our good run and Trafford at CDM so I'd have a little bit of confidence if I were a Dunfermline fan. 

Harsh on Polworth, I think, who was excellent again last night as he has been for weeks now. Agree that Vigurs had an excellent game too though. 

I share your fears about Seedorf - as I said on the Dumbarton thread, he looked like he didn't want the ball when he came on last night, and if he's like that against a team that posed us virtually no threat, what will he be like against a team that absolutely murdered him back in August, and which has a real incentive to win the game? Warren also likely to be a huge loss, as Vigurs will be.

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Although, even if Caley win tonight and then beat us, they probably still need to win at Livi and Morton. Will take some effort but they're in excellent form.

Yep. Said elsewhere that it will be some achievement if we could do that with this team, but still very unlikely - even in 2002-03 and 2009-10 when we had teams capable of running riot, I don't remember us ever winning 8 on the bounce, and while this team is vastly improved since the start of the season, it still lacks pace and struggles to break teams down or take chances. Starting to get excited for Saturday now though. 

7 hours ago, Sean ICTFC said:

My excuses are well and truly in early for us! 

Good stuff. With Fraser Aird’s recent performances you really need your right back to be on top form.

1 hour ago, alternative maryhill said:

Yep. Said elsewhere that it will be some achievement if we could do that with this team, but still very unlikely - even in 2002-03 and 2009-10 when we had teams capable of running riot, I don't remember us ever winning 8 on the bounce, and while this team is vastly improved since the start of the season, it still lacks pace and struggles to break teams down or take chances. Starting to get excited for Saturday now though. 

We won nine games in a row at the end of the 2009-10 season but I agree, this side doesn't compare to those.

I think this is going to be a game too far for the team - we've beaten teams like Dumbarton, Queens and Falkirk on this run but Dunfermline are a different matter, they are on a great run, comparable to ours, and with Vigurs missing we are definitely at a disadvantage.

Due to having a two month old baby I won't make it to this one sadly - it's great that we've managed to keep our season alive to this point, it seemed hugely unlikely a few weeks ago but it's also frustrating because if we hadn't had such a terrible, chaotic close season and first quarter we'd probably be secure in a play-off spot.  

It's quite feasible that Mckay could remain at right back and Tremarco comes into the centre of defence alongside Donaldson. Basically, do anything not to play Seedorf at right back.

We are 99.9% out of this, so after St Mirren pump us on Sat, ICT will definitely win in Greenock on the last day as we will have chucked it and in Holiday mode.

Think ICT will win on Sat leaving just Livvy to go. Would be some achievement if they won 8 on the bounce considering how pish they were 5 weeks ago!

Archived