Stranraer Vs Raith Rovers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

NINETY fans, when you’re chasing a league title? That’s utterly pathetic. We took more to Arbroath on a Wednesday night in freezing temperatures. What a poor show that is.

Not sure why you are so bothered by it. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Luckily using how many fans you take to a game to score points is the preserve of the puddle drinker and means f**k all to anycunt of any substance.

You’re chasing a league and take 90 fans. You’re not even in the game.

20 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

There are a few points here I think. The main one is that this is our third 8 hour round trip due to the mid-game abandonment, so many will have had enough of Stranraer.

Another point is that for weeks now whilst we have not really been  'chasing a league'; you have been huge favourites and the fact we are still in it is a mystery. most people are consigned to the play offs and waiting for those. 

Another point is that for well over a calender year our away form has been diabolical. Many are picking and choosing after such bad experiences. You lot on the other hand have excellent away form - is it a surprise most people don't mind a trip when you win 90odd % of the time?

Another is that, reading off the Ayr forum, there seems to be many of your fans that are actually really excited about winning the 'title' as your club haven't  won even the third tier for over 20 years so for most fans under 35 this is a first chance to really enjoy winning something. It makes sense that many want to travel and watch every game. I think I speak for most Rovers fans that winning the league is all about promotion and 'the title' means f**k all. 

Anyway, if we are crowd wanking, your home gates are diabolical despite scoring over 100 goals.  :) 

On to the game, very good win. Over to Jobby McCall. Hoping Alloa do us a favour! 

There are a few points here I think. The main one is that this is our third 8 hour round trip due to the mid-game abandonment, so many will have had enough of Stranraer.
Another point is that for weeks now whilst we have not really been  'chasing a league'; you have been huge favourites and the fact we are still in it is a mystery. most people are consigned to the play offs and waiting for those. 
Another point is that for well over a calender year our away form has been diabolical. Many are picking and choosing after such bad experiences. You lot on the other hand have excellent away form - is it a surprise most people don't mind a trip when you win 90odd % of the time?
Another is that, reading off the Ayr forum, there seems to be many of your fans that are actually really excited about winning the 'title' as your club haven't  won even the third tier for over 20 years so for most fans under 35 this is a first chance to really enjoy winning something. It makes sense that many want to travel and watch every game. I think I speak for most Rovers fans that winning the league is all about promotion and 'the title' means f**k all. 
Anyway, if we are crowd wanking, your home gates are diabolical despite scoring over 100 goals.  [emoji4] 

On to the game, very good win. Over to Jobby McCall. Hoping Alloa do us a favour! 

Now that’s you fucking told!

Regardless of your shite away form taking only 90 fans to a game when you’re second top with a really good chance of winning the league is utterly embarrassing.

Just shows what little faith the fans actually have in their team.

Regardless of your shite away form taking only 90 fans to a game when you’re second top with a really good chance of winning the league is utterly embarrassing.

Considering some of the crap we've seen over the last 18 months, especially away from home and in crunch matches, it's little surprise there is a lack of faith.

It's not like we could've won the league today anyway but we could've lost it.

15 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Or this again....

1 hour ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Anyway, if we are crowd wanking, your home gates are diabolical despite scoring over 100 goals.  :) 

The bit in bold is actually a really good point.  As nice as it would be to win the league, it's something we've done twice since the turn of the century.  We've had far bigger days than Stranraer away for a chance to take a league 1 title to the final day in a somewhat uninspiring season.  

What's more embarrassing is that some Ayr fans think that this is a game where they think half of Kirkcaldy and Glenrothes should be at the game. Passive Scottish football fans get excited by big days out. Scottish Cup Quarter Final to Dundee, The Diddy Cup final where we beat Rangers, or even Grant Anderson's 20 yard backwards header against Hibs. We've been spoiled over the last ten years compared to other teams of a similar stature. 

That was one of the best away days in a very long time following the Rovers.

Best weather to ask for the drive down.
Tunes blaring the whole way down.
Got into the game for absolutely f**k all( I still don’t understand how :lol: )
And left with the 3 points after having played brilliant football for the majority of the game.

Topped off with a decent chippy when we stopped off in Ayr.

Hopefully Alloa can do their part tomorrow. I still have a feeling we’ll lose the league on goal difference.

2 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

The league was over a few weeks ago and most of us had resigned ourselves to the play-offs. The fact that it’s going to the wire because you can’t fall over the line is what’s embarrassing. 

Archived