Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

12 hours ago, well fan for life said:

The games folk have actually taken anything off Celtic this season, ourselves included, is by getting right in their faces from the off. Trying to hold out and build into the game is fucking suicidal as we saw on Sunday.

Hit their centre halves and they will struggle. They don't have anyone in defence who can play out while under pressure. Sitting off and letting guys like Rogic, Ntcham, McGregor, Roberts and Forrest come at you is just asking for a pumping.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hit their centre halves and they will struggle. They don't have anyone in defence who can play out while under pressure. Sitting off and letting guys like Rogic, Ntcham, McGregor, Roberts and Forrest come at you is just asking for a pumping.

Within the space of a fortnight Rangers seemed to forget this. At Ibrox they were causing havoc by having folk right on top of them, then they turned up at Hampden and gave Rogic the whole of Mount Florida to run about in.

I’d expect Robinson knows this already so expect an Up And At Them performance.

The debenture prices were announced this morning with the Bronze prices normally being within  few pounds of the North stand prices.

£48 for a seat almost level with the goal line or an upgrade to the middle for £70 which bar a slightly better seat (pitch wise) gives you access to a bar pre and post game.

cup final prices.jpg

What were the prices for the League Cup Final?  Was it not £35 for North/South Stands and £30 for East/West?

I would assume Celtic will be pushing the SFA to set as high a price as possible for this.  Even if it was £80 a ticket, Celtic would still be able to shift 50,000 tickets for it.  They'll feel the higher the price, the less tempted the "daytripper" Motherwell fans will be to buy a ticket, meaning Celtic will get an even bigger allocation. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Within the space of a fortnight Rangers seemed to forget this. At Ibrox they were causing havoc by having folk right on top of them, then they turned up at Hampden and gave Rogic the whole of Mount Florida to run about in.

I’d expect Robinson knows this already so expect an Up And At Them performance.

The 3-2 game it was more the long diagonal into the full back position that got Rangers a lot of joy, particularly on Celtic's left where Tierney plays more like a winger and rarely get's the joy of the Celtic player in front of him tracking back. Don't tend to see as much space on the other side, simply down to Celtic's options there being poorer and not as attacking as a result.

Definite potential for Motherwell to attack those areas and get a bit of joy if they are aggressive enough and good enough with their delivery.

Celtic, obviously, are heavy favourites, but there is good reason no one has ever managed a double treble and history is definitely in Motherwells favour as far as that goes.

50 minutes ago, Desp said:

What were the prices for the League Cup Final?  Was it not £35 for North/South Stands and £30 for East/West?

I would assume Celtic will be pushing the SFA to set as high a price as possible for this.  Even if it was £80 a ticket, Celtic would still be able to shift 50,000 tickets for it.  They'll feel the higher the price, the less tempted the "daytripper" Motherwell fans will be to buy a ticket, meaning Celtic will get an even bigger allocation. 

Tickets were £35/40 in north/south and £30 for west/east for League Cup Final and £35/30 for Scottish Cup Final last year.

I don't see prices being anything more than either of those so I don't really see your point. Celtic don't set the prices, if they did I'm sure our adult fans in the east stand on Sunday would have been charged more than £20

4 hours ago, Ross. said:

The 3-2 game it was more the long diagonal into the full back position that got Rangers a lot of joy, particularly on Celtic's left where Tierney plays more like a winger and rarely get's the joy of the Celtic player in front of him tracking back. Don't tend to see as much space on the other side, simply down to Celtic's options there being poorer and not as attacking as a result.

Definite potential for Motherwell to attack those areas and get a bit of joy if they are aggressive enough and good enough with their delivery.

Celtic, obviously, are heavy favourites, but there is good reason no one has ever managed a double treble and history is definitely in Motherwells favour as far as that goes.

Not enough "joys" in that post, imho.

15,000 is probably the correct amount for us and if anything it's slightly more than I expected. It appears though that our support in the South Stand will once again have Celtic supporters sitting above them in a large portion of the upper deck, something that should surely have been avoided given the way that scenario played out in the League Cup Final. If we actually manage to pull of the unthinkable and win this Cup then there will be an unprecedented shower of spit, coins and dummies from the mutants above. They're bad enough when they win but if they lose then their 'canny-take-it-ness' will drive them bonkers.

1 hour ago, MJC said:

15,000 is probably the correct amount for us and if anything it's slightly more than I expected. It appears though that our support in the South Stand will once again have Celtic supporters sitting above them in a large portion of the upper deck, something that should surely have been avoided given the way that scenario played out in the League Cup Final. If we actually manage to pull of the unthinkable and win this Cup then there will be an unprecedented shower of spit, coins and dummies from the mutants above. They're bad enough when they win but if they lose then their 'canny-take-it-ness' will drive them bonkers.

The section you’re talking about is actually debenture seating rather than Celtic’s actual allocation.

It’s a fair assumption that it’ll be overwhelmingly occupied by Celtic fans though.

When we played Aberdeen in the final last year as I was in the top tier debenture seats which overhung the Aberdeen supporters and they had left about 4 rows empty at the front.

Got my tickets today, although hoping a wee hospitality offer will crop up again.

Just read the below on Steelmen - and despite the *very slightly* mawkish stuff about his lost team mates and the fact that we're meant to be cynical about this kind of thing - seeing a genuine 'Well legend being up for the cup doesn't half get the anticipation going. Can't fucking wait.

Dbu2GW9WAAAZsnj.jpg:large (728Ã1024)

A nice touch from Ally.  Hopefully his journey is worth it.

I was at one of those Cup winning commemorative nights a couple of years back.  His half Scottish/half Amercian accent is an absolute fucking disgrace, FYI.  Good guy though, and he's played a blinder with his wife! 

Edit - The last time a team were going for a Double-Treble, Ally Maxwell was playing in goals that day!

Fantastic to read that from Ally Maxwell. Lovely, poignant words and a genuine excitement for the up and coming Cup Final.

Ally and all of that wonderful team of 1991, with the exception of Tom Boyd who is an utter cock, are Motherwell FC legends and that will never change and it's great to hear one of the true heroes of that day speak out like this.

Hopefully though, the time has come for a new group of Cup winning Motherwell legends to take over the mantle of the 91 heroes.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:45, MJC said:

Had the fuckers above us in 2012 and I don't recall much trouble in terms of the stuff from the tier above after we pumped them.

It's gonna be tough ask to beat them but if we do ,could we please do it with a last minute replica of their shitey  league cup  final non - penalty . Watching St Brendan contesting that would be glorious.  Lose it's gonna be "ach well , no surprise there" . Win  and it'll be up there with the play offs for a giant GIRFUY to one of the arsecheeks of Scotland

Mark Scott Brown and press high.

We actually got it right in the 0-0 match although the sending off of course changed the course of the match.  Before then we were the better team.

We need to stop Celtic getting ball from the kick off.  At Fir Park in the last game we were right in their faces from the start.  In fact I'd almost say we will know if we are going to win or lose in the first 5 minutes of the game.  If Celtic stroke the ball around in the early stages and get settled and confident our chances are low.

In the League Cup Final although we defended pluckily we gave up far too much ground from the start of the match.  The result was no disgrace but we were never going to win playing like that as it was only a matter of time before Celtic scored.

Hoping it will be the Karma Cup Final.

Archived