Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

No bullshit, no excuses or hard luck stories - just go and win it.

This x100.

We've had years of hard luck stories and excuses, they win you nothing. Our last Scottish Cup Final we didn't stand a chance thanks to that clown McCall's tinkering with the side and all his mumbling about how great Celtic were bla, bla, bla. We got pumped 3-0 going on six and at the end Lasley & Gunning were waving at their pals in the stand, smiling and laughing as they collected their losers medals. I want to see none of that nonsense this time and I dont believe for a second that SR will allow it.

A Cup Final is a must win game so we go out and we win it. 

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four weeks of Ryan Bowman being a bigger danger than Assad incoming.
The warning is there from today,you need to be at it from the first whistle or the games gone before you know it.

It's a bit of a shame that we "can't" get the east end of Hampden as it's been good in both Semi finals and it would be nice to keep that going - but that would be the epitome of an argument not worth our time bothering about.

It's a bit of a shame that we "can't" get the east end of Hampden as it's been good in both Semi finals and it would be nice to keep that going - but that would be the epitome of an argument not worth our time bothering about.

All the same, it would be great to see Motherwell putting in a high profile request to have the East Stand, just to see what they come up with!

If it was, say, Killie they could at least put up a geographical argument.

In this case there will be a high 90s% Celtic supporters and probably 100% more Celtic buses approaching from the west than Motherwell.

Also, you have all the Motherwell fans getting the train and changing at Newton, to head straight towards the east of the stadium.

Logic dictates this is a no brainer.

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's impossible to tell how well Motherwell played on Saturday because Aberdeen literally gave them 3 goals.

I hope Motherwell win the final, but it's difficult if not impossible to believe that Celtic will be quite as generous.

If the Motherwell team that have stood out in one-off cup games turn up, they've got a chance. If it's the Motherwell side that have been a bit meh in the league, then they'll do well to avoid a skelping.

If it's the Motherwell side that have been a bit meh in the league, then they'll do well to avoid a skelping.

I'll take our record against Celtic so far this season over Aberdeens any day.

Guest Bob Mahelp
9 minutes ago, mjw said:

I'll take our record against Celtic so far this season over Aberdeens any day.

Good for you. So would I.

Last I saw though Motherwell were in the bottom 6, so despite the understandable euphoria from Saturday, I'm presuming it's not all wine and roses.

Dragging up past history as a guide to future games can be a bit iffy as well. Aberdeen won comfortably against Motherwell at Fir Park a few weeks ago, but that meant nothing when we decided to kick the ball into our own net 3 times on Saturday.

Good for you. So would I.
Last I saw though Motherwell were in the bottom 6, so despite the understandable euphoria from Saturday, I'm presuming it's not all wine and roses.
Dragging up past history as a guide to future games can be a bit iffy as well. Aberdeen won comfortably against Motherwell at Fir Park a few weeks ago, but that meant nothing when we decided to kick the ball into our own net 3 times on Saturday.

I'll drag up some more history
IMG_0145.jpg

How well would we need to play to beat you fair and square?

Guest Bob Mahelp
22 minutes ago, mjw said:

I'll drag up some more history
IMG_0145.jpg

How well would we need to play to beat you fair and square?

What are you talking about ?

Since Saturday....like most Dons fans....I've congratulated Motherwell on their well deserved win and wished you luck in the final.

But a wee bit of perspective is needed, and if you're desperate for some sort of gushing appreciation of a footballing masterclass from your side then maybe a football forum where fans of different clubs write opinions, isn't the place for sensitive soul like yourself.

TBH I've never got these "you were shite but we were shiter" type of post match arguments. If a team through their own defensive inadequacies gifts a 2 goal lead, of course it effects the course of the game. After 20 odd minutes on Saturday, 'Well had no reason to put in a vintage attacking performance - we were already in a strong winning position and it was up to Aberdeen to do something about it and it was a "simple" case of winning the individual battles. 

In both semi finals - it was a competent team versus a shambles - neither Motherwell or Celtic needed to be "great" to win emphatically and the final will be totally different as (from a 'Well point of view), we won't be getting any presents this time.

I can see Motherwell causing the Celtic defence problems. Every combination at centre half for Celtic is susceptible to being bullied. If Motherwell get their approach right there then they will force errors. It then all depends on how they handle things at the other end of the park.

What are you talking about ?
Since Saturday....like most Dons fans....I've congratulated Motherwell on their well deserved win and wished you luck in the final.
But a wee bit of perspective is needed, and if you're desperate for some sort of gushing appreciation of a footballing masterclass from your side then maybe a football forum where fans of different clubs write opinions, isn't the place for sensitive soul like yourself.

Absolutely no one is looking for anything from you.
I'll not be taking any advice on how to act on a site from someone who was probably here before under a different guise either.

Can we just move on or use the semi thread for talking about the Aberdeen game.

If we can keep 11 men on the park then it can be a cracking game. We proved in the league cup final we can live with them on the bigger Hampden pitch and you can bet Robinson will have them fired up for it.

Just need a semi competent ref.... do we have any of them?

Archived