Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good Celtic performance mixed with Motherwell failing to show up.  The last 10/15 minutes when they hit the bar and created one or two half chances, I was worried about how we'd handle it were they to score but apart from that it was one way traffic.  Yer man Campbell seems a rather angry man.  Dembele was fantastic, Ntcham is quickly becoming my favourite player in the team and McGregor under Rodgers just seems to go from strength to strength.  A great day all round.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Some matter more than others but some of the best feelings of my life if not the best so far have been watching Celtic.

That is fucking tragic gannon.

Or he could watch rugby. Or American football. Basketball. Baseball. Australian rules football. They all have salary caps and yet manage to be hugely popular.
Or he could watch football, seeing as salary caps are already in use in some leagues. 
Scottish football is the most unequal sporting league in the world. Maybe we should try and learn from sports which actually are able to sell their TV rights for more than a few buttons. 

Excellent post.

I've perked up a bit reading Stand Frees meltdown and OPs strange way of celebrating a double treble.

No disgrace in being second best to that team,they could win everything for a few seasons to come.

It just all feels like they are really trying to convince everyone about how meaningful they think this should be. The utter indifference from everyone else must really be getting to them.

This post takes away from the double treble tbh.

Feels like we lost now.

1 hour ago, tamba_trio said:

Or he could watch rugby. Or American football. Basketball. Baseball. Australian rules football. They all have salary caps and yet manage to be hugely popular.

Or he could watch football, seeing as salary caps are already in use in some leagues. 

Scottish football is the most unequal sporting league in the world. Maybe we should try and learn from sports which actually are able to sell their TV rights for more than a few buttons. 

Peter Lawwell negotiated the TV deal, your criticism obviously has motives which are not related to football.

42 minutes ago, tamba_trio said:

Fair enough point, my initial one was probably overly aggro. 

I can't argue with your point either regarding tv rights; this country's top leagues are being let down by those in charge of selling it to the various broadcasters and media outlets. However, the global free market being as it is, would it not be hypocritical to ask for more money from these free market entities (broadcasting companies) and then tell employees (players) of the teams earning said money that they can only earn up to a certain amount?                       

The sports you mentioned have huge governing bodies (NBA, NFL, AFL etc) which essentially operate as massive corporate entities themselves, so salary caps in these sports just help to line the pockets of those running the game as opposed to those who play it.

In my opinion salary caps are a pertinent tool in the public sector or for tax payer funded entities in order to control expenditure, however salary caps in the private sector would just divert the money saved into the hands of opportunists and no doubt drive down the quality of football on show. 

We should do away with the idea of Capitalist driven free market footie-nomics and replace that with a program of publicly funded top flight professional football but obviously the notion of nationalised football will have a lot of people boaking into their bovril; but for me that is the only way a salary cap would work  in this country. 

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

We’ve won the double treble.

Congratulations, i think it's been a bit overshadowed mind you but still....

1 minute ago, Greenlantern said:

Hi ya Bennett, hi ya pal.

Hiya mate, watching a cracking episode of come dine with me right now.

IMG_1420.jpg

Celtic having an 'open top bus parade' from a couple of hundred meters along the road to Parkhead so they can make it look like a real one in the media. :lol:

It's like those rip off sandwiches that look as if you're buying a cheese and tomato one but then you lift up the top slice and there's only a slither of tomato at the front to con you into thinking you've bought the real thing. 

IMG_1420.thumb.jpg.4d085d0eabcd54a929dd3dda8335764b.jpg
Celtic having an 'open top bus parade' from a couple of hundred meters along the road to Parkhead so they can make it look like a real one in the media. :lol:
It's like those rip off sandwiches that look as if you're buying a cheese and tomato one but then you lift up the top slice and there's only a slither of tomato at the front to con you into thinking you've bought the real thing. 

A cheese and tomato sandwich, wow. That’s a really shit analogy tbh, must do better.

Just now, Drew Brees said:

A cheese and tomato sandwich, wow. That’s a really shit analogy tbh, must do better.

6 minutes. Took much longer for the blatantly obvious response to come along while totally avoiding the real issue. 

IMG_1420.thumb.jpg.4d085d0eabcd54a929dd3dda8335764b.jpg

giphy.gif

6 minutes. Took much longer for the blatantly obvious response to come along while totally avoiding the real issue. 

Did it not occur to you at any point while typing that analogy out how shit it was?

Archived