Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

49 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yeah, for all they come in for a slagging, some of these supposed gloryhunters from far flung parts of the country put in some effort.

Very true I take my hats off to those who still do it as I would have given up being a regular if I still stayed there. Even more bizzare is having the many Aberdeen fans who would call me a glory hunter but would know more about the Man U team than the Aberdeen one.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any neutrals supporting Celtic?  Obviously Hibs to get into Europe and i suspect Accies will want them to win.
Reminds me when we faced Ross County in final, everyone wanted County to win lol

Motherwell would take our place in the 2nd round of Europe if they win so technically I should want a Celtic win.

f**k that though, up the well.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I used to live up in Aberdeen and got that bus to every home game and some away games. Managed it for two years but f*ck me it was a slog, theres also one that leaves from Banff area too iirc.

Ah yes, The Shower of c***s CSC

Tell you what lads, our game takes a lot of stick (often from ourselves) but the Scottish Cup final is one of a few fixtures in football that I get genuinely excited to watch as a neutral*. If Scottish football ever went the same way as down south with middle ranking teams phoning it in for the cups, I'd sack the whole lot in.  This could be one of the best days in every Motherwell fan's life and even as someone who wants them to lose, that gets me a bit giddy.

*As it happens, I'm not really a neutral for this and I'm not feeling too confident here tbh. If I was choosing anyone in Scotland who could beat Celtic today, Motherwell would be up there. The blueprint is there on how to beat Celtic and Motherwell seem pretty well equipped to follow that out. 

C'mon Motherwell.

Just to stop broadcasters showing the Cup final in '91 every time Motherwell are anywhere near a cup final.

Also because Celtic are scum and it would be hilarious to see Brendan "I don't talk about other clubs" Rodgers fizzing.

1 hour ago, steve55 said:

Disgusting.  Even more of them coming down fae Dundee.

Then they will moaning about other clubs attendances.

Had one the other day on Facebook saying Livi’s support was “embarrassing” and that he’d seen more in a hot tub, also saying they don’t deserve to be in the Premiership be cause of that fact..

Born in Dundee, Celtic “fan” who’s no where near the cup final the day.. think there’s only one embarrassing thing here and it’s him not supporting his local club while slating those who do.

Fud.

ps mon the well the day, good luck

I think this gets asked every year now, but does the BBC still show highlights from all the rounds? Was always the purpose of watching the buildup and seeing your team regardless of how s***e they were. 

Eta: Just want to see Brechin beat Buckie, our only win of this long, long season. 

Archived