Motherwell vs Celtic V - Scottish Cup Final

MP_MFC

33 minutes ago, MJC said:

It was something that annoyed the hell out of me for years about our club. So many managers and players openly talked the club down and gave it the "we're punching way above our weight" guff and naturally large sections of the support bought into it. This current group are the exact opposite and as I said earlier, their confidence and complete disregard of how good Celtic are and what it means to them are infectious. I've not seen a feelgood factor quite like this around the club for as long as I can remember. There is no arrogance from us, just a confidence in our own abilities and that is absolutely magic.

There was a similar feeling around the play-offs to be fair.

For all his faults, Baraclough in his pre-match media was just saying we'd enjoy it and play our game.

Can you imagine the patter going into that game under, for example McCall/McGhee.

Beaten before a ball's kicked.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robinson, like Baraclough, was an 'outsider' and perhaps that helps. There's no connection with either of the Old Firm or pals within the Scottish media and therefore no desire to keep on the good side of either one of them.

Just now, MJC said:

Robinson, like Baraclough, was an 'outsider' and perhaps that helps. There's no connection with either of the Old Firm or pals within the Scottish media and therefore no desire to keep on the good side of either one of them.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.

None of this deference shite in their heads.

Respect, but don't fear.

Robinson’s signings should be emulated by McCann.

I expect ‘well to push into the top six next season.

Now, win that f**king cup!

Thank you.

9 hours ago, MJC said:

The approach and soundbites coming out of Fir Park from both manager and the playing squad are so refreshing and a million miles away from McCall and his whimpering away our chances a week before our last SCF. We are clear 2nd favourites here, but there is a belief and confidence coming from Stephen Robinson and his players and it is positively infectious.

All we can do here is go out there and give everything we've got, play to our strengths and hope that on the day we are good enough to take advantage of any fortune that comes our way and exploit any weaknesses that Celtic may have in the day. We can't worry about Celtic here. We know they are a smashing side but our focus needs to be on ourselves.

COYW

Yes, you wouldn't want anyone playing down our chances before a game

Really starting to look forward to this game tomorrow.  I began as thinking it was a done deal for Celtic, but as the weeks have rolled on their performances have been fairly unconvincing - it's looking more and more like a potential banana skin for them...and Curtis Main seems exactly the kind of awkward forward that could just upset them...

COTW!!

Robinson has been great for the mighty well this season any player that lacks quality makes up in energy and wiliness to win,Main will be a handful for celtic's defence also thought Grimshaw  was great in the semi-final,Kipre and Bowman provide the steel for the steelmen with Cadden and Tait have got that wee bit extra quality with a full week to prepare for this game it's not like the 3 games in a week the two teams had to play at the end of November with Celtic ending the week 5-1, so i expect a very tough 90 minutes for Celtic.Hope the ref has a quiet game and allows the game to flow,for me it could be a high scoring game looking for a 4-2 to Celtic with both teams up for it. 

4 hours ago, mjw said:

A Minutes applause on 7 minutes and 19 minutes for a Celtic fan with a terminal illness and a young Motherwell fan who died recently.

Hopefully followed by mayhem on the 8th and 20th minutes as Motherwell welly in a couple of bangers.

3 minutes ago, Zapp Brannigan said:

Anyone know any Motherwell friendly pubs in Glasgow? I'm an Aberdeen fan but want to cheer on the good guys tomorrow :thumsup2

I’d suggest a *** pub but they’ll all be showing the Royal wedding.

Anyone know any Motherwell friendly pubs in Glasgow? I'm an Aberdeen fan but want to cheer on the good guys tomorrow :thumsup2

The Shed are hosting a pre match party for Motherwell. While that’s all ticket I imagine the pubs around the Shawlands cross area will have a fairly healthy ‘Well contingent.

That’s where I’m heading anyway.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Feels shite having to back Celtic tomorrow for Hibs' own interests, but I'll get over missing out on Europe pretty quickly if Motherwell win.

Europe means that you miss that League Cup group match with Cowdenbeath, be careful what you wish for

Archived