Alloa vs Ayr

Absolutely massive game here. Two games to go to win this league and it could all hinge on this one.

Raith travel to Stranraer on the Saturday so we’ll know exactly what we need to do going into this one.

As it stands Shankland is suspended but we’re appealing it so who knows how that’ll go. Injuries are also starting to pile up again and we could really do with getting Geggan back into the team otherwise we’ll be working with a patched up defence.

I’m going to be very optimistic and say 2-1 to Ayr.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On paper Alloa have an excellent side, though I’ve not seen them this season. How have you been playing recently?

Hart

Geggan (please!)

Rose

Bell

Ferguson

Crawford

Kerr

Adams

McDaid

Moffat

Shankland (Again, please!)

Without Geggan and Reid, it’ll be the same back four that finished the game yesterday - an entire back four out of position. Crawford into the middle and Forrest coming in. And without Shankland obviously Moore up front.

If Reid is fit I would probably play him left back.

We need to fight every inch of the way to win this title.

Nobody is going to hand it to us on a plate.

We literally need every single player on the park giving absolutely everything they have, leave everything on the pitch. 

Don't know about all you folks but I was in shock for the last hour of that game yesterday after Shanks was sent off, just seemed surreal.

This title can be ours but we need to go out and WIN it.

McDaid and Moffat need to start. Wasn't impressed with Forrest yesterday at all.

We also need a big game for Robbie, he has been treading water a bit since coming back.

Adams was everywhere yesterday and is definitely up for the fight and the cause.

Moore put in a huge shift again, he has some engine and could be the key to winning this thing.

Fully expect to be sitting in 2nd place come next Sunday so we just need to go and get it done. Fight for every ball. Fight for every throw in, fight for every decision.

It's all about winning.

On paper Alloa have an excellent side, though I’ve not seen them this season. How have you been playing recently?

Hart

Geggan (please!)
Rose
Bell
Ferguson

Crawford
Kerr
Adams
McDaid

Moffat

Without Geggan and Reid, it’ll be the same back four that finished the game yesterday - an entire back four out of position. Crawford into the middle and Forrest coming in. And without Shankland obviously Moore up front.

Reid is effectively out for season by what he was saying last night, done the ligament on his right knee and was out for three weeks at the start of the season for the same injury.

Reid is effectively out for season by what he was saying last night, done the ligament on his right knee and was out for three weeks at the start of the season for the same injury.

Ah well, pretty important we get Geggan back fit. His injury issues are a major worry given he is signed up for next season.

23 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Hart

Geggan (please!)

Rose

Bell

Ferguson

Crawford

Kerr

Adams

McDaid

Moffat

Some weeks good, some weeks terrible.  We have McCart suspended so it will be likely be Taggart moving in one from right back and midfielder Robertson to right back.  We have no real width in the team and play centre forwards in the wide positions to accommodate them.  If Goodwin decides to go for it we will win but in most of the games we have played Aur and Raith he has been happy to try and see out a draw and lost very late goals.

Does Jamie Adams not sit out games played on astroturf? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

He normally does but played at Airdrie, I suspect because we’re shit out of defensive players that he’ll take one for the team again on Sunday.

Some weeks good, some weeks terrible.  We have McCart suspended so it will be likely be Taggart moving in one from right back and midfielder Robertson to right back.  We have no real width in the team and play centre forwards in the wide positions to accommodate them.  If Goodwin decides to go for it we will win but in most of the games we have played Aur and Raith he has been happy to try and see out a draw and lost very late goals.

Meggatt not available?

Not wanting to appear negative but I can’t see us winning this game. We are down to the bear bones with Boyle, Higgins, Docherty, Reid all out for Sunday. Shankland could be suspended and Geggan is 50/50, if Geggan doesn’t make it then we really are fucked as we’ll have one fit fullback who wouldn’t even start if everyone was fit.  The only thing that might work in our favour is the fact Alloa are guaranteed a playoff spot so might rest some players. I’d take a draw right now as that would ensure we are going into the final week of the season top of the league regardless of Raith’s result. 

Said similar on their match thread but can’t see Stranraer taking anything from Raith. Their season is effectively over and they’ll lie down as they can’t afford to lose the black and white £.  

Hope I’m wrong on both points and we’re going into Sunday knowing a draw/win would win us the league. 

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

they’ll lie down as they can’t afford to lose the black and white £. 

What's worrying is the tone of the rest of your post suggests this comment is actually serious :blink:

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

What's worrying is the tone of the rest of your post suggests this comment is actually serious :blink:

It's a known fact that we bank roll their club. The whole town of Stranraer roll the red carpet out when the big team comes into town.

No sure how much I fancy this one.  Not a huge amount of choice available in players.  

I think we will be forced into a 3-5-2 and one where we are probably a bigger danger to ourselves :lol:

LINEUP111523905548173.png

No sure how much I fancy this one.  Not a huge amount of choice available in players.  
I think we will be forced into a 3-5-2 and one where we are probably a bigger danger to ourselves :lol:
LINEUP111523905548173.thumb.png.1fa95249b6942de214ab9c54bebab278.png

Absolute baws oot there

Most likely be those players but with Adams at centre half and Ferguson and Rose full backs.

Really relying on Geggan being available here.

On the assumption Shanklands out as well as Geggan, 352 might be our best shout with Ferguson and McDaid wing backs....

Hart

Rose Bell Adams

McDaid                            Ferguson

Kerr Crawford

Forrest

Moffat Moore

Archived