Alloa vs Ayr

I really enjoyed yesterday's game. I thought Alloa were excellent while Ayr seemed to struggle under the pressure of knowing a win would have put one hand on the trophy. 

It was a good goal by Flannigan and then you wondered if Alloa would rue the missed chances they had but then the mistake happened from Geggan and, as has been said above, it was a great run forward and composed finish from Crane. 

Ayr started the second-half really well and Moore done well to round Parry to score. It was one-way traffic for the majority of the match after this and it looked as if the visitors would get their reprieve with the penalty... As has been said, a terrible miss by Moore in the end. 

A big win by Alloa but, the title isn't Raith's yet. I personally can't see past Ayr against Albion next Saturday, especially with it being at Somerset Park. 

I wouldn't like to try guess the outcome of the tie at Stark's Park though. If Alloa get a result, it wouldn't be a surprise to anyone. After a couple of seasons where the title has been decided before the final day, it is great to get some drama in League One this weekend. 

For anyone interested, you can read my full match thoughts on my website, here.

Good Luck to Ayr as they go for the title on Saturday and All the Best to Alloa in the upcoming playoffs. I wish both teams well for the rest of the season! :thumsup2 

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Ayr seemed to struggle under the pressure of knowing a win would have put one hand on the trophy. 

Be sure to turn your keen journalistic eye to other thorny issues such as whether bears shit in the woods and the exact religious confession of the Pope. 

That's been their MO for 108 years of unsurpassed, sheer failure.

Be sure to turn your keen journalistic eye to other thorny issues such as whether bears shit in the woods and the exact religious confession of the Pope. 
Yer arse.

We don't get close enough to silverware on a regular basis to be considered serious bottle merchants.

Yer arse.

We don't get close enough to silverware on a regular basis to be considered serious bottle merchants.
Are you taking that from a so called supporter of a team who have done the square root of f**k all in their pitiful existence and are accepted bottle merchants?

39 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Are you taking that from a so called supporter of a team who have done the square root of f**k all in their pitiful existence and are accepted bottle merchants?

Not sure than even Ayr fans will be grateful for the white knighting efforts of a middle aged homphobe like yourself who lives in his Saint Mirren/West Ham pyjamas like, tbqph. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

I really fucking hate you. 

But you're absolutely correct here. Glorius failure once again. 

I really fucking hate you. 
But you're absolutely correct here. Glorius failure once again. 
virginton is indeed the biggest c**t on the forum. And I use that term advisedly.

There are plenty of bigger fannies, and he's not one of the numerous numpties. He's just a c**t, and if you trawl the depths of this fine forum you'll find no bigger.

• 6 months later...

Archived