Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Surely that depends on whether Alloa prefer to play Raith or Dumbarton in the playoffs. 
If Arbroath slip up at Queens, Alloa can finish third. However, should Arbroath score a couple of early goals at Hampden, there's nothing Alloa can do, given our huge advantage in goal difference. 
Ayr should be hoping for  QP to pull off an upset
In a way a QP win might help us because then Albion Rovers will need a result at Ayr.

Ultimately though it's down to whether we can beat Alloa. Whatever their motivation is it won't be any more than ours that's for sure.

3 hours ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Make no mistake, first half Ayr completely shat the bed. No pass marks to anyone in a white shirt & special mention to Fergusson & Crawford on the left who reached exceptional levels of ineptitude by providing no cover whatsoever down that flank.

Far better of course in the second half, we couldn’t have asked for a better start. Chin up Moorey, you had the baws to grab the ball & step up.

As I left the ground, I thought I’d feel absolutely despondent, but I genuinely don’t. I’ve seen Raith twice this season & Alloa once. What Alloa produced today has been far more impressive than anything I’ve seen Raith offer. If that same Alloa side turns up next week at Starks & apply themselves the way they did today, it’ll be far from easy for the home side. Anyone of a Raith persuasion celebrating their title win tonight might want to rein it in just a tad.

We need to go out in the first half next week and rattle in 2 or 3 and send that up the road. If it’s 0-0 there, they’ll know that we’re guaranteed the 3 points and their job will be made a touch harder. If they do beat Alloa, fair play to them. At least we’ll get a chance to see Shankland another 4 times.

Think you will find the league is decided over a season not on the 2 occasions you have watched the Rovers and the once Alloa, your also expecting to rattle 2/3 in the first half against Albion Rovers that easy eh? No Rovers fan is celebrating the title because we resigned to losing it weeks ago after the Forfar defeat so for us Saturday is a bonus.  I think Ayr were very poor first half and fractionally better second half so personally I don’t think Alloa are world beaters however they will be a dangerous side but so are we undefeated at home for approx year and a half with 15 victories at home this season

What is this about a drop ball incident with Bell during the game, was there but somehow seemed to miss it.

If it was after the penalty i would have still been in trauma from seeing that ball just about fly out the ground.

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

What is this about a drop ball incident with Bell during the game, was there but somehow seemed to miss it.

If it was after the penalty i would have still been in trauma from seeing that ball just about fly out the ground.

When the flare came on to the pitch, the ref had to stop the game. Alloa didn't contest the drop-ball restart. I assume Ayr said they would give back possession. Ayr then played the ball out of defence. Totally unsporting IMO.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

When the flare came on to the pitch, the ref had to stop the game. Alloa didn't contest the drop-ball restart. I assume Ayr said they would give back possession. Ayr then played the ball out of defence. Totally unsporting IMO.

Lol scenes if we had gone up the park and equalised.

Just now, rb123! said:

Lol scenes if we had gone up the park and equalised.

Hilariously you didn't though and some Alloa player starting ripping the pish out of Bell as soon as the final whistle went. 

53 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Think you will find the league is decided over a season not on the 2 occasions you have watched the Rovers and the once Alloa, your also expecting to rattle 2/3 in the first half against Albion Rovers that easy eh? No Rovers fan is celebrating the title because we resigned to losing it weeks ago after the Forfar defeat so for us Saturday is a bonus.  I think Ayr were very poor first half and fractionally better second half so personally I don’t think Alloa are world beaters however they will be a dangerous side but so are we undefeated at home for approx year and a half with 15 victories at home this season

I think I remember us going through the season undefeated at home while finishing 2nd, can't remember who we drew with in our last home game.

I remember the league winners beating the 2nd bottom side to win the league that year as well.

Archived