Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hooligans chucking failed celebratory smoke bombs onto the pitch in a huff after leaving early, Steven Bell being a deceptive wee dick and telling the Alloa players he would give the ball back in the 90th minute then starting an attack instead, diving to win a penalty then proceeding the miss the penalty in hilarious fashion in front of their own fans before being led out in tears. Finishing with a sad, guilty slow mo of Lawrence Shankland sitting in the stand dejected at full time.

BBC Alba - you’re alright.

Dont forget their supporters fighting amongst themselves behind the goal when 2 down in the game...

I'm torn here, obviously Raith making an absolute c**t of it would be utterly hilarious but I'm really struggling not to enjoy Ayrs complete bottle job for a number of reasons.

1. Shankland costing them the title would be genuinely magnificent.

2. Ayr fans, for the most part, are utter, utter cretins. Just behind Clyde and Old Firm fans IMO. 

3. McCall is a fucking bawbag. 

4. They'll find a way to bottle the play offs while Raith probably would've stumbled through. 

1504376545341.thumb.jpg.ee6417b841e7f73426021dd52b609d98.jpg

Scottish football's first - and least successful franchise outfit manages to royally f**k it up yet again.

1495226077907.jpg.1beb17a27dd5112c171e08b5fdb12076.jpg

With their only direct opposition to lift the title being Raith Rovers

image.jpeg.9d8c3ac0f087d2678d15bb4a730e9965.jpeg

And having been five points clear with just three games to go.

Jurgen-Klopp-New.jpg.85ea89902339f5d863ad7459899c16d6.jpg

21 years without a league title for little Ayr.

1504041532629.jpg.cced019d26418970bfe39ceba67c6b70.jpg

Eleven of which have been spent in the seaside leagues. 

1500668761408.jpg.fa29b8630c5c467c8267494896c4e67b.jpg

Truly the gift that just keeps on giving.

Fantastic result today, thank you Alloa. Won’t open the champagne yet as we’re more than capable of bottling it next week. I’ve lost count of the amount of times both Ayr and ourselves have bottled it this season.

Glad it’s in our hands and at the San Starko.

Possibly the most Ayr United end to a season possible. 
Still a game to go and Alloa ultimately hold the balance of power.
They've scalped us and all we can hope is they do the same to Raith next  week.

Felt a bit for Hart today as there was nothing he could really do about either of those goals, very unlucky. 
Our defending was a totally shambles and he was sold down the river a few times, we probably got away with it a bit only conceding two.
We've got goals in the team and in the second half what is left of our squad gave its all, but unfortunately just didn't have enough in the tank. 

21 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Fantastic result today, thank you Alloa. Won’t open the champagne yet as we’re more than capable of bottling it next week. I’ve lost count of the amount of times both Ayr and ourselves have bottled it this season.

Glad it’s in our hands and at the San Starko.

I'll help you out, it's 3-2 to us at the moment, I think we shade the boastful shite table as well.

Make no mistake, first half Ayr completely shat the bed. No pass marks to anyone in a white shirt & special mention to Fergusson & Crawford on the left who reached exceptional levels of ineptitude by providing no cover whatsoever down that flank.

Far better of course in the second half, we couldn’t have asked for a better start. Chin up Moorey, you had the baws to grab the ball & step up.

As I left the ground, I thought I’d feel absolutely despondent, but I genuinely don’t. I’ve seen Raith twice this season & Alloa once. What Alloa produced today has been far more impressive than anything I’ve seen Raith offer. If that same Alloa side turns up next week at Starks & apply themselves the way they did today, it’ll be far from easy for the home side. Anyone of a Raith persuasion celebrating their title win tonight might want to rein it in just a tad.

We need to go out in the first half next week and rattle in 2 or 3 and send that up the road. If it’s 0-0 there, they’ll know that we’re guaranteed the 3 points and their job will be made a touch harder. If they do beat Alloa, fair play to them. At least we’ll get a chance to see Shankland another 4 times.

7 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Make no mistake, first half Ayr completely shat the bed. No pass marks to anyone in a white shirt & special mention to Fergusson & Crawford on the left who reached exceptional levels of ineptitude by providing no cover whatsoever down that flank.

Far better of course in the second half, we couldn’t have asked for a better start. Chin up Moorey, you had the baws to grab the ball & step up.

As I left the ground, I thought I’d feel absolutely despondent, but I genuinely don’t. I’ve seen Raith twice this season & Alloa once. What Alloa produced today has been far more impressive than anything I’ve seen Raith offer. If that same Alloa side turns up next week at Starks & apply themselves the way they did today, it’ll be far from easy for the home side. Anyone of a Raith persuasion celebrating their title win tonight might want to rein it in just a tad.

We need to go out in the first half next week and rattle in 2 or 3 and send that up the road. If it’s 0-0 there, they’ll know that we’re guaranteed the 3 points and their job will be made a touch harder. If they do beat Alloa, fair play to them. At least we’ll get a chance to see Shankland another 4 times.

Nobody from our view is under any illusions of having  an easy game next week. Alloa were excellent today and I'd be amazed if Goodwin went in with anything less than a  fully professional approach.  Our fans are ecstatic tonight as even just three weeks ago at Arbroath we went 5 points behind and it looked totally over. 

Don’t think anyone with a Raith persuasion will be celebrating tonight. Given the position at 3pm last Saturday we couldn’t have thought we’d be going into the last game with it in our own hands. You lot were 1/10 with the bookies yesterday morning to win the league. Smiling tonight yes but certainly not celebrating. Come on Rovers. Let’s do it next week!!’

12 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

That's all we've needed to do in the last 2 games, this lot don't play with enough urgency to do what's required in the really big games.

They've pranced about all season with an occasional burst of urgency thrown in here and there and got away with it more often than not.

Just now, HeathrowAUFC said:

I think very few Rovers fans are celebrating the title. Ayr did that at Airdrie singing about going up. A lot can change very quickly in this league.

Absolute scenes on twitter with one fan claiming Ayr deserve better purely because they brought more fans. 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I think very few Rovers fans are celebrating the title. Ayr did that at Airdrie singing about going up. A lot can change very quickly in this league.

Absolute scenes on twitter with one fan claiming Ayr deserve better purely because they brought more fans. 

tbf, they've been singing that very regularly all season, even when trailing in recent matches

Archived