Alloa vs Ayr

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really shitting myself for this now, Fair play to Raith they went down to Stranraer and done what they had to do and now the pressure is all on us. 
I’ve said all week that I’ll take a draw as it’ll see us going into the final game still top and still in our hands however if we win we could have a very interesting scenario: We’d require a point to win the league while Albion Rovers require a point to avoid finishing 10th, 0-0 incoming. 

Plus Trouten was taken off injured today so he might be out for next week.

Need to focus on this though. If there was ever a game to show our title credentials it’s this one. A draw is good but a win would be brilliant.

It’s worth noting that the team we could see tomorrow won’t be that bad considering only Boyle and Shankland are the ones that would walk into it. It’s also worth noting that when we started the season with Moff and Moore up front we only lost 2 games vs Arbroath and Montrose before Shankland came in. I’d expect to see a different style of play similar to our early season style.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really shitting myself for this now, Fair play to Raith they went down to Stranraer and done what they had to do and now the pressure is all on us. 

I’ve said all week that I’ll take a draw as it’ll see us going into the final game still top and still in our hands however if we win we could have a very interesting scenario: We’d require a point to win the league while Albion Rovers require a point to avoid finishing 10th, 0-0 incoming. 

I wouldn’t take a draw unless we’re losing with 10 minutes to go. Geggan being fit.....or rather playing (not sure how fit he is) is massive for us. 

We absolutely have to go all out for the win here and I think we can get it. 

Hart

Geggan Bell Rose Ferguson

McDaid Adams Kerr Crawford

Moore Moffat

That team should be taking care of Alloa tomorrow. Believe.

Crawfordonly 60/40 I'm told and Geggan  50/50 being thrown in, both have never recovered from there injuries the last time we were up here but needs must, imperative we have a strong centre backs they are a big side so rose and bell please and keep the balance of the team on the left side previous posts are relevant

Idtake a draw now  tomorrow going in to the last game top on goal difference as we're running out of bodies Alloa won't be trying a leg against Raith  like Stranraer were today in the last game .So hopefully it's in our own hands on the last day regardless looking like Albion  only need a point to stay in league one think we'll burst there coupon with a victory.

We'll see what happens, if we don't win the league after being 5 ahead with 3 to play then we don't really deserve anything out of the season.

For all the talk of our mental strength, we bottled our biggest game of the season last week against a run of the mill Stranraer side.

Nothing but a win will do tomorrow.

A loss wil be a disaster, a draw will make for a very nervy last day, a win and we can play tippy tappy football between all 22 for 90 minutes next week.

I just can't fucking believe we're in this situation with two games to go, injuries have fucked us at the worst time possible aswell it seems with us only having really a bench of kids along with Forrest & McGuffie.

This is the perfect scenario though to show our credentials in what will be an incredibly tough game.

Going to be squeky bum time tomorrow and with many fans shitting it i just hope the players aren't coming 4:10pm tomorrow, i think we'll win but it won't be pretty.

Any idea how many are expected to go up?

I just hope the players aren't as nervous as I am...

Suddenly finding ourselves back in second place shows how tight things still are. As others have said, if we blow a 5 point lead with 3 games left then we only have ourselves to blame. Raith will win at home next week so we simply have to avoid defeat tomorrow.

With a big travelling support I think we can do it. I'll be watching from overseas but will still feel the nerves big time!

Come on Ayr, let's do this and set up a title party at home next week :thumsup2

Today is the day of reckoning for the best team in the league. I know we can get the neccesary result required. Let's get behind the team from before the KO until the final whistle.  Please none of the Somerset negativity. Cheer them on. Moff and Moorey to do the business.

Come on it's time to wipe the smile of the Raith supporters faces. 

Believe its going to be a great day for Ian McCall's barmy army.

4 minutes ago, Stan Quinn said:

Please none of the Somerset negativity. Cheer them on. Moff and Moorey to do the business.

They'll be none of that! Atmosphere at away games is night and day to Somerset. 

It'll be tense though from the very first minute with Raith winning yesterday. We need to be the 12th man and roar the team on. 

We can do this!

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

They'll be none of that! Atmosphere at away games is night and day to Somerset. 

It'll be tense though from the very first minute with Raith winning yesterday. We need to be the 12th man and roar the team on. 

We can do this!

You could take 10,000 to the recs and the atmosphere still disappears up the Ochils......

Looking forward to game tonight now Ayr can’t win the title on our patch. No offence meant. I have got to say they are best team in the league and hope they do win the title next week.

Alloa will rest a couple of key players who are all sitting on one booking away from suspension now we are firmly secured the playoffs.

1 minute ago, RRFC2711 said:

You could take 10,000 to the recs and the atmosphere still disappears up the Ochils......

I remember when I started going to away games Alloa had a decent wee terraces but along the side and a covered area. Much better than the wee porta tent.

Archived