Alloa vs Ayr

Poor Super Ayr, the Stranraer team out get them ,the ref and lineman out to rob them ,the SFA out to get them, and they always play fair.
What are you on about? I agreed with you on the other thread about Adams playacting.

But in this occasion I think we've been on the receiving end of a shitey decision - and it's a big one.

But f**k it, it's done. Now we just need to finish the job and get shankland the winners medal he deserves.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

What are you on about? I agreed with you on the other thread about Adams playacting.

But in this occasion I think we've been on the receiving end of a shitey decision - and it's a big one.

But f**k it, it's done. Now we just need to finish the job and get shankland the winners medal he deserves.

Think you are best team in division, don’t rate Raith it’s in your own hands. But genuinely think Shankland new what he was at ,my opinion.

Think you are best team in division, don’t rate Raith it’s in your own hands. But genuinely think Shankland new what he was at ,my opinion.
Shankland is a big physical b*****d, and plays that way. It's what Sutton and hartson were masters of, namely bullying defenders.

When he jumps he's trying to jump and be a nuisance to the centre half, hoping for either a knock on, or to create scraps. Sometimes he'll foul the defender, sometimes he'll get fouled, and sometimes the ref plays on.

I think there's a big difference between that and nailing someone with an elbow.

Institutional anti-Ayr bias at the highest levels of Scottish football is something most of us have become used to over the years. Never expected any other outcome today.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Shankland is a big physical b*****d, and plays that way. It's what Sutton and hartson were masters of, namely bullying defenders.

When he jumps he's trying to jump and be a nuisance to the centre half, hoping for either a knock on, or to create scraps. Sometimes he'll foul the defender, sometimes he'll get fouled, and sometimes the ref plays on.

I think there's a big difference between that and nailing someone with an elbow.

And sometimes he 'mistakingly' steps on opposition players. 

Red card all day long but it's fun seeing the excuses that Ayr supporters are coming out with for a player who has weakened his team and potentially hampered their chances of winning the league because he couldn't take a few robust challenges. 

What a hero. 

So now we know that Shankland is our and Geggan might be right can we hope for a team like this

Hart

Geggan
Bell
Rose
Ferguson

McDaid
Kerr
Adams
Crawford

Moffat
Moore

IMO that team should be beating Alloa but if Geggan is injured then we’ll have to reshuffle and that’ll cause some issues.

And sometimes he 'mistakingly' steps on opposition players. 
Red card all day long but it's fun seeing the excuses that Ayr supporters are coming out with for a player who has weakened his team and potentially hampered their chances of winning the league because he couldn't take a few robust challenges. 
What a hero. 

Check you still greeting about that about a month later. We could've had him sent off and still strolled it that day.

So now we know that Shankland is our and Geggan might be right can we hope for a team like this

Hart

Geggan
Bell
Rose
Ferguson

McDaid
Kerr
Adams
Crawford

Moffat
Moore

IMO that team should be beating Alloa but if Geggan is injured then we’ll have to reshuffle and that’ll cause some issues.

Had a look back at the start of the season out of interest, Moore scored in just about every game before getting injured.

I can’t recall him playing with Moffat at all since then (not counting it as part of a three) It is probably the case that both Moore and Shankland thrive far more next to Moffat and we’ve possibly not seen the best of either together.

Hoping so anyway.

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Had a look back at the start of the season out of interest, Moore scored in just about every game before getting injured.

I can’t recall him playing with Moffat at all since then (not counting it as part of a three) It is probably the case that both Moore and Shankland thrive far more next to Moffat and we’ve possibly not seen the best of either together.

Hoping so anyway.

Fondly remember when Shankland was merely an addition to an already excellent front line. 

We did debate the merits of using the funds to this end over strengthening the back line at the time. Given our defensive woes, that now seems ironic. 

No doubt Shankland has carried us on occasion and he's obviously the best front man we've had for maybe 20 years, but without him, it's time for others to do what they're capable of doing.

And if that's a draw at Alloa then so be it....

I usually agree with most things you say. But you are so far off here, for once you seem to well and truly have the black and white blinkers on.

Clear as day and I’m not sure what outcome anyone was expecting from this.

Moffat and Moore uptop still gives you a great chance in any game you play. Alloa will be comfy in the play off.

For all of Shanklands brilliance, we were dead and buried at Christmas in terms of winning the league.  Leaving Somerset after the Forfar debacle, I doubt you’d find any Ayr fans who felt differently.  The turning point was the signing of Bell.  He has demonstrated where we’d be right now if we’d defended competently in the first half of the season.  

Quite a few Raith fans clubbing together a collection which they'll donate to the Alloa players for a win bonus on Sunday. Buckets will be out at Stranrear on Saturday. Fans also pledging to buy season tickets at Alloa and possible player sponsors if they get a win.

Quite a few Raith fans clubbing together a collection which they'll donate to the Alloa players for a win bonus on Sunday. Buckets will be out at Stranrear on Saturday. Fans also pledging to buy season tickets at Alloa and possible player sponsors if they get a win.

Does your Dad know you’re on here Martin. Wouldn’t want to get into trouble again would you?

1 hour ago, SuperHans said:

Christ man realise (i hope anyway) its all in the name of a bit of banter, but its not as if Alloa winning or losing on Sunday is down to whether they actually try or not :lol:

Archived