Alloa vs Ayr

1 hour ago, jm86 said:

Shankland's Fast Track Tribunal Hearing is on Thursday. I take it the referee has no input into this. He's done enough damage to us already this season.  Lost us two points in the 3-3 draw with Alloa with his phantom handball against Adams.  At least had the grace to apologise for that.  And if this red card is overturned, his mistake will have cost us another 3 points as we would almost  certainly have won with 11 on the pitch. 

If you'd been asked to write a nightmare scenario for last Saturday you would probably have conjured up something like what actually happened.  Lose 1 of your only 2 fit full  backs to injury, ,get your best player sent off and suspended for the last two games, and just for good measure concede a penalty with 5 minutes to go.  A perfect storm which could well have blown our season away. 

Good news for Raith fans is that Stranraer were pretty crap on Saturday, even playing against 10.  They were all over us for the first few minutes but after scoring did very little thereafter. I would expect Raith to beat them despite their less than inspiring away record.  Stranraer have nothing to play for anyway in terms of league position. Just hope the young players will be trying to impress Farrell with a view to next season.

Means it's absolutely vital we secure at least a point on Sunday.  Lets also hope Albion Rovers win on Saturday and QP lose,  so Albion are more or less guaranteed 9th spot.  They'd then presumably not be busting a gut against us the following week with the playoffs coming up. So many ifs and buts. Not good for the brain.  I'm probably overthinking this. Got a feeling Raith are going to snatch it at the death like they did a few seasons ago. Galling when you think we've been the better team in 3 of the 4 head to heads. 

Just to be clear, regardless of the outcome tomorrow, the ref DIDN'T make a mistake.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

I'm urging Ayr to fight every instinct and refrain from bottling it from this position. If Hibs can shed that label then so can Ayr. 

I can't remember being in this position before.

If the red card is rescinded, there’s going to be a meltdown by guys on the Facebook page and twitter who will have a meltdown cause they’re adamant it’s a red card, all because Shankland looks over his shoulder. Telling folk who definetly meant it :lol: they ken fitba though.

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

If the red card is rescinded, there’s going to be a meltdown by guys on the Facebook page and twitter who will have a meltdown cause they’re adamant it’s a red card, all because Shankland looks over his shoulder. Telling folk who definetly meant it :lol: they ken fitba though.

I genuinely believe there are Ayr fans who actually don't want the decision to be rescinded just so they can say "I told you so". Almost as bad as that guy on the Somerset Road End boasting on Saturday night about how he had stuck money on Raith to win the league the previous week. Got nothing against him doing that, I've got Raith on my coupon every week with a hope of jinxing them but it was the fact he was boasting about almost as if he was glad. Weird behaviour.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I genuinely believe there are Ayr fans who actually don't want the decision to be rescinded just so they can say "I told you so". Almost as bad as that guy on the Somerset Road End boasting on Saturday night about how he had stuck money on Raith to win the league the previous week. Got nothing against him doing that, I've got Raith on my coupon every week with a hope of jinxing them but it was the fact he was boasting about almost as if he was glad. Weird behaviour.

Aye, Ayr fans are a strange bunch and it’s why I probably dislike 90% of our fan base :lol:

We need to get over all the hype of the sending off , we need to be showing support to the team that are going to play on Saturday , we should be thinking Shanks is not playing and should be trying to boost our confidence in what Moffat and Moore are capable of , we can win this league at this stage with the team we have available 

Yes you will if we finish up in the play offs, hope it's not but realistically there's a good chance of that happening now, Raithwill get a massive lift from that decision, week in week out I've thought what would we do if we hadn't shankland in the team we'll soon find out.

We've still got more than enough fire power to score goals on Sunday, not as if Shankland has been the only one scoring goals for us.

Still don't think it was enough for a red but expected this outcome from the SFA.

Archived