Alloa vs Ayr

If I was a betting man (of which I am ) I would be putting a wad of cash on BOTH Shankland and Geggan playing , after doing some digging tonight it’s my believe that if Ayr appeal it takes a week to organise hearing as the player needs to be written to to put forward his defence , 

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Absolute baws oot there

Most likely be those players but with Adams at centre half and Ferguson and Rose full backs.

Really relying on Geggan being available here.

Aye. Think you are spot on. Crawford and Kerr in middle with McDaid and Forrest wide.  Obviously if Geggan makes it (don't know why but got a feeling he won't) then Forrest drops out for me and Crawford plays left. 

Don’t think it’s the time to be changing formations tbh.

With three at the back and Adams at centre half you don’t have nearly enough in the middle of the park to cover out wide. Kerr has no pace whatsoever and would be caught out massively.

With Ferguson at centre half, that means Forrest will be wing back which would be a clusterfuck.

We don’t need to change formation. Same defence that ended Saturday, a midfield four with Forrest and McDaid wide of Kerr/Crawford and hopefully Moffat off Shankland.

If I was a betting man (of which I am ) I would be putting a wad of cash on BOTH Shankland and Geggan playing , after doing some digging tonight it’s my believe that if Ayr appeal it takes a week to organise hearing as the player needs to be written to to put forward his defence , 

Apparently our appeal had to issued today, any evidence issued tomorrow and then there will be a hearing later on this week where Shankland will make his case.

Hearings are on the Thursday, clubs were abusing the system and putting in frivolous appeals to keep players available for a game or two until the hearing took place. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Hearings are on the Thursday, clubs were abusing the system and putting in frivolous appeals to keep players available for a game or two until the hearing took place. 

Is that not what the plan is?

You can appeal up to 3 working days after completion of match is my understanding after looking at appeal process, if we appeal on Wednesday there would not be enough time to organise hearing meeting , just look back couple of months to the Scott Brown appeal so he could play against Rangers , that’s exactly what they did 

You can appeal up to 3 working days after completion of match is my understanding after looking at appeal process, if we appeal on Wednesday there would not be enough time to organise hearing meeting , just look back couple of months to the Scott Brown appeal so he could play against Rangers , that’s exactly what they did 
Yes, but the arse-cheeks operate under more favourable rules than the diddy clubs.

You better not just be teasing me...

Scott Brown hasn’t been sent off this season so what were they appealing?

I remember he was sent off last season vs Ross County and the appeal meant he could play but as itzdrk says they’ve cracked down on it to stop things like that happening.

Ayr need to appeal by 5pm TUESDAY, SFA have until Wednesday to respond to appeal with a date for the hearing , normally it’s the next available meeting , which is normally the following week

Ayr need to appeal by 5pm TUESDAY, SFA have until Wednesday to respond to appeal with a date for the hearing , normally it’s the next available meeting , which is normally the following week

The bit I found, which I listed somewhere yesterday said the appeal had to be in by 3PM today. No idea what is right though.

7 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Scott Brown hasn’t been sent off this season so what were they appealing?

I remember he was sent off last season vs Ross County and the appeal meant he could play but as itzdrk says they’ve cracked down on it to stop things like that happening.

My mistake , I thought that was this season 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

The bit I found, which I listed somewhere yesterday said the appeal had to be in by 3PM today. No idea what is right though.

It is confusing , they had to tell SFA that they were going to launch an appeal today , they have until tomorrow to give the reasons for the appeal and by COB Wednesday the SFA need to give a time date and venue for the hearing 

Reid has no chance and I think it’s probably an 85-15 chance against Geggan. He’s been struggling badly and been playing when not fit but think his season is finished.

For such crucial games I’m glad we have our first choice CB pairing but to have no first choice full backs (and Ferguson is 3rd choice behind Geggan/Boyle and Reid) is devastating. McCall needs to keep Rose at CB for me, do not move him out to the right. 

I think if we can get a draw at Alloa, it’ll be a great result. 

Reid has no chance and I think it’s probably an 85-15 chance against Geggan. He’s been struggling badly and been playing when not fit but think his season is finished.
For such crucial games I’m glad we have our first choice CB pairing but to have no first choice full backs (and Ferguson is 3rd choice behind Geggan/Boyle and Reid) is devastating. McCall needs to keep Rose at CB for me, do not move him out to the right. 
I think if we can get a draw at Alloa, it’ll be a great result. 

What other option do we have at right back though? McDaid?

If we can somehow have Shankland available it’ll give everyone a massive boost.

Thought Rose was decent at RB on Saturday. Though not ideal, wouldn't be too concerned if he was there for Alloa. Less fear of him being there than Ferguson at LB.

Yup Ferguson is pretty shocking defensively, and not much better going forward on the left.

Archived