Champions (Officially) v Bairns (Tue)

33 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I love it, its fucking shite. 

:lol:

I've said time and again I quite like Falkirk. I hope you do well next season, despite Paul Hartley being a fat c**t. I'd certainly rather see you come up and join us in the top flight for the 2019/20 season than either of the Highland teams or the Arabs.

And the guard of honour, while ultimately meaningless, was a classy touch. Decent bunch, imo.

Edit: to clarify, Hartley is both fat, and a c**t. They're separate ideas. His obesity is nothing to do with his cuntishness. If he lost weight, he'd still be a c**t.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

I've said time and again I quite like Falkirk. I hope you do well next season, despite Paul Hartley being a fat c**t. I'd certainly rather see you come up and join us in the top flight for the 2019/20 season than either of the Highland teams or the Arabs.

And the guard of honour, while ultimately meaningless, was a classy touch. Decent bunch, imo.

Edit: to clarify, Hartley is both fat, and a c**t. They're separate ideas. His obesity is nothing to do with his cuntishness. If he lost weight, he'd still be a c**t.

I like Falkirk too. I used to work in Falkirk and the club were one of our clients. Great bunch behind the scenes. Their marketing people set up a one-on-one interview for me with Yogi when he was manager, for the ‘Final Chapter’ farewell to Love Street book I was working on. It was prior to a Falkirk v Saints game, and Yogi was brilliant. As you can tell if you read his page in the book - a real old school fitba’ bloke.

At another point I had two relations visiting me from Australia who loved Scottish football and did the Hampden tour etc. Alex Totten often came to our office to get graphics done, and in conversation, he said to bring my relatives down for a look around FFC stadium if they wanted. I did bring them down, and Alex Totten himself showed us around, showed them photos of him with Bill Shankly when Totten was at Liverpool, and he gave us a full personal tour. At the end, he showed the three of us to the stadium cafe, and got us coffee and biscuits - on the house. A gent. A good club. A decent bunch of supporters too.

Having said that, some of the zoomers who troll on here. What are they like.

Best wishes to FFC for next season.

[emoji38]
as long as you keep Ross I'm sure you guys will do just fine next season. there's quite a bit of stale dross in the lower reaches of the premiership that needs to come down a league and I hope that happens

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I like Falkirk too. I used to work in Falkirk and the club were one of our clients. Great bunch behind the scenes. Their marketing people set up a one-on-one interview for me with Yogi when he was manager, for the ‘Final Chapter’ farewell to Love Street book I was working on. It was prior to a Falkirk v Saints game, and Yogi was brilliant. As you can tell if you read his page in the book - a real old school fitba’ bloke.

At another point I had two relations visiting me from Australia who loved Scottish football and did the Hampden tour etc. Alex Totten often came to our office to get graphics done, and in conversation, he said to bring my relatives down for a look around FFC stadium if they wanted. I did bring them down, and Alex Totten himself showed us around, showed them photos of him with Bill Shankley when Totten was at Liverpool, and he gave us a full personal tour. At the end, he showed the three of us to the stadium cafe, and got us coffee and biscuits - on the house. A gent. A good club. A decent bunch of supporters too.

Did Totts happen to mention he was previously manager of St Johnstone at any point?

21 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Did Totts happen to mention he was previously manager of St Johnstone at any point?

Nope. Just gave us a stadium tour, showed my relations (one of whom supports Liverpool) some of his personal photos from back in the day there, and generally was an excellent ambassador for FFC.

Just now, pozbaird said:

Nope. Just gave us a stadium tour, showed my relations (one of whom supports Liverpool) some of his personal photos from back in the day there, and generally was an excellent ambassador for FFC.

Good stuff. Just a wee joke on my part, he always seems to shoehorn St Johnstone references in. Glad they all enjoyed it.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Is it right some of our fans were booing at full-time last night?! :lol:

Not in W3, or anywhere near me anyway. Stood up and applauded the team, who responded. McGinn and Ross came across to the West Stand side. Sammy was subdued, as you would, with reserve defenders fcuking up your home clean sheet record for you.

46 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

At another point I had two relations visiting me from Australia who loved Scottish football and did the Hampden tour etc. Alex Totten often came to our office to get graphics done, and in conversation, he said to bring my relatives down for a look around FFC stadium if they wanted. I did bring them down, and Alex Totten himself showed us around, showed them photos of him with Bill Shankley when Totten was at Liverpool, and he gave us a full personal tour. At the end, he showed the three of us to the stadium cafe, and got us coffee and biscuits - on the house. A gent. A good club. A decent bunch of supporters too.

Alex Totten is indeed an absolute gent.

Just now, Rugster said:

Good stuff. Just a wee joke on my part, he always seems to shoehorn St Johnstone references in. Glad they all enjoyed it.

Oh, I remember now. He was wearing a St Johnstone shirt under his suit. :P

11 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Running scared of the Hartley revolution.

Not really, I'd just done a 'best wishes for next season'-type post. It's like when you wish someone a merry Christmas and then see them two days later and those good wishes were totally wasted.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

Not really, I'd just done a 'best wishes for next season'-type post. It's like when you wish someone a merry Christmas and then see them two days later and those good wishes were totally wasted.

Listen, we’re only 2-1 down after the first leg, plus, we rested 9 regulars as we have a big Champions League game against Real Morton on Saturday.... those 2 away goals could haunt us, but bring on the away leg I say. :)

Archived