The Juggernaut v The Dons

On 14/04/2018 at 23:56, the west curve said:

I think Killie will give the Dons a tanking. It’s been too long since we beat them 7-0.

I don't think you've ever beat us 7-0 pal. 

9 hours ago, ancientnoise said:

Hopefully the Dons will appear in the same numbers that attended the recent cup game. Great support. The Brass and Granite was like the end of an alcoholic's wedding just before kick-off. 

After a couple of 1-3 reverses we've at least stopped you beating us twice over the 90. That's a big improvement for us and we'll be well fired up this time to make sure our winless streak against the Dons is put to an end.

Bring it on.

Be lucky if there's 500. 

Struggling to work up any emotion for this one. 

Home win.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Normally I'm all for our big European adventure, but I simply can't see any  benefit this year to starting pre-season training at the beginning of June and playing competitive games 2 weeks later when we'll only have half a squad.

There's a more than reasonable chance that it'll end up in our elimination at the 1st round, with all the ensuing criticism and the demoralising effect that will have on an already disgruntled support.

I'd far rather take the hit of finishing 5th or 4th (if Motherwell win the cup), and give the players a proper break in the summer. It gives us more time to attempt to re-build the squad, and it gives the fans at least a bit more time to get the last few months out of our system.

We need a re-boot, and starting a new season again 8 weeks or so from now isn't the way to do it.

I'll be there on Saturday though cheering them on. What else can I do ?

inverurie beer festival 20th and 21st of April.

Gary Barlow is playing the AECC on Saturday.

Scottish grand national.

Edit: I am joking about Barlow

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Hardly disgusting. Just incredibly thick for getting involved with a fan. Having an opinion on the support isn’t disgusting.

I’d obviously prefer Europe but tbh I wouldn’t lose any sleep over missing out.

His language, if it was him, was disgusting if you’ve read it all.

45 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Normally I'm all for our big European adventure, but I simply can't see any  benefit this year to starting pre-season training at the beginning of June and playing competitive games 2 weeks later when we'll only have half a squad.

There's a more than reasonable chance that it'll end up in our elimination at the 1st round, with all the ensuing criticism and the demoralising effect that will have on an already disgruntled support.

I'd far rather take the hit of finishing 5th or 4th (if Motherwell win the cup), and give the players a proper break in the summer. It gives us more time to attempt to re-build the squad, and it gives the fans at least a bit more time to get the last few months out of our system.

We need a re-boot, and starting a new season again 8 weeks or so from now isn't the way to do it.

That’s the kind of thinking that I can never understand. Let’s lose the last five games, because we’d probably have to do that to finish 4th or 5th, so that we get a longer break in the summer. You might as well say that we should go out as early as possible in the cups  so that the players get longer to rest between league games. It’s like those managers who complain about the number of games that they have to play when their team are still in cups. Would they rather be out of the competitions and play less games? Obviously not. If we end up 4th or 5th, then do be it, but I want us to win all five and end up second. 

That’s the kind of thinking that I can never understand. Let’s lose the last five games, because we’d probably have to do that to finish 4th or 5th, so that we get a longer break in the summer. You might as well say that we should go out as early as possible in the cups  so that the players get longer to rest between league games. It’s like those managers who complain about the number of games that they have to play when their team are still in cups. Would they rather be out of the competitions and play less games? Obviously not. If we end up 4th or 5th, then do be it, but I want us to win all five and end up second. 

I think everyone would love for us to finish 2nd. But not necessarily because of the European spots.

Nobody hopes we will lose any game or finish any lower than possible. Just some feel Europe isn’t necessarily the best thing for us this summer.

I’d rather we do than don’t but I understand the sentiment.

I was pretty down on Saturday, but I’ve come back up nicely over the last couple of days.
We have the players that have done well against Killie this season, so really have nothing to fear. They’ll really fancy their chances, and that might work in our favour. We cannot, CANNOT, be as bad as we have been the last 2 weeks.

Super Steve 0-1 Gorgeous Derek

Not sure if you know that the Betfred cup starts in July 14 while the First Round Europa League qualifying is July 12 so no real difference. If we finish 2nd and Celtic win the cup then our season starts in July 26th

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Not qualifying for Europe would be very costly for us. I would guess about £1.5m less income. Rebuilding a squad would be more difficult and as has been mentioned above,  we wouldn’t get anymore time off anyway. Still think we will finish 2nd or 3rd anyway:thumsup2

The last four Euro jaunts in the last four years have been brilliant trips.

I’ll have to take the Mrs somewhere if we don’t make it this year FFS.

Never a bad thing to make it, and potentially the difference in a good player picking us over the spoon burners or the diets.

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Get this chat about not wanting Europe tae f**k. For the first time in my life I'm earning decent money and I've got four days of holiday saved up. We need to be in Europe! It's our speciality! All the way, every night and day....

You've persuaded me min.... :lol::thumsup2

Archived