The Juggernaut v The Dons

Glad to get three points from a tricky fixture.

I think this weekends performance v last weekend shows, just how much we're dependent on our first 11.  Five centre halves does not work!

Good luck to Killie for the remainder of the season.  It's a strange one that Killie seem to have struggled against us this season.  I think it's just one of those quirks.  I also think that prior seasons have fek-all to do with it (but long may our streak continue).

Now it is time to see if the filthy BrandRangers FC can cope with the pressure of having to win.

Yours

aDONis

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do realise that if we beat, for example, Celtic we get 3 points.  If Aberdeen beat us they get 3 points.  If Celtic beat Aberdeen then they too get 3 points.
You don't get any more points for results against the OF.  Aberdeen have, once again, owned us this season.  They also fought back from a goal down in extra time to knock us out the cup so you can't really call them bottlers.  Celtic fans or SS probably could be we can't.

All I’m saying if Aberdeen can’t do, it help Killie to the championship. I’m sure SSC will get the Aberdeen games sorted for next season. Aberdeen obviously have some block when it comes to beating the old firm, Killie don’t. Quid pro quo.

First half I thought Aberdeen were marginally the better team. Not seen it again yet but felt the keeper should have stoped that shot fairly comfortably and going the goal down set us back.

2nd half started and it looked like SSC has given the boys the half time arse kicking they needed as we looked more of a threat but when the dons got their second goal they held out very comfortably till the end.

Not a classic performance from either side but there was spells from both teams where they did have some good passing play on the ground. Thought the ref had a poor game but that is standard for him.

As for europe it was always a bit of a dream. Hell at the start of the season so was the top 6. Was nice while it lasted though. Still happier being annoyed at bad results in the top 6 than fighting for survival.

As for Aberdeens future you better pump newco and finish above them now. You are clearly better than them but just like killie playing the dons for some reason you always screw up against them. Prove me wrong please. :)

3 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

No issues with the result as Aberdeen the better team. Without Jones in the team we struggled to create anything. Can't win a game if you don't trouble the keeper. 

Coupled with our poor performance was a shower of shite from Nick Walsh. Saw Kenny McLean kick the ball away and antagonise the fans, did nothing. Saw Shay Logan antagonise the fans, did nothing. Brophy had shirt pulled near off him, did nothing. Ryan Christie wins a foul for the second goal by diving from no contact, the second puts the game beyond us. None of it to blame for the loss, just frustrating. 

Six wins in a row was incredible, dust ourselves off and move on to big game at Hibs. 

Looks like the sheep played Killie at their own game.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Looks like the sheep played Killie at their own game.

If by that you mean:

• Club won a game
  • Club is not dead

Then yes they did play us at our own game.

34 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

All I’m saying if Aberdeen can’t do, it help Killie to the championship. I’m sure SSC will get the Aberdeen games sorted for next season. Aberdeen obviously have some block when it comes to beating the old firm, Killie don’t. Quid pro quo.

Stop talking mate.

Your right, it’s just been a frustrating day. I just can’t stand Aberdeen at the moment. We’ve come a long way in a short time and there’s some teams that just seem to beat us easily and I just can’t seem to know why. Maybe next season it’ll change.

4 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Your right, it’s just been a frustrating day. I just can’t stand Aberdeen at the moment. We’ve come a long way in a short time and there’s some teams that just seem to beat us easily and I just can’t seem to know why. Maybe next season it’ll change.

^^^^antagonised.

1 hour ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Listen champ when we’re going for the title next season we’ll need teams like Aberdeen and hearts taking points off the old firm. Remember in the old days when Fergie used to say to old Jim Mclean that they needed each other, well Sir Stevie Clarke will need your spineless lot at least taking some points off the old firm to help Killie for fill their destiny. Your lot obviously keep bottling it every season so let the new revived Killie take the plaudits next season that your lot shite out of.

Strangely, for bottlers, we didn’t bottle it today, and after Hibs winning at lunchtime this was a massive game for both teams.

Thought that was a harsh result on us. Aberdeen certainly didn't out play us but they took their chances. Keeper has a howler for their first and then second comes from a set piece after a dive from Christie,.  Him, Stewart and May must be black and blue for the number of tumbles they take. :whistle

However despite getting into decent areas second half we couldn't get a finish. Too often we tried an extra pass when we should've taken a leaf out of the dons book and had a pop from distance. When Boyds volley was cleared off the line I knew it wasn't going to happen. Aberdeen were always going to sit in and hit on the break and couple of decent saves from Fasan kept the score down aswell.  

Officials were shocking once again. Stopping the game every time a challenge went in.To think these guys get paid £800 plus a game is disgraceful.

19 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

McInnes has better players and better tactics than Clarke.

3 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

Thought that was a harsh result on us. Aberdeen certainly didn't out play us but they took their chances. Keeper has a howler for their first and then second comes from a set piece after a dive from Christie,.  Him, Stewart and May must be black and blue for the number of tumbles they take. :whistle

However despite getting into decent areas second half we couldn't get a finish. Too often we tried an extra pass when we should've taken a leaf out of the dons book and had a pop from distance. When Boyds volley was cleared off the line I knew it wasn't going to happen. Aberdeen were always going to sit in and hit on the break and couple of decent saves from Fasan kept the score down aswell.  

Officials were shocking once again. Stopping the game every time a challenge went in.To think these guys get paid £800 plus a game is disgraceful.

Killie fans were refereeing the match in the first half in particular. Challenge goes in, Kiliie roar goes up, then whistle goes. The foul on Christie that is being complained about was a clear foul. Look back in the highlights, I’m sure that’s what will be shown. Also at the incident when McLean and O’Donnell were booked, O’Donnell clearly punches Christie on the side of the head and only gets booked. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

. Also at the incident when McLean and O’Donnell were booked, O’Donnell clearly punches Christie on the side of the head and only gets booked. 

He's too sexy to be sent off tbf.

Archived