The Juggernaut v The Dons

Surely we must be due a win? If we do I’ll start the subtle brownie point gaining exercise with the other half just in case a return to three days of alcohol abuse in foreign shores becomes a real possibility. Oh and a game of footy to watch............

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clarke has struggled to set out a team capable of beating the Dons.  In each of his matches against them, he's got closer and closer to getting it right. The 1-1 at Pittodrie was bettered by the game at Rugby Park where we were unlucky not to go through to the semi. 

Hopefully now he knows what we need to do to beat Aberdeen. Recent results for both teams certainly put Killie in a stronger position going in to this game than we have been going in to previous encounters - we're on a crazy run of wins while the Dons have had a couple of bad results and come off the back of exiting the cup. 

A win next Saturday cuts the gap on third to four points. When Clarke talks to the media, he keeps his ambitions very low (at the moment he says we're only aiming to shore up 5th) but you know privately he must be telling the boys that a couple of good results in the coming weeks against Aberdeen and Hibs would see us right in the mix for top 3/4. 

Guest Bob Mahelp

Wouldn't surprise anyone at this moment in time if we ended up the season in 5th place.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's some kind of cunning plan being hatched by McInnes to make sure that we don't qualify for Europe, therefore giving us a proper pre-season to recruit and bed in the 10 new players that Aberdeen will need to bring to Pittodrie.

Anyway. If Killie can't finally beat this demoralised Dons team next week, questions need to be asked of Clarke. 

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Wouldn't surprise anyone at this moment in time if we ended up the season in 5th place.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's some kind of cunning plan being hatched by McInnes to make sure that we don't qualify for Europe, therefore giving us a proper pre-season to recruit and bed in the 10 new players that Aberdeen will need to bring to Pittodrie.

Anyway. If Killie can't finally beat this demoralised Dons team next week, questions need to be asked of Clarke. 

Only draw back with that cunning plan is it only gives you 2 weeks extra break as league Cup groups usually start 2nd weekend in July. 

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

What questions will need to be asked?

Guest Moomintroll

What questions will need to be asked?

Sir Steve, why are you so good? PS can i have Alex's number[emoji7] [emoji7]

We have to beat Aberdeen at some point. Surely we can't shite the bed again?
I know it's completely possible that we can, but the run has to end sometime.

Someone using “shite the bed” in an Aberdeen thread, but not talking about Aberdeen?

C’mon Andy, try that one again.

Archived