Partick Thistle VS Hamilton Academical #LambieDerby

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one game I remember facing Hamilton was a pish midweek night, and I wasn't up for it at all, expecting them to pile on the misery.

We won 5-0, Doolan got 4, and even fucking Eccleston scored.  More please.

I felt the exact same way before that game, what a fucking delight that was. If I remember right Lawless, Stevenson and Higgy were absolutely running the show in midfield that night. Obviously Doolan four goals as well. 

The one game I remember facing Hamilton was a pish midweek night, and I wasn't up for it at all, expecting them to pile on the misery.
We won 5-0, Doolan got 4, and even fucking Eccleston scored.  More please.

And yet this was one of three loses whilst Canning was caretaker manager that determined he was fit to stay on in this role.

29 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I felt the exact same way before that game, what a fucking delight that was. If I remember right Lawless, Stevenson and Higgy were absolutely running the show in midfield that night. Obviously Doolan four goals as well. 

Creating chances for the centre forward. Quite a novel approach...

1 hour ago, thistledo said:

Any other game and Lawless would've walked MOTM, but Doolan scored 4, so...

3 hours ago, Im_Rodger said:

Much respect Partick.
Much respect.

IMG_1219.jpg

A lot of fans believe that this should have been done a few years ago. John could have been present and able to enjoy the honour. 

Is it too late to get a special banner made for the occasion? 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

A lot of fans believe that this should have been done a few years ago. John could have been present and able to enjoy the honour. 

Is it too late to get a special banner made for the occasion? 

It does slightly look like it's an afterthought by the club but it's possible that they approached Lambie about it previously and he said no.

"There will be new signage on the gable end of The John Lambie Stand for the game on Saturday. Signage is planned for the stand’s front fascia however our contractors have advised that investigation is required to determine structural suitability, which is being currently being undertaken."

John-Lambie-Stand-Two-1024x592.jpg

Structural suitability for signage? 

45 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

"There will be new signage on the gable end of The John Lambie Stand for the game on Saturday. Signage is planned for the stand’s front fascia however our contractors have advised that investigation is required to determine structural suitability, which is being currently being undertaken."

John-Lambie-Stand-Two-1024x592.jpg

Structural suitability for signage? 

Yes, structural suitability. Before fixing a sign to the front of the roof, it's probably a good idea to ensure it won't fall onto the supporters below.

54 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

Yes, structural suitability. Before fixing a sign to the front of the roof, it's probably a good idea to ensure it won't fall onto the supporters below.

Aye, but they'll only be Thistle supporters.  Health and Safety gone mad, IMO

Guest Moomintroll
Actually starting to get worried about this one.

Equally if not bigger than our previous head to head.

Rodger, cant help but think that posting a sentence featuring the words "bigger" and "head" will attract some obvious photographic retaliation on here. As always, hope your team lose this one to make some part of the post split part of this season interesting, but eventually hope you stay up again to enrage the usual suspects.

Archived