General Secretary of the West Region

Nugent4nil

As with all proposals, rule changes etc put before the members, unless there is a clear majority winner In the first vote, the lowest will be eliminated and another vote by all the clubs involved will be taken. This insures that whoever wins will have got there by democratic principals and it will be a majority winner that takes the post. So whoever gets the post will be there by the consent of the majority of the clubs.

Thanks for clearing that up Kennie. So basically there is no reason for Robert and Kennie not to both run for the post along with the current secretary. [emoji106]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Moomintroll

However it all pans out I do hope that Robert and Kennie, if either of them win the vote, can assist each other in sorting out the mess that has transpired this season.

Robertson has had a fair crack at it now maybe the auld fella should just step aside and see if anyone can actually do better. Kennie says it's possible but honestly sceptical that as long as Scottish is played in winter months very little can be drastically improved. Matt Spiers when he did it in Ayrshire leagues was a very approachable and reasonable chap maybe actually being nice instead of awkward and stubborn might go a long way.

Take the Scottish out the reckoning in winter and things will dramatically improve  IMO. You can't avoid fact that some teams have notoriously bad pitches. With a fixture list of league games, they can be avoided. With cup ties, that's impossible unless the team immediately surrenders home advantage. 

6 hours ago, maggotman said:

Overheard Girvan and Pollok officials talking about the two potential candidates. Dumb and Dumber were the words used to describe them 

Thats a tad harsh, I guess I must be dumber though as I only have 3 O' Levels one being in Areth... artur.... counting.

PS I know a few of the current Pollok committee and count them as friends as for the Girvan ones I have never spoke to or know any of them what so ever., actually surprised its taken page 3 before this has started I was expecting it from the start, cheers and all the very best,

Robert Dumber Burns.

Thats a tad harsh, I guess I must be dumber though as I only have 3 O' Levels one being in Areth... artur.... counting.
PS I know a few of the current Pollok committee and count them as friends as for the Girvan ones I have never spoke to or know any of them what so ever., actually surprised its taken page 3 before this has started I was expecting it from the start, cheers and all the very best,
Robert Dumber Burns.

No you are dumb

7 hours ago, maggotman said:

Overheard Girvan and Pollok officials talking about the two potential candidates. Dumb and Dumber were the words used to describe them 

Think the over qualifies both if this turns out to be true.

The superlative to the adjectives used is dumber and that is surely reserved for those that voted for SR last year.

1 minute ago, Beenzon-Toste said:

The superlative to the adjectives used is dumber and that is surely reserved for those that voted for SR last year.

Unfortunately you're never going to be able to convince everybody.

For some, the maintenance of their current cosy relationship or the simple fear of any degree of change will be enough to convince them that what we've got at the moment is fit for purpose.

Unfortunately you're never going to be able to convince everybody.
For some, the maintenance of their current cosy relationship or the simple fear of any degree of change will be enough to convince them that what we've got at the moment is fit for purpose.

But you don't need to look far to see that it's clearly not fit for purpose. Fixtures only as far as 28th April. Cup draws still to be made. Fixtures going out then being withdrawn. Teams sitting idle with possible games. Need I go on?

10 hours ago, maggotman said:

Having seen the highlights I think this might have been the girvan central defence they were talking about .

12 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

Having seen the highlights I think this might have been the girvan central defence they were talking about .

Whereas Girvan's goalie was increasingly a metaphor for how everyone seems to feel about the fixtures as the season goes on!

On 16/04/2018 at 10:12, maggotman said:

Living up to your name there old chap.

Archived