Stenhousemuir -vs- Nanna Pathetic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to tempt fate and discuss the play-offs at this stage as there's still a lot of work to be done but I'd be confident about doing well if we finish in the top four. We've beaten Peterhead three times this season, Stirling Albion twice and, while results haven't necessarily gone our way, we've played well against Montrose. We also have a good record in the play-offs against Queen's Park (relegating them in 2009, defeating them to stay in League 1 in 2015).

The one team I do not want to face is Albion Rovers. They have a hex over us and beat us every goddamn time.

Great game today for a neutral. Paton and the Annan number 9 were the two standout players, nobody else impressed me really. Where is payton on loan from? Was interested to see how ex county duo mcmenamin and Jimmy Scott got on, mcmenamin is clearly well past it and Scott didn't even get on. Assume with players like Paton on your books he won't get a huge amount of play time. 

Stenny need a competent goalkeeper in the worst way, not sure what the story with the big lad is but he shouldn't be anywhere near senior football. 

The captain's celebration at the end was brilliant. Great to see someone so clearly passionate about the club they're playing for. 

Really entertaining afternoon although I thought £13 to get in was pretty steep and your pies should come with a health warning, I think it came straight from the inside of a volcano. 

Harry Paton's on loan from Heart of Midlothian. I'm not sure if he has much of a future with them - unlike a lot of their other loanees, he hasn't been offered a new contract - but he'll have a decent career in the game somewhere else.

Colin McMenamin has been a great player for Stenhousemuir over the last four years but his best days are behind him. He's got the odd goal here and there this season but he doesn't really do much when he plays and I think he might have one eye on retirement. Jimmy Scott, meanwhile, hasn't made much of an impact, other than some important goals against Stirling Albion and Berwick Rangers. Scott's been used as a forward this year so Paton hasn't taken his place in the team.

As for the goalkeeper, Chris Smith has had one or two shaky moments this season and has been responsible for a few too many goals. Regardless of what division we're in next term, a new goalie is a must.

I'm pleased to read you enjoyed yourself. Big Mick Dunlop's celebration was the highlight of my afternoon too.

Harry Paton's on loan from Heart of Midlothian. I'm not sure if he has much of a future with them - unlike a lot of their other loanees, he hasn't been offered a new contract - but he'll have a decent career in the game somewhere else.
Colin McMenamin has been a great player for Stenhousemuir over the last four years but his best days are behind him. He's got the odd goal here and there this season but he doesn't really do much when he plays and I think he might have one eye on retirement. Jimmy Scott, meanwhile, hasn't made much of an impact, other than some important goals against Stirling Albion and Berwick Rangers. Scott's been used as a forward this year so Paton hasn't taken his place in the team.
As for the goalkeeper, Chris Smith has had one or two shaky moments this season and has been responsible for a few too many goals. Regardless of what division we're in next term, a new goalie is a must.
I'm pleased to read you enjoyed yourself. Big Mick Dunlop's celebration was the highlight of my afternoon too.

Seems crazy when Lewis Moore is making their first 11 from time to time.

Who was the commentator? Gave it a very professional feel despite the commentary being about 10 minutes behind the action.

Paton looked on a different level from anything else. I'd be amazed if Hearts let him go considering the sub standard youngsters they have already given chances to in their first team. Godinho, McDonald and Moore for starters are bang average, Paton has a special talent. Probably not a Levein talent right enough.

Some cross from Rooooori for the winner and credit to Fez for a man of 86 to be in that area so late in the game says a lot about his desire. I'm still a bit miffed why fans of other teams disliked him so much, I don't think they really understand football at this level.

The commentary is a great touch. Looking forward to hearing it going forward (and in sync with the action!)

If Heart of Midlothian are looking at bringing in a 36-year-old Stevie MacLean to spearhead their attack, guys like Harry Paton probably won't have much of a look in. He'll be a great success somewhere else. Don't think I've ever seen a central midfielder at Ochilview before with the same ability to glide past players.

I really do wish I wasn't in a state of financial embarrassment and I could watch the game against Berwick Rangers tomorrow night.

47 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Who is Stephen Dixon?

Does commentary for a few teams, apart from that I don't know anything else. One of the board members asked him to do it. 

Archived