2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

Don't know what the ramifications would be if teams started withdrawing from entry into this to highlight what a joke it has become. If it was an option would be happy to give this a body swerve now as very little interest until the very late stages of it.

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Mr. Doncaster will have it played at Wembley so he can bask in the glory of his success.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Actually, renting Wembley for the final, no matter who gets there, would be genius.

Don't know what the ramifications would be if teams started withdrawing from entry into this to highlight what a joke it has become. If it was an option would be happy to give this a body swerve now as very little interest until the very late stages of it.
I suggested to my team we should sign up our fans and play them in the cup. Alas the club said the were not able to do that.

We had Inverness on the Saturday away in the league cup but ended being drawn against their colt team in the Challenge Cup.

Was free entry for that game and i dont the attendance even think it broke 250.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, peternapper said:

The teams voted for this through the SPFL Management Committee so unfortunately I don't think this will happen.

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I assume the SPFL will think roping in Southerners will attract the telly. Everything’s about the money for Doncaster. He’ll be rebranding to UKPFL soon.

p***k!

I believe this is the final year of the deal with Irn Bru and possibly whatever TV deals they got. Doncaster & Co probably feel with the National League's higher profile than the Welsh & Irish leagues it'll help attract improved deals. Maybe even get BT Sport roped in due to the relationships the SPFL & National League has with them. He knows they're more likely to get extra £s from companies doing this than including additional Scottish clubs.

More money he gets for the SPFL, the more secure his job.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I believe this is the final year of the deal with Irn Bru and possibly whatever TV deals they got. Doncaster & Co probably feel with the National League's higher profile than the Welsh & Irish leagues it'll help attract improved deals. Maybe even get BT Sport roped in due to the relationships the SPFL & National League has with them. He knows they're more likely to get extra £s from companies doing this than including additional Scottish clubs.

More money he gets for the SPFL, the more secure his job.

I would have been happier if he invited Carlisle and Hartlepool instead of them two that are 500 miles away.

Back in the good old days of the 1970s mid table Scottish teams could look forward to a chance to play Manchester City, Newcastle United, Huddersfield etc etc, in the Texaco Cup, today we are offered Sutton, Boreham and a bunch of Irish and Welsh diddies,  just shows how low Scottish Football has fallen under the stewardship of the cockwomble

Back in the good old days of the 1970s mid table Scottish teams could look forward to a chance to play Manchester City, Newcastle United, Huddersfield etc etc, in the Texaco Cup, today we are offered Sutton, Boreham and a bunch of Irish and Welsh diddies,  just shows how low Scottish Football has fallen under the stewardship of the cockwomble

Cove Rangers or Forfar could play against Man City or Newcastle United? Wow that sounds good actually. I wonder why they stopped those games....

16 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

The Texaco Cup was for top flight clubs.

22 hours ago, Old Diamond said:

I seem to rememebr a team from Airdrie doing quite well in the Texaco.  Can't remember their name though.:whistle