2018/19 Challenge Cup

algy

12 hours ago, algy said:

Bangor City were relegated to the 2nd tier (didn't meet licence requirements, and failed an appeal).  Probably be replaced Connah's Quay Nomads as they finished 3rd.

They still finished 2nd though, demotion or not?

Give me a tie, even at home, against a ‘foreign’ side in the Challenge Cup over yet another drab, forgettable affair with a team we’ve played loads of before. I agree with punting the Colts and replacing them with more HL and LL sides. If we’re still needing to make up the numbers then include the Development League and Youth Cup winners, but as a last resort.

On 15/05/2018 at 07:39, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yeah, I post on there as cdbullyweefan

Ha, thought that was you! I post there very occasionally under the same name as I do here, but mainly lurk. :)

On 5/15/2018 at 18:43, HibeeJibee said:

They still finished 2nd though, demotion or not?

That's true.  From the Bangor City website, it's sounds like it's still to be decided.

We have yet to be told by the Welsh FA if we will or will not compete in the Irn Bru Cup. We are told we will be given an answer on this in early June.

Edited by algy

6 hours ago, Crusader Knight said:

No Linfield this year from NI, but ourselves and Coleraine. A wee trip to the Giants Causeway then for any travelling folk ... :)

I've been to Coleraine.

Waterskiing on the Bann and blootered at Kelly's. Glory days.

6 hours ago, Crusader Knight said:

No Linfield this year from NI, but ourselves and Coleraine. A wee trip to the Giants Causeway then for any travelling folk ... :)

Seaview or The Showgrounds would be just grand. I had an old mannie show me round The Showgrounds in 1998 but never seen a game there. Tidy wee ground. You guys were good craic at the Caley Stadium.

Get these colt teams to f**k.

In all seriousness, I’m quite worried about how our U20s will perform in this competition. Could be genuinely embarrassing if they were to face a team that were actually semi-competent.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

Get these colt teams to f**k.

In all seriousness, I’m quite worried about how our U20s will perform in this competition. Could be genuinely embarrassing if they were to face a team that were actually semi-competent.

Isn't our U20s mainly 16 year olds? Our half decent youngsters end up on loan to junior sides with the odd one in the SPFL. Even another U20 side would absolutely rattle them.

Been a few years and still think the colt teams should be nowhere near it, I was against the non-Scottish sides being in it too but our games against TNS and Crusaders were a good bit of something different, so I'm more than happy to see them still in it. Colts can f**k off though.

Ahh nice, almost missed the thread where we annually get to put all our morals to one side and hope like f**k that "Colts" get absolutely booted up and down the place in the name of getting it right up absolute arseholes like Chris McCart and Cockwomble and any other fanny who backs "Colt" teams.

The Irish and Welsh teams are rank, as evidenced by last seasons Falkirk team with Houston still in charge managed to beat Sligo away from home, but at least theres an away day involved. 

f**k yer Colts and f**k Chris McCart.

f**k the colts.
Keep the foreign teams.

Although I believe it will be the new reserve sides that compete in this next season and not ‘colts.’

1st Round:-
Dundee United
Dunfermline Athletic
Inverness Caledonian Thistle
Queen of the South
Greenock Morton
Falkirk
Dumbarton
Brechin City
Ayr United
Raith Rovers
Alloa Athletic