Talbot v Lochee Lochee v Talbot

happy

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connor Birse gave Lochee Utd a slender lead to take into next Saturday’s  2nd leg, when he ran through the central of the Talbot defence & slid the ball underneath Andrew Leishman from around the penalty spot.

Talbot started the game well with Jamie Glasgow going  close inside the opening 5mns but he shot past from inside the box.

Lochee were playing well with Scott Webster,Reece Ritchie, Scott McComoskie, & left winger Bryan Deasley, catching the eye.

Gordon Pope brought the opening  half to a close,when had a fine effort from 20yds touched over the bar by Lochee goalie Mark Fotheringham.

Talbot won a penalty,early in the 2nd half when one of their players was felled on the 6yd line by a Lochee defender.

Lochee goalie Mark Fotheringham leaped high to his right ,to punch away Stephen Wilson’s spot kick.

Talbot were finishing the game very strongly, & were unlucky when a net bound effort from Jamie Glasgow came off Sean McIlroy.

Soon after that, Lochee striker Connor Birse ( only on the pitch 5mns earlier) waltzed through the Talbot defence to draw 1st blood in this evenly balanced tie.

Not much between the sides this afternoon, both teams coming close on several occasions.

Beechwood Park looked good enough to play Lawn Bowls on very well done. Looked a decent attendance as well.

Lochee are a super team, solid in defence, hard working & creative in midfield, excellent in attack. But so are their opponents. 

I was very impressed with Lochee’s pre match warm up, sharp, quick, & very interesting, well done.

Fancy this tie to go the distance , with Talbot’s Ross Harvey notching the winner.

First leg games are usually a damp squib.......not this one,the big Lochee keeper won’t need to put his hands in his pocket to buy drink tonight,three world class saves and that’s not counting his penalty save as well.My mate had a derisory comment regarding said keepers physical appearance being a pound or two over fighting weight although the jokes on us,with his man of the match performance.This tie is far from over,on another day Talbot may have been three or four goals to the good......but that’s football for you,Talbot may have been a bit hung ho in trying to find the goal their play deserved and were caught by a break up the park in 92 minute with what was Lochees only shot on target during the 90minutes.Dont get me wrong Lochee are a decent outfit,and defended well as a unit maybe they got the breaks today,but they worked hard for them,but I doubt they can defend like that for another 90 minutes again next week.Didnt see what the penalty was given for though Wilson struck it well enough it was a good height for the CAT .......sorry keeper.Next week is all to play for and I hope the Lochee players think they’ve got job done and try to defend their lead,tucker must surely go with big Sean up top as Gee just a wee bit off the boil at present and I fancy Jamie G to notch a couple.Decent turn out from Lochee supporters.a bus or two that got well watered in Mauchline club before the match.Onward Talbot soldiers to battle the beast from the East,victory from jaws of defeat,we will fight on the beaches we will fight in the hills and in the trees.......it’s Talbots trophy that wel will never surrender!!!

It doesn't really matter how many goals Talbot should of had or Lochee only had the odd shot on target, it's about approaching the game to get an advantage, keep it tight, don't open up, take the odd chance if you get it but most of all don't concede and you have a great chance, Talbot are the most successful team in junior football and if you play an open game against them at their park then they will 9 times out of 10 beat you, so looks like great tactics from Lochee.

First leg games are usually a damp squib.......not this one,the big Lochee keeper won’t need to put his hands in his pocket to buy drink tonight,three world class saves and that’s not counting his penalty save as well.My mate had a derisory comment regarding said keepers physical appearance being a pound or two over fighting weight although the jokes on us,with his man of the match performance.This tie is far from over,on another day Talbot may have been three or four goals to the good......but that’s football for you,Talbot may have been a bit hung ho in trying to find the goal their play deserved and were caught by a break up the park in 92 minute with what was Lochees only shot on target during the 90minutes.Dont get me wrong Lochee are a decent outfit,and defended well as a unit maybe they got the breaks today,but they worked hard for them,but I doubt they can defend like that for another 90 minutes again next week.Didnt see what the penalty was given for though Wilson struck it well enough it was a good height for the CAT .......sorry keeper.Next week is all to play for and I hope the Lochee players think they’ve got job done and try to defend their lead,tucker must surely go with big Sean up top as Gee just a wee bit off the boil at present and I fancy Jamie G to notch a couple.Decent turn out from Lochee supporters.a bus or two that got well watered in Mauchline club before the match.Onward Talbot soldiers to battle the beast from the East,victory from jaws of defeat,we will fight on the beaches we will fight in the hills and in the trees.......it’s Talbots trophy that wel will never surrender!!!

[emoji482]+[emoji482]=????

Archived