Airdrie v Rovers

41 minutes ago, Airdrie00 said:

Is it just me who thinks MacDonald is better at CB compared to LB? I’d say he’s played his best games there whether it’s been as part of a 3 at the back or 4

I thought he was outstanding today-pacey to cope with their no 9/read the game very well/concentrated on defending/cleared when needed/ passed it out also to midfield/left/relied on Brownlie for the big aerial duels but did well if needed. I also thought Edwards was a real balance on that side so I remain ok with him being resigned. He has always looked more comfortable in a back three. The 826 was what you might expect and it was a reasonable atmosphere including the loud Albion guy who seemed to think that "talk to each other" seemed to be their main weakness.  The money lost from those who stayed away (if not season ticket holders) does seem disappointing considering that a change from the JB era was achieved some time ago, and although the football was not great, it was pleasantly warm and you missed a goal from Adam Brown and even a few tackles, whilst Tom Fry scored at last. The Rovers are on a real dip of defeats and must be worried over their last two games-away at Ayr on final day I think and it would be some upset if they could stop an Ayr title win, a la Stranraer today. The Ref was a bit inconsistent today but both sides got a fair deal from him.   A good day for the Diamonds and we might not end in 7th place!

1 hour ago, Airdrie00 said:

Is it just me who thinks MacDonald is better at CB compared to LB? I’d say he’s played his best games there whether it’s been as part of a 3 at the back or 4

I have been critical of him, but that's the best I've seen him play in a while. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I thought he was outstanding today-pacey to cope with their no 9/read the game very well/concentrated on defending/cleared when needed/ passed it out also to midfield/left/relied on Brownlie for the big aerial duels but did well if needed. I also thought Edwards was a real balance on that side so I remain ok with him being resigned. He has always looked more comfortable in a back three. The 826 was what you might expect and it was a reasonable atmosphere including the loud Albion guy who seemed to think that "talk to each other" seemed to be their main weakness.  The money lost from those who stayed away (if not season ticket holders) does seem disappointing considering that a change from the JB era was achieved some time ago, and although the football was not great, it was pleasantly warm and you missed a goal from Adam Brown and even a few tackles, whilst Tom Fry scored at last. The Rovers are on a real dip of defeats and must be worried over their last two games-away at Ayr on final day I think and it would be some upset if they could stop an Ayr title win, a la Stranraer today. The Ref was a bit inconsistent today but both sides got a fair deal from him.   A good day for the Diamonds and we might not end in 7th place!

Edwards was excellent - summed up with the last ditch tackle to stop the Rovers equalising a minute before we scored the second.  Adam Brown played well,  excellent finish and a tackle. Conroy had his best game (well overdue) for a while,  Dale Carrick 100%- very  clever stopping in his tracks when offside to allow the move  that led to the first goal to continue.  

(Sarcastic) laughable moment of the game - Reid moaning about Fry's high boot when he had studded Cammy Russell 10 minutes earlier

A win, a clean sheet, and a goal from Adam Brown - truly an "I was there" game this season.

We played pretty well, especially in the first half and with a makeshift team. MacDonald had probably his best game for us,  Brownlie looked solid, and even Conroy had a good 45 mins. Russell is benefiting from the games he's getting due to Duffy's injury. Hastie has clearly got potential - he got the ball in the Rovers half with about 10  mins to go, surrounded by defenders and with no support, and burst past all of them only for the goalie to pull off a good stop in a 1 on 1.

The Rovers aren't very good, but if they can scrape 9th then they might have enough to get through the play-offs. I'd like to see them stay up. I didn't think they were that dirty, certainly compared to Jim Goodwin's bunch of cloggers in the last match I saw.

13 minutes ago, Roger Thornhill said:

(Sarcastic) laughable moment of the game - Reid moaning about Fry's high boot when he had studded Cammy Russell 10 minutes earlier

I wasn't there, so didn't see it. But I'd want to tell you: Reid isn't the moaning type.

2 minutes ago, touchedbymadness said:

He ran after the ref waving an imaginary card.    Fcuking disgusting behaviour imho

Oh dear. I repeat what I said about Alan. Can only imagine that this dreadful season has got to him.

Archived