Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

Serious question: are any of you, other than glenburn rager, actually bothered about the 'gaurd [sic] of honour' thing? It's pandering nonsense at best. 

Nope - couldn’t give a flying f**k. Another three points, beating the ton and lifting the trophy was all that mattered yesterday.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Nope - couldn’t give a flying f**k. Another three points, beating the ton and lifting the trophy was all that mattered yesterday.

Yup, forgot to mention completing the set was sweet!

Not in the slightest Gigi. I completely agree with you. Fair play to the Morton fans who came to Paisley yesterday. If the situation had been reversed, I doubt many of us would have gone to Greenock.
I think wed take a decent support to defy them

1st half was a cracking game of fitba and we deserved our goal, possibly more but 2nd half we didn’t show up at all, unacceptable stuff from Duffy! Looks like we’ll finish 7th now, bouffin end to the season!

3 hours ago, GiGi said:

Serious question: are any of you, other than glenburn rager, actually bothered about the 'gaurd [sic] of honour' thing? It's pandering nonsense at best. 

Not really, no. If anything I respect Morton a little bit for not doing it and adding a little more bite to proceedings. I'm not really sure there's an agreed convention on the guard of honour, but my understanding is should be the first game after the trophy is won, and it's personal choice if any other opponents wish to do it down the line. Falkirk did it for us on Tuesday, end of story.

Yesterday was near enough perfect. I thought given the way we started and the space Morton had left open for us it would be a rout. It wasn't, but a win was more than acceptable. 

I don't think there was a better way for Lewis Morgan to sign off than to score a derby winner and then get booked for noising up the Morton supporters behind the goal.

1 hour ago, BIG BEN said:
2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Not in the slightest Gigi. I completely agree with you. Fair play to the Morton fans who came to Paisley yesterday. If the situation had been reversed, I doubt many of us would have gone to Greenock.

I think wed take a decent support to defy them

We’d have taken about the same as they did to our gaff’. If Morton were getting the Championship trophy, if they regularly were more successful than us, if we were pissed off with our BoD and manager, and if we’d spunked away a playoff spot?

I’d have been nowhere near the fcuking place. Not a chance. I’d have pocketed the cash it would have cost me to go and suffer that, and would have instead spent it in HMV / the pub / the local Chinese takeaway..... guaranteed.

Think this has already been posted but reposting it for the reaction of the Morton fans who charge about a third of the way down the stairs to vent their seethe by which point Morgan has buggered off.

5 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Crushing your play off hopes and lifting the trophy in the sunshine in front of 400 Morton fans was hilarious too

Amazing Morton fans on here trying to have laugh at anything to do with st Mirren yesterday is absolute quality emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Complete diddy outfit mate, tinpot club.

Archived