Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The trophy presentation was glorious. Massive lump in my throat for Jack's speech and McGinn's entrance.
Also: that ovation for Lewis Morgan was special. He has handled his transfer impeccably. Some boy.

Jack's speech hit me right in the feels, i dragged the gf along today as we are due our first child soon and I wanted him to be there to witness his first title.

If that doesn't convince her we should name him Jack then nothing will.

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Some Morton fans actually applauded the team off? :lol:

Those people truly get the club they deserve.

We were probably the better team in the first half. Had a go and caused them problems, and we looked comfortable enough in the second half. What killed the game was Duffy making pointless changes again, including taking off Harkins who was the only player who looked capable of making something happen and keeping Tidser on who looks totally out of his depth playing right midfield. I have no issues with the players today, they gave their all. The tactics and decision making from the bench on the other hand...

We were probably the better team in the first half. Had a go and caused them problems, and we looked comfortable enough in the second half. What killed the game was Duffy making pointless changes again, including taking off Harkins who was the only player who looked capable of making something happen and keeping Tidser on who looks totally out of his depth playing right midfield. I have no issues with the players today, they gave their all. The tactics and decision making from the bench on the other hand...

I thought it was a scrappy game, Morton started brighter and we scored with our first decent attack then Morton hit the bar, equalised, Samson pulled off 2 great saves then we hit the inside of the post and Gaston made a great save.

Wasn't much in the 2nd half but Reilly did what he has been doing all season, picked up a horrible pass from a Ton player, slipped in Smith who laid it on a plate for Morgan.

Harkins looked a really good player today, he was the version i hoped we signed in the SPL. Too much hoof ball from Morton though, can see what they are trying to do as we do the same sometimes but we look so much better with the ball on the ground, sometimes in derbies like today you dont get the chance to play nice football.

Thanks for playing lads. Mind the gap, natural order, pleasing and all that.

Bobby Madden set the tone early doors by not bothering with the minute's applause that was meant to take place.

4 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Morton playing this like it’s a cup tie. 

Madden refereeing it like it’s a friendly.

Morton’s 25 lucky to still be on the pitch. 

But he’s not even had a yellow and he and Madden walked off at HT having a wee laugh together.  

1-1 about right though. 

With Saints having a really nervy 15 minutes when McKenzie went off injured. 

Need to raise it in the second half or it’ll be two home losses in a row. 

Problem was Liam Smith retaliated so the ref would've had to send both off - my fear was hed book Ross (25) & send off Smith.

Worked against us because after letting that foul go it meant the "tariff" for a booking became pretty high which suited Morten more than it did us.

Home TeamSt Mirren                                          Away TeamMorten

Fouls
Home9
Away19

Heard the reason for no guard of honour was because of the pyrotechnic things and that could have led to flame-grilled Morton players.

I don't think we gave Hibs a guard of honour last season.

10 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m hearing it was the Morton chief executive who made the decision to not give us a guard of honour. What an absolute p***k.

No class from him and his club so get it right fucking up ye, we are the champions.

A5D13B52-2A4F-4C52-B7E8-7CF7952FBD21.png

Hawke has gone a wee bit up in my estimations if it was his decision. Don’t know why you’re all so upset about it. Just enjoy your success :lol: 

Archived