Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Glad I’m not the only one in the same boat as I’m really struggling to find the enthusiasm to renew my season ticket for next season. Pains me to say it cos I love this club but the lack of ambition at the club is making me want to stay away until we have new owners in place. I can find better things to spend my money on rather than filling the pockets of someone who is happy to finish mid table every season.

Been there but ended up sticking with it your club needs the hard core as hard as it is. Have you not got a fan council ? A voice to meet the board and manager to fight within ?  We have it helps to bridge the gap for real answers. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad I’m not the only one in the same boat as I’m really struggling to find the enthusiasm to renew my season ticket for next season. Pains me to say it cos I love this club but the lack of ambition from certain people at the club is making me want to stay away until we have new owners in place. I can find better things to spend my money on than filling the pockets of someone who is happy to finish mid table every season.

You’ll renew it because your a Morton fan, end of!

Or you can decide to go again when we go on a wee good run, if that’s the case, f**k ye!

1 minute ago, M0rtonfc said:

You’ll renew it because your a Morton fan, end of!

Doesn't matter, sometimes voting with your wallet makes the point that change is needed for the long term health of the club.  

23 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Well this season it is demonstrably Duffy's fault. The board are responsible for the past 15 years of underachievement but Duffy can carry the can for the final quarter of this campaign.

And the last campaign.

19 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I get what your saying but your BOD have delivered a big pile of feck all consistently.... both on the park and off.  It's shocking treatment towards it's loyal fans of which there is a considerable amount.

This debate happens every time a Morton manager is flatlining, 'but it's the BOD fault'. As GiGi said, both issues are not mutually exclusive. Long term, the board have been short changing the fans for years and continue to do so with their lack of ambition and taking us for mugs. Getting a regime change is something that is really needed at Morton and everyone should be pushing that agenda. That doesn't take away from the fact that in the here and now, Duffy is making a complete arse of it and should be binned. A competent manager would have waltzed into the playoffs this year, Duffy blew it.

4 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

A healthy Morton would be good for us. I can't see you competing with us in the near future which is a pity and down to your BOD. It would be a good start at making it up to the fans if  if they delivered you a new stadium.

A redeveloped Cappielow (within reason, not taking away from it's traditional elegance!), maybe, but few Morton fans would prefer to move to a shoebox on the outskirts of town. It's hard enough to keep fans interested without making it more inconvenient.

Without getting into a debate over who’s got the better stadium etc, I just wouldn’t want us to end up with one like yourselves which is the main reason why I wouldn’t want a new one. Most opposition supporters don’t appreciate how good it is to watch football from the Cowshed as well. I also don’t see where we could realistically put a new stadium as it would have to be far out of town which would suit no one. 

The cowshed used to be brilliant as an away fan, the northbank was brilliant for us. Sometimes fans just need to move on for the club to move on. It was a hard pill for us to swallow but we already have some fantastic memories in our new home.

Different circumstances for Morton but even in maintenance alone Cappelow must cost the club a fortune.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The cowshed used to be brilliant as an away fan, the northbank was brilliant for us. Sometimes fans just need to move on for the club to move on. It was a hard pill for us to swallow but we already have some fantastic memories in our new home.

Different circumstances for Morton but even in maintenance alone Cappelow must cost the club a fortune.

Maintenance. :lol:

1 minute ago, M0rtonfc said:

Enjoy IKEA on a Sat mate

I could enjoy 2 hours of attempted assembly of IKEA furniture with all Swedish instructions more than I would enjoy watching any more Morton games this season never mind this one.

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Yes, because that's exactly what Morton need, more fans sitting on their hands, accepting being short changed, accepting failure.

Cancerous attitude.

The most "cancerous attitude" of all is yours, mate. Costantly negative. "Sack the Board, "Sack Duffy", "Duffy's a moron", "Duffy's an idiot", repeat ad nauseum.

There's constructive criticism, there's criticism, and there's your sort of criticism. If you  were at a game and came out with a constant stream of pish like you do on here the fans round about you would soon put you right.  You've become even more tedious than the virgin child, and that takes some doing.

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Good patter from Duffy to name the side that should’ve been playing the last 2 months today after our season is done. 

I'd like to think this is the kind of get it up the fans on the way out the door parting shot Ian McCall deployed at the end of his time at Queen of the South knowing he was leaving, but in reality Duffy's just that daft. Also nowhere near as much of a p***k as Ian McCall.

3 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

The most "cancerous attitude" of all is yours, mate. Costantly negative. "Sack the Board, "Sack Duffy", "Duffy's a moron", "Duffy's an idiot", repeat ad nauseum.

There's constructive criticism, there's criticism, and there's your sort of criticism. If you  were at a game and came out with a constant stream of pish like you do on here the fans round about you would soon put you right.  You've become even more tedious than the virgin child, and that takes some doing.

Ooft, nerve well and truly hit. lovely.

Feel free to read back my entire posting history, you might enjoy it. I think you'll find that the negativity only becomes constant when the club are taking us for complete mugs, making an arse of things and failing miserably.

So yes, at present, when we've downed tools for the final quarter of the season (for the second year in a row), failing to make the playoffs which were a shoe in and serving up ridiculous lineups for no reason and therefore turning in rancid performances and failing to beat all but the 2 part time teams in the division, yes, my negativity will come on pretty strong and rightfully so.

If you don't like it, and are willing to sit on your hands and accept mediocre at top dollar, then go ahead.

Feel free to come and stand where I do in the cowshed. You'll find there are plenty airing their frustrations, many even stronger than me and nobody is putting anybody 'right' when there's no case for the defence.

Archived