Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Up-date Morton to date have sold 138 tickets hope more come along.                          As I'm staying for the party who does the best fish supper in the centre of town any buddies know. 

First part is pish 

2nd part Greenock 

HTH

6 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Up-date Morton to date have sold 138 tickets hope more come along.                          As I'm staying for the party who does the best fish supper in the centre of town any buddies know. 

Allans snack bar in Storie street is a paisley institution, is it not ?   I've visited recently and it was great. ( old school fish teas with batter/breadcrumbs etc)

There was a good chippy in George  st years ago, but allans takes some beating.

35 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Meh i hope not he is pretty guff.

Seems the kind of player who makes mistakes but points, shouts and blames others.

He is a bit of a deflector snif,  but i wouldnt say he was guff by any means. Dont know if he's good enough for a top flght st mirren but as I said earlier - there's  a decent chance that he'l l grab a goal tomorrow. 

He is a bit of a deflector snif,  but i wouldnt say he was guff by any means. Dont know if he's good enough for a top flght st mirren but as I said earlier - there's  a decent chance that he'l l grab a goal tomorrow. 

He plays well enough against us and is prone to scoring against us too. Guff is harsh i agree, he's a decent championship defender but i'd be disappointed if we were looking at that calibre of player to make the step up.

I get mixed up between Kilday and Lamie but I'd prefer the decent one out of those 2, i think its Lamie.

I hope not too, not good enough imo. He’s found his level with a club like Morton.

44 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Seems the kind of player who makes mistakes but points, shouts and blames others.

Nail, head.

He's a solid Championship centre back but I'm always surprised when he's linked with moves to the top flight. People think he's a better defender than he is due to his attacking prowess. He needs to improve his concentration and start taking responsibility for the mistakes he does make rather than deflecting the blame to others if he's ever going to be good enough for a higher level.

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

He plays well enough against us and is prone to scoring against us too. Guff is harsh i agree, he's a decent championship defender but i'd be disappointed if we were looking at that calibre of player to make the step up.

I get mixed up between Kilday and Lamie but I'd prefer the decent one out of those 2, i think its Lamie.

He's not as good as Davis or McKenzie. Probably comparable to Baird who has youth more on his side.

We'll need another centre back for the league next season. It'll be someone who'll get straight into the fist XI, I'd imagine, though. O'Ware certainly won't fit that bill.

On 19/04/2018 at 09:19, glenburn bud said:

I wonder where Virgin ton GiGi and the purple monkey dishwasher guy have all disappeared to ? They were all very active not so long ago.

Its almost like we’ve won the league and they can’t face coming on pie&bovril to take some of the medicine they so readily  love to dish out.

I've posted multiple times on this very thread. So it's not really almost like that at all. 

Hopefully the Morton fans turn up en masse. Surely the chance to pump the champions on their own patch would be one they wouldnt want to miss. I know I love Saints miles more than I hate Ton

Hopefully the Morton fans turn up en masse. Surely the chance to pump the champions on their own patch would be one they wouldnt want to miss. I know I love Saints miles more than I hate Ton

If the Morton team did turn up tomorrow and dish out a pumping, having downed tools for the final third of the season for the second year running, I'd probably be even more seething than I will be when we lose the game effortlessly.

If the Morton team did turn up tomorrow and dish out a pumping, having downed tools for the final third of the season for the second year running, I'd probably be even more seething than I will be when we lose the game effortlessly.

Must admit. I thought you guys were a shoe in for the play offs. Tailed off big time at the worst time

I too thought the GABCE (Great Annual Bottle Crashing Event) had been cancelled this year, but Morton FC never leave the punters disappointed.

Except their own punters, obviously.

PS... I've heard Morton are taking the 'nae class' option and will not be offering a guard of honour today.

Archived