Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

15 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Actually it's been so long since Morton have been in the top flight, I wasn't even alive to see it.

Thought you lot had managed one season up there in the mid 90s for some reason.

funny from reading your posts I had you in the 60-65 group.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Absolutely glorious and thanks for playing Virgin ton.

4132D219-F172-492C-B0D1-AF47667A8CC0.jpeg

Missed out mind the door when your leaving. ( or maybe VT won't use that as your going upstairs)

With the Morton fans forum in meltdown not sure on the ticket position for this game.

Morton say they have 1,000 tickets on general sale at Smith's and Cappielow.

No mention of priority for season ticket holders or that you can get one on Saturday. This is not much help for out of towners.

We should be doing better than we are.  Duffy's predilection for putting out a weakened team has cost us dearly.  We seem to have had a lot of draws in games we should have won and defeats where we should at least have got a draw.  The main problem though is our lack of credible strikers.  The loss of Quitongo for most of this season and most of last season has destroyed us, made worse by all the other injuries to key players.  I acknowledge that Baird has gained us some points, as has McHugh I think, but really these guys are not good enough for a team wanting to win the title.  to step up a gear, we need to get rid of the dross and have a proper squad of good players, with the weak areas strengthened significantly.

Have to say that Jack Ross has done an amazing job at St Mirren given where you were fifteen months ago.  The league is very very mediocre this season and that has helped St Mirren greatly, and most other teams will be thinking that with a wee bit more investment they all could have been up there themselves, but you've done what you needed to do.

I hope you enjoy your day despite getting humped at home.

5 hours ago, Munoz said:

Not according to a Ton supporter in my work. He's a season ticket holder that goes to the occasional away game. According to him , Duffy is doing the best he can with limited resources. 

Every fanbase has their idiots but we seem to have more than our fair share, including your colleague.

There are too many Morton fans like this that make excuses for failure, applaud failure and act as apologists for the board.

Our resources are limited compared to others in the league, but Duffy has mismanaged what he does have.

On 12/04/2018 at 19:18, GiGi said:

This season it is. He did the hard part by (eventually) signing the right players. Then leaving them on the bench to get his wee pals appearance money. 

Once again we haven't beaten a full-time side since February when we looked a certainty for 3rd at worst. Last season we looked good for 2nd and barely hung onto 4th after winning none of our final 9 league fixtures (0/11 if you include the 2 legs of the playoff). 

It can be annoying if you do it over 2 legs but if you see it happen over 2 years via a thousand cuts (or around 20 league ties) it is infinitely more annoying. I chucked going to away games at the start of March and even missed a home game by choice for the first time in a very long time on Tuesday. 

The board are the biggest problem by not setting Duffy an actual target of promotion but Duffy is responsible for the run in the last 2 years. It hurts even more when your club media officer, a diehard Morton fan, asks Duffy at the start of the season if the goal is go even better than last season when we made the playoffs and Duffy says "well, we don't really set targets so we'll just try and get as many points as we can as see how we get on" wrong fucking answer. Good luck getting crowds up with that non-committal pish. 

Other than that he's been awrite I suppose. 

Bump. Another tombola-like selection, this featuring the fashionable "we'll play the out-of-form left back at centre mid while actual midfielders sit on the bench" edition.

Frank Ross once again gets about 15 minutes off the bench despite being one of our most effective players this season and we still haven't beaten a full time side since Feb. Nor are we likely to!

From 3rd in the league with breathing space to crashing down to what looks like 6th or 7th. Duffy - out. 

Did alot of Morton fans by tickets before the Queens game??  I'd guess given its a nothing game and we're having a party it'll be one of the lowest Morton away supports to saints park ever.  Don't worry i'm sure the Renfrewshire cup will kick off once again.  (for a year at least)

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Can’t wait to see Tam O’ware giving us a round of applause in the guard of honour on trophy day. 

Glorious :thumsup2

Quid pro quo. We give you a guard of honour you give us a walk of shame for Duffy and our vastly experienced accountant and his sustainability gang. 

3 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Did alot of Morton fans by tickets before the Queens game??  I'd guess given its a nothing game and we're having a party it'll be one of the lowest Morton away supports to saints park ever.  Don't worry i'm sure the Renfrewshire cup will kick off once again.  (for a year at least)

In a completely characteristic Morton way, when the fan base was descending upon their premises for the only home game between tickets going on sale and the match, Morton decide that this would be an inappropriate time to try to sell the tickets, instead insisting on them only being available at Cappielow during office hours Monday to Friday or from a shite sports shop in the town.

So definitely few people would have bought tickets immediately before the Queens game unless they went into the town.

Anyone who specifically went out of their way to buy one before now also needs their heid checked.

The correct approach from the club should have been the refusal of an allocation completely to allow St Mirren to utilise the 4th side of the shoebox for their own fans. There's still time to do the right thing Morton.

38 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

Quid pro quo. We give you a guard of honour you give us a walk of shame for Duffy and our vastly experienced accountant and his sustainability gang. 

I genuinely don’t get the depth of bad feeling towards Jim Duffy.

Sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for in regards to the kind of man you get if the man currently at the helm gets the bullet. Look at where we were a year and a half ago, we had Alex Rae that says it all.

I paid for my ticket on Thursday morning and picked it up at Cappielow before the QOTS game. Two hours after picking it up I was wondering why I had bothered. Now I have a “f*ck it” attitude towards the whole thing and am going along purely with the hope that St. Mirren field their u20 team and we hump them 7-0.

Archived