Champions 2017/8 vs Morton | Guard of Honour edition

This almost feels too early, with Saints still facing two more games before this one, but it'll be the last derby match thread for a several years so might as well get it up and running.

The home end is a sell-out, with most fans expecting to have the title confirmed before this one kicks off. It's our last home game and a chance to pay tribute to a squad that has waltzed the league in a manner few would have predicted.

The unresolved issues of the day are likely to be:

Will we be lifting the league trophy? YES

Will the Morton squad act like adults and show due deference to their obvious superiors, in offering a guard of honour to the St Mirren team?

Will Morton still have anything to play for? NO

Will Morton go another seventeen years without finishing above us in the league?

Will they remember to mind the gap next season or will they need some reminders?

How many Ton fans will show up to face abject humiliation? 17

If I live to be 100 (2079), will I ever see a Morton team play in the top flight of Scottish football?

Exactly how much tighter would we be getting it from Morton fans if they'd experienced half the success we have?

I think that's everything. Stand up for your Champions.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

On a serious note though if you don’t beat us this season and we don’t play again for a while, it will be x amount of days since you last beat us :) 

Renfrewshire Cup revival 

Minor gripe, maybe it's because I'm a glass half empty kind of guy but why tempt fate?

Should've kept the last coupla game threads as Champions elect.

Hopefully I'll be a glass completely empty kind of guy come Saturday night! 

Just now, btb said:

Minor gripe, maybe it's because I'm a glass half empty kind of guy but why tempt fate?

At 12 ahead with 12 to play for and a better goal difference, this St Mirren side will do the business. If it were anything less than that, no doubt, we’d stick with ‘elect’.

9 minutes ago, btb said:

I'm about as likely to err on the side of caution as they come, but I've been convinced for a few weeks now that there's no other possible outcome.

:unsure2:

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm about as likely to err on the side of caution as they come, but I've been convinced for a few weeks now that there's no other possible outcome.

Not as much as me.

That Hammarby game still brings me out in a cold sweat.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

I understand, it's just one of my issues................ 

See the source image

Youll be getting pumped silly every week in the premiership so i wouldnt be so sure it will be several years apart youll be back down next year. 

As soon as morgan fucks off your teams a busted flush.

Having said that congratulations it really has been some turn around as much as it sticks in my throat to say it.

27 minutes ago, btb said:

If we blow it now, it won't be anything to do with fate, but a full on collapse, the like of which has never been seen before.

3 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Youll be getting pumped silly every week in the premiership so i wouldnt be so sure it will be several years apart youll be back down next year. 

Having said that congratulations it really has been some turn around as much as it sticks in my throat to say it.

We’ll be in a fight to avoid relegation with four other teams IMHO. Can we finish ahead of Celtic, Sevco, Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs? Erm, naw. Can we finish ahead of a Stevie Clarke Killie side or St Johnstone over the season? Unlikely. That’s seven teams, we make it eight. That means we have a realistic shot at being in a fight with any four from those currently involved in a top flight relegation fight, and the Championship playoffs.

Against any, and I do mean any of the four possible clubs, I believe we have a chance.

Time will tell. At the moment, who gives a fcuk? 

9 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

The parts in bold may well be true: we came down pretty quickly in 2000/1, but you guys were nowhere to be seen.

Next season's league will be tight and I reckon you'll be looking over your shoulders.

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The parts in bold may well be true: we came down pretty quickly in 2000/1, but you guys were nowhere to be seen.

Next season's league will be tight and I reckon you'll be looking over your shoulders.

You writing off Morton’s chances of joining us through the playoffs? I’d love Morton to come up with us. They’ll implode and fcuk it up though, they always do, but bless them for trying.

14 minutes ago, Gmfc 23 said:

Thanks for  congratulating . Next season who knows have heard we will be surprised who we will let go. There will be quite a few new faces. As it stands at this time avoiding relegation must be looked upon as success anything else is a bonus.  Hope you make the play offs.  

Archived