Clyde v Stirling Albion

Contrast that with Grant, who gave the ball away more than he has previously (not in dangerous areas), but still cruised around the pitch reacting to danger, winning the ball back, didn't batter anyone whilst doing it.

Just shows how opinions can differ watching the same game.

I thought Grant was poor today. Not only was his passing poor but he was weak in the tackle.

Once again I thought Nicoll was the more effective of the two.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JakeSAFC said:

Fucking awful game. Today was proof that referees in this country are utter shite, utterly bemused still by that decision.

Our final ball is dreadful, we'll be lucky to make play offs.

There really wasn't anything bemusing  about the winning goal , one of your players played the ball  back into the box not one of ours, it was the correct decision and delighted the ref overruled the assistant.

Stenny's last minute goal has ended our promotion hopes but it's been a decent few months regardless.

There is still a slim chance. All we can do is ensure we win our last 2 games by as wide a margin as possible (against 2 sides with nothing to play for).

Stenny only need 1 more win out of 4 matches to be uncatchable but Stirling could be a target. They have Annan away and stenny at home, lose both those and we could catch them!

Possibly my last game of the season so good to end it with a win, great to see a gold Home record for a change, Jack Boyle MOTM for me great movement all day and of course 2 goals to win the game... and Nicol would be in my startin 11 all day. just sayin 

59 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

There is still a slim chance. All we can do is ensure we win our last 2 games by as wide a margin as possible (against 2 sides with nothing to play for).

Stenny only need 1 more win out of 4 matches to be uncatchable but Stirling could be a target. They have Annan away and stenny at home, lose both those and we could catch them!

We're 10 goals better off, so an 11 goal turnaround in 2 games is unlikely, but wouldn't be shocked if it did happen. Would say there's a good chance we will lose the last 2 games given our current form.  

We're 10 goals better off, so an 11 goal turnaround in 2 games is unlikely, but wouldn't be shocked if it did happen. Would say there's a good chance we will lose the last 2 games given our current form.  

It’s unlikely which is why we need to win as big as possible in both our games.

If Berwick (somehow) manage to win midweek it could be interesting as stenny play Montrose next weekend too.

An exciting end to the season, that’s for sure.

There really wasn't anything bemusing  about the winning goal , one of your players played the ball  back into the box not one of ours, it was the correct decision and delighted the ref overruled the assistant.

If true why did the ref originally not give the goal then? Not a single Clyde fan was celebrating because they also thought he'd given the offside, only for him to decide about 2 minutes later that in fact it was a goal.

17 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

If true why did the ref originally not give the goal then? Not a single Clyde fan was celebrating because they also thought he'd given the offside, only for him to decide about 2 minutes later that in fact it was a goal.

It was your number 7 who played Boyle onside.

52 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

I don't think the ref originally didn't give the goal, he immediately signalled for a goal, the delay was because the players assumed it was offside because of the assistants flag and some hadn't realised he had gave the goal.

I’ve watched the video several times and at normal speed it looks like Moon plays it through. However, in slow-mo it looks like Goodwillie plays the ball.
Agree with this. If you slow the footage down you can see the it is Goodwillie that makes the pass

Archived