Inverness vs Dumbarton - 14.04.2018

When we first got Aitken I was happy with the appointment and optimistic but after his first season I wasn't completely sold on him. We'd stayed up which was the goal but there were some shocking performances (mind we were so pish at Queens that Darren Barr paid the supporters bus for the next away game? :lol:)and without the signing of Nade we'd have been right up shit creek (Aitken did do well getting him to sign for us, definitely changed the season).   After the winless September and October of last season (and the B******* results in November) my mind was made up.  He got out of jail with Lewis Vaughan last season after somehow being able to get him in after releasing our "big" signing of the Summer, Ryan Stevenson. A flop that will have been on a fair bit of money.  
We're not in a position to be sacking a manager, so I've gotten used to him since then but he still frustrates the f**k out of me.  Every season under him we've had some great results and performances, but for every one of them there's 5 games of utter shitefest, negative football.  One thing that's stuck with me is at HT at the first B'rig game someone in the crowd shouted at him to change it up as he was leaving the dugout and he turned around and gestured as to say "what are you talking about?".  Fast-forward 135 minutes of football...  :rolleyes: He's incredibly stubborn (see today's team) and has favourites (see today's team - I think he'd have played Grant Gallagher straight from the operating table if he thought it was possible).
He's a young manager with potential but he's not all the media - and some of our fans - crack him up to be and he still has a lot to learn.  If he keeps us up, fair play, i'll give him any credit he deserves.  If we go down, I'd personally prefer he moves on to the full time job he seems to be destined for and we find someone else that's hungry to start rebuilding a team for League 1.  Many of you might disagree with the majority of what I've said but that's football init.
All that said I'll still be backing the team until the very end of the play-offs.  There is definitely talent there.  It just isn't in Danny Handling. :whistle

I agree with a lot of what you've said there but I don't think you can criticise his signing of Stevenson (correctly imo) and then say he was lucky with the Nade and Vaughan signings. Not every signing will work out but to criticise him for the bad ones and then say he got lucky with the good ones is unfair imo. You have to give him credit for them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, microdave said:

I agree with a lot of what you've said there but I don't think you can criticise his signing of Stevenson (correctly imo) and then say he was lucky with the Nade and Vaughan signings. Not every signing will work out but to criticise him for the bad ones and then say he got lucky with the good ones is unfair imo. You have to give him credit for them.

Credited him for the Nade one but I think Vaughan is a bit different.  It was such a bonkers signing I have no idea how Raith let it happen.  He still would have had to work to secure him so aye, fair enough.  He's clearly good at talking up the club to players.

Credited him for the Nade one but I think Vaughan is a bit different.  It was such a bonkers signing I have no idea how Raith let it happen.  He still would have had to work to secure him so aye, fair enough.  He's clearly good at talking up the club to players.

You did credit him for Nade, so apologies for that. At the poty do last year I asked Lewis Vaughan what was Gary Locke thinking and he replied "Gary Locke's a fucking idiot" [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, microdave said:

You did credit him for Nade, so apologies for that. At the poty do last year I asked Lewis Vaughan what was Gary Locke thinking and he replied "Gary Locke's a fucking idiot" emoji23.png

Says it all  :lol: Things could be worse - he could be in charge of us!

First me may say I will continue to follow and support at as many games as possible.

i will also raise criticism of the team manager and of other fans posts as at end of day its generally always about opinions 

earlier the season before our mini good run I said this squad wasn’t really good enough and we would be 9th and that’s now the reality.

im not sure what best team would be as all the players that we all say should play instead of others etc have had opportunities to be on the park and not really achieved any better. 

One player I exclude from this is Burt who I accept has been short on game time but I also believe has at times looked a bit light and inexperienced. 

I think our aim is to try and build some form in times for the play offs 

I’ve tried this season to deflect from individual criticism of the players and management but on the brief showing of highlights from Inverness my poty Dowie looked tired .

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Some strike  from Doran for the equaliser. He scores ones like that every season. Usually against Ross County. 

One word comes to mind watching us. Rabble.

There are just players scattered everywhere. Looks like ICT identified Grant Gallagher as our weakpoint and gave him a torrid time, whilst Dowie is showing worrying signs of the Dowie from the start of the season (as pointed out by someone on here a few weeks back).

Painful to watch - I feel for anyone that made the journey up.  Instant response needed on Tuesday - we need to get into the habit of winning before the play-offs.

Great highlights package from ICT.  Always love different angles of a goal.

Yeah the highlights have been great this year since we don’t get the SPFL package you get every week in the Premiership. Always a good 6-7 minutes that capture a good bit of build up to each goal. And like you say different angles too.

21 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Is that a shower head that the Viking is blowing? :lol:

Might he be a Roman rather than a Viking. The Romans blew odd horns like the one in the picture to scare the s**t out of their opponents. 

Well, it beats a tambourine.

14 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Consider this; of the 6 seasons we’ve been in the Championship we’ve never had so many midweek fixtures towards the latter end - it is taking a helluva toll and no mistake.  We are heading into the playoffs yet we are only 8 points behind a Falkirk team which has advantages we can only dream of.

And my point ?  Everyone chill, just like I’m doing in a Glasgow hotel right now, drink flowing merrily - hic !

I always knew a bad winter would do for us in this league. Wonderful as it was till the final, the Challenge Cup run hasn't helped in that regard. It was obvious yesterday the players were running on empty. My only glimmer of hope is that Stevie is keeping Stewart, Froxy, Burt etc fresh for the play-offs.

They're doing really well getting the highlights out sharp after games as well. There's a few things to grumble about at ICT but the highlights have been a rare plus point this season.

Archived