Inverness vs Dumbarton - 14.04.2018

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We don't even deserve playoffs. Send us down right now. 

Danny Handling partnering Hutton in central midfield will be some sight.

5-1 now. Feel for the Sons who bothered to trek up.

Handling and Hutton. Jesus. No pace. No mobility. No tackling.

This team has a dreadful habit of downing the tools after a bit of ‘bad luck’. Oh we were so unlucky to concede late on against Morton, what’s the point in even trying? I reckon one thing we can say for certain is that since we came up to the Championship this team is the only one that hasn’t been willing to work hard for each other, regularly.

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Not going to this was a fantastic idea. 

I haven't been since Stevie Wonder's shitfest Challenge Cup Final attempt. 2,500 Sons there & it was the usual try  and get a draw pish. Contrary to some fans' beliefs, we do have some half decent players, in fact 3 of them were sat on the bench today! Froxylias, Burt, Stewart (who has been fit for many weeks incidentally).

If only the #tacticalgenius would play guys in the correct position ffs.

Honestly cannot be arsed with Aitken's bizarre selections &  negative crap any more.  :blink:

7 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I haven't been since Stevie Wonder's shitfest Challenge Cup Final attempt. 2,500 Sons there & it was the usual try  and get a draw pish. Contrary to some fans' beliefs, we do have some half decent players, in fact 3 of them were sat on the bench today! Froxylias, Burt, Stewart (who has been fit for many weeks incidentally).

Honestly cannot be arsed with Aitken's bizarre selections &  negative crap any more.  :blink:

The thing that really gets me can be summed up in the following three tweets:

55: Liam Burt getting ready to come on as Sons look for a way back into the game - the next goal is vital. #sonsvict

Liam Burt was very lively when he came on, on Tuesday, just as he's been very lively almost every time he's played for us. Why not play him more often? I'll tell you why.

57: And on comes Burt to replace Wilson. Handling drops back to partner Hutton in the middle. #sonsvict

Because for reasons only known to Stevie a few of his favourites (hiya Danny, hiya pal, you're not the only one, don't worry) seem to be played in Burt (and Walsh and Froxy's) best position every single week. The substitution there is an easy one. Handling off Burt on. Every single man, woman and child in the stadium could see what would happen with a deep midfield duo of Hutton and Handling. Every. Single. Person.

75: Sons goalscorer Gallagher replaced by Dougie Hill. Dowie shifts to right back. #sonsvict

Then we get this. Grant Gallagher is not a right-back. He works hard, he's a good athlete, but he's not a right-back even when he's at 100% fitness. He's therefore certainly not a right-back when he's just back after 18 months, and is up against some pretty lively guys. Why not put Dowie there, and start Hill, instead of waiting until we're being pumped to confirm what we all knew?

Interesting that Andy Galloway has just tweeted to say that Burt's been our best player. Be interesting to see who starts ahead of him on Tuesday.

14 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

So where is your inside knowledge coming from? Do you have a reason for not going or are you just a part time fan?

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

So where is your inside knowledge coming from? Do you have a reason for not going or are you just a part time fan?

To be fair if Silverton isn't a ST holder I can't blame him for not going along. Sure he missed an excellent showing against Dundee United, but any home fan who paid £20 to watch the Livi game would have to spend more than three times that on therapy to recover.

5 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

Inside knowledge??  Lol

Common knowledge more like, spoke to Stewart as team came off bus at Perth.

Part time fan, aye right, I may well be now if Aitken's there next season.

That's an utterly shocking result and bar the Dundee Utd game we have been woeful for a long, long time.

A few things I find absolute baffling:

Stewart being on the bench for every single game but being fit enough to come off the bench in pretty much every single game. If he's not fit he shouldn't be on the bench and being brought on, if he is fit he should be starting up front over Callum Gallagher.

Danny Handling's inclusion in every single starting 11. He's guff. 

What was the point in wasting money on a wage for Liam Burt? Surely he's a better option that Kevin fuckin Nesbit.

Why Tom Walsh hasn't played through the middle since last year. Our best run of form this season coincided with his best run of form which happened to be through the middle. 

Why does Aitken think Grant Gallagher is a better right back option than the likes of Dowie or Barr? Hill has played well whenever he's been in the team yet Aitken point blank refuses to bring him in and insists on playing a midfielder, who hasn't played competitive football for TWO YEARS, at right back.

Injuries have been a total nightmare this season but Aitken's shitey team selections and tactics haven't helped in the slightest. You have Stewart, Walsh, Froxy and Burt on the bench today whilst Callum Gallagher, Handling and Nesbit make the starting 11. If we're to make it through the playoffs we need our best players on the park from the fuckin start. 

1 minute ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

To be fair if Silverton isn't a ST holder I can't blame him for not going along. Sure he missed an excellent showing against Dundee United, but any home fan who paid £20 to watch the Livi game would have to spend more than three times that on therapy to recover.

Had a season book for years So8.

2 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Had a season book for years So8.

Fair play. Says a lot about your displeasure I guess, although I spent today watching Benburb draw 3-3 with St Roch's at Tinto and had a far more enjoyable time than I have done at most DFC games this year. Plenty of goals, a few touchline bust-ups, a 'keeper having a waterbottle thrown at him and Paul Lovering. What more could you ask for?

Some observations on today's shambles.

Individual errors in defence are cropping up far more frequently now than at any other point in the season but it seems to me to only mask that the real problem continues to lie in attack.

To be blunt, 3 of the 4 'forwards' that Aitken started with today aren't fit for purpose in this league and it really shows. Only Stirling gets pass marks for his first half performance.

Contrastingly Stewart and (in particular) Burt must wonder what sea God they've wronged to not get a start in this team. They offered more in a few minutes than Seagal, Handling and Nisbet did for the entire match.

I feel sorry for Grant Gallagher. He's not fully fit and he's not a right-back. A toxic mix which lead to a torrid afternoon, finely taken goal aside.

We may well go down this season but I just wish it was with more than a whimper. There are reasonable options sitting about on the bench for us and it's frustrating beyond imagination to see us persist with the same dour approach that's seen us garner so little points this season.

All that aside we'll probably win on Tuesday.

33 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Fair play. Says a lot about your displeasure I guess, although I spent today watching Benburb draw 3-3 with St Roch's at Tinto and had a far more enjoyable time than I have done at most DFC games this year. Plenty of goals, a few touchline bust-ups, a 'keeper having a waterbottle thrown at him and Paul Lovering. What more could you ask for?

Exactly.

Fans want to be entertained.

Shocker of a result today and one that won’t help our confidence ahead of the inevitable play-offs. 

Im getting more and more frustrated every week with Stewart sitting on the bench while Stevie opts for Gallagher or Nesbit. Stewart is an experienced and well established player at this level. His positioning, off the ball movement and finishing is far superior to anything the other two can offer. Like BBPF said, if he’s fit enough for the bench he should be fit enough to start.

Handling was a liability at Tannadice and offered nothing against Livi. He’s not working hard enough in the middle and we simply can’t afford to be carrying passengers in our position. Burt ahead of him for he remainder please.

We’re scoring goals again which keeps eternal optimists like me hopeful we’ll survive the playoffs, but the defence has now became the main concern.

Archived