Your teams POTY. (Premiership Edition)

Stolen from the Championship forum however it is a thread that I’ll find interesting at this level.

HAMILTON ACADEMICAL:-

POTY - David Templeton

Has to be David Templeton for me. His skill and ability on the ball is second to none in the team. In my opinion it was a two horse race between him and Docherty, but Docherty obviously isn’t around anymore and that left one player left that has been head and shoulders above the rest of the squad. Mackinnon might of been in contention as he was coming off his best season in the famous red and white hoops and is widely regarded as our 2016/2017 POTY however an injury that kept him out of a large proportion of the season meant he couldn’t be in contention for me. Would love to see Templeton sign on for another year but won’t be likely after ‘reviving his career’ - Chairman Ronnie MacDonald.

Over to you P&B.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking the season as a whole, I think Shinnie has been Aberdeen's best, most influential, most consistent player. Although, a strong case could also be made for McKenna and, to a slightly lesser extent, McLean. 

The only other possible contender could be Christie. But, despite producing some excellent moments, he hasn't quite lived up to his early season promise and has too often lacked consistency. 

Dylan McGeouch, Super John McGinn or Paul Hanlon for me. Scott Allan has been great too and would have been in for a shout if he hadn't only joined in January.

I reckon McGeouch will get it – he's already won the supporters Player of the Year. 

Templeton is far and away the most talented player in the squad but I don't think he's been hugely consistent this season. He had an unbelievable spell from the end of October through to the winter break, but we've only seen small glimpses of class otherwise. Gary Woods and Xavier Tomas could put up a decent case if not for a lot of tiny mistakes laced through their game such as awareness, footwork and positioning. I actually think they are quite similar players in that they look good because they either make saves or head the ball away, and the errors they do make aren't as blatant as, for example, McMann's. 

Darren Lyon - in midfield - is my POTY. 

Dylan McGeouch, Super John McGinn or Paul Hanlon for me. Scott Allan has been great too and would have been in for a shout if he hadn't only joined in January.
I reckon McGeouch will get it – he's already won the supporters Player of the Year. 

Efe. No even kidding.

Honestly think it's been underrated how good he has been for us. Him and Hanlon strolling out of defence and adding another body to midfield and negating the need to play Bartley has been the major improvement in the second half of the season. Without that happening I don't see how we fit in Allan and Mcgeouch to the same midfield. He's even been good filling in at right back.

It's probably still Mcgeouch, but Efe needs a nomination. Honourable mention to Boyle as well.

Saints have by no means had a dreadful season but I'm struggling to pick someone for this, not something I can remember ever being the case before. There certainly hasn't been a standout candidate. I suspect that Murray Davidson will maybe win by default - he's stayed fit and done alright - but even he has not been at the level he's capable of on a consistent basis basis. If Alan Mannus hadn't be arbitrarily dropped in late autumn, I might even have been tempted to say him.

Are there any other options?

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

Saints have by no means had a dreadful season but I'm struggling to pick someone for this, not something I can remember ever being the case before. There certainly hasn't been a standout candidate. I suspect that Murray Davidson will maybe win by default - he's stayed fit and done alright - but even he has not been at the level he's capable of on a consistent basis basis. If Alan Mannus hadn't be arbitrarily dropped in late autumn, I might even have been tempted to say him.

Nope. Murray Davidson for me and by quite some distance.

Yup, difficult to see past Temps for this.

Honourable mention to Gary Woods, if not for a few moments of quality from him we would be in even deeper trouble than we are now.

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

I think Davidson is the only option.

47 minutes ago, Radford said:

Kano?

8 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Taking the season as a whole, I think Shinnie has been Aberdeen's best, most influential, most consistent player. Although, a strong case could also be made for McKenna and, to a slightly lesser extent, McLean. 

The only other possible contender could be Christie. But, despite producing some excellent moments, he hasn't quite lived up to his early season promise and has too often lacked consistency. 

My player of the year is Kenny McLean

Think all 3 you mention will be the top 3 which I think McKenna may get it from the fans but i think the players will vote for McLean 

Archived