Hibs vs Celtc

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hard one to call this, what with Lennon cheering on Celtic and The Thumb terrified to play against Hibs.

I'll go for a pretty rubbish 1-1 (obviously Griffiths won't score).

2-1 with Griffiths to score.

Then to rip off his Celtic top running to the jubilant Hibs crowd, displaying a "first to wear the green" jersey.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

Surprised we’re nearly 5/1 to win tomorrow considering how close the league games have been this year. 10/1 for Hibs and btts.

Remember that teams can draw as well as win or lose. An even matchup would put the odds at roughly 3/1 if the bookie didn't care about making a profit. Given that Celtic have only lost twice out of the last 70-odd league games, halving our chance of winning over that of an even game seems plausible.

Also, remember that bookies have to hedge with the opposing bets, and that there are lots of people who will bet disproportionately on Celtic because they're the favourite and/or they're gung-ho Celtic fans. That might involve knocking the price up on the underdogs just to encourage people to balance out the book.

Besides, we've played Celtic 4 times this year and not won. I suspect that 5-1 is still a lower price than the actual probability of Hibs winning.

Whatever the scoreline it will be a jovial occasion for all fans involved. Celtic players passing to Hibs players and Hibs players passing to Celtic players and the crowd oleing every pass etc.

1 hour ago, hellbhoy said:

Whatever the scoreline it will be a jovial occasion for all fans involved. Celtic players passing to Hibs players and Hibs players passing to Celtic players and the crowd oleing every pass etc.

If either team takes the lead, I fully expect that the other team will pass the ball into their own net. Goalkeepers leaning against the posts, having a cigar.

Just now, BawWatchin said:

If either team takes the lead, I fully expect that the other team will pass the ball into their own net. Goalkeepers leaning against the posts, having a cigar.

I cannae fucking wait. :D

It'll be another catholic SNP conspiracy if the **** face Hearts on Sunday contemplating either lose at home to Hearts and have the worst home record ever or get a draw minimum and face losing the title to Celtic at Celtic Park. :lol: I hope that scenario happens because Ragers Media will be a fun night to read with one of the worlds greatest natural phenomenons of synchronised multiple heads gone and multiple your wan eh thame account bannings etc.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

I cannae fucking wait. :D

It'll be another catholic SNP conspiracy if the **** face Hearts on Sunday contemplating either lose at home to Hearts and have the worst home record ever or get a draw minimum and face losing the title to Celtic at Celtic Park. :lol: I hope that scenario happens because Ragers Media will be a fun night to read with one of the worlds greatest natural phenomenons of synchronised multiple heads gone and multiple your wan eh thame account bannings etc.

Enigma machine time again....

Just now, bennett said:

Enigma machine time again....

Nah, **** actually means ****, I can see where you might have misunderstood with **** as they do look similar to ****. It's a common mistake really.

11 hours ago, St. Jude said:

Surprised we’re nearly 5/1 to win tomorrow considering how close the league games have been this year. 10/1 for Hibs and btts.

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Remember that teams can draw as well as win or lose. An even matchup would put the odds at roughly 3/1 if the bookie didn't care about making a profit. Given that Celtic have only lost twice out of the last 70-odd league games, halving our chance of winning over that of an even game seems plausible.

Also, remember that bookies have to hedge with the opposing bets, and that there are lots of people who will bet disproportionately on Celtic because they're the favourite and/or they're gung-ho Celtic fans. That might involve knocking the price up on the underdogs just to encourage people to balance out the book.

Besides, we've played Celtic 4 times this year and not won. I suspect that 5-1 is still a lower price than the actual probability of Hibs winning.

We should be around 4/1 to win tomorrow, Celtic (usually always) are overpriced. 

This is based on my estimates of us having around a 20% chance of winning the game tomorrow, with the draw at 25% and an away win at 55%.

They'll be a lot of heads gone generated regardless of the outcome of this game. Whether we win, win or draw, it will be due to some conspiracy involving religious and political giants. We can't lose really.

Completely echo the sentiments of the other Hibs accounts that I run on here about tomorrow's game.

Got the half and half scarf ready, should be a beautiful day no matter the scoreline. GGTTH UTLR.

-h-ZBBkx.thumb.jpg.8a159faa8292043b58c3ed0ae36e64da.jpg

Archived