Dundee United v Falkirk

1 minute ago, MacArab said:

I don’t know what he terms of his loan move are GD, and whether he has to play a minimum number of games or whatever, but the problem for me is that he simply isn’t good enough,

Most keepers have a weakness, but at leat might have a major strength, like: great shot stopper or, commanding in the air.

Sadly, save for being able to use his head to deal with dodgy pass backs, Harry has been found wanting too often for me. How many goals have we lost from shots (albeit in many cases decent ones) from well outside the box.

What finished it for me was 3 goals from 3 corners (out of only 4 Dumbarton got in the whole game) the other week. I appreciate that the lads on front of him are no great shakes, but it is his job to organise them as well as take command of his area at set pieces.

Appreciate he is young, but I do think he is out of his depth even here.  If he starts tomorrow, we are as well chucking one into our own net in the first minute, to at leat give us another 89 to get something back.

Not a fan i’m afraid.

Simply put - he's shite. 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deniz was always liable to drop the odd clanger when he was with us. Lewis must be bad if your wanting him in goals.
To be fair he didnt get THAT many chances.

The one against Morton early on last season was a shambles though.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

To be fair he didnt get THAT many chances.

The one against Morton early on last season was a shambles though.

He was absolutely dreadful in every game he played for us. No one is as good in the minds of Falkirk fans as our sub keeper. 

He was absolutely dreadful in every game he played for us. No one is as good in the minds of Falkirk fans as our sub keeper. 
That one was the only one that jumps into my mind when his name gets mentioned but I was very surprised when Utd signed him as he had never really shown himself to be up to much.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Deniz was always liable to drop the odd clanger when he was with us. Lewis must be bad if your wanting him in goals.

He is young but by God he's rubbish. See the post by MacArab.

He's shaky, has really poor judgement in coming off his line, terrible at kicking and dosent organise or command his defence well, if ever.

Deniz looks more confident, stronger and seemed to be able to kick the ball and keep it in the stadium.

38 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

He is young but by God he's rubbish. See the post by MacArab.

He's shaky, has really poor judgement in coming off his line, terrible at kicking and dosent organise or command his defence well, if ever.

Deniz looks more confident, stronger and seemed to be able to kick the ball and keep it in the stadium.

If any one post said it all about how far Utd have fallen, this is it. I remember them being one of the most potent attacking sides in Europe playing fluid football that was the equal of anything any Scottish side has done. Now they're praising a keeper who is 

able to kick the ball and keep it in the stadium.

3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Media preview

Can only hope that United don't play Mikkelsen and cross the ball constantly now that Thomson's starting.

Csaba will have identified this, selected Mikkelsen, and we'll play a nice tidy passing game on the deck with no crosses at all.

How many fecking attempts do we need to get a decent keeper on the bloody books.  For all hartleys trooping up and down the country here we are still with the dodgy thomson between the sticks. Bench totally devoid of anyone that  can actually change a game. Glad i stayed at home.

Archived