Dundee United v Falkirk

Relegation threatened Falkirk are the latest visitors to Tannadice. 

We are losing to Brechin next week so a win here is very important if we want to finish in a playoff spot.

I find it hard to imagine our players showing the same effort and application 2 matches in a row however so I am predicting a 3-1 away win in another famous victory for the Bairns.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

For some reason this is a team I’d really like us to beat.  Possibly because a fair amount of their fans on here are roasters.

Not all of them I would hasten to add.

Perhaps its because we beat you 6 (six) 1 last time out, setting into motion one of the most hilarious arse collapses in Scottish football history, in which your manager instantly became a shambling mess and left you calling for his head incessantly as he led you blindly into another seasom of total obscurity?

Naw.... Its probably coz wer aw roasters eh.

3-0 Utd btw

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Perhaps its because we beat you 6 (six) 1 last time out, setting into motion one of the most hilarious arse collapses in Scottish football history, in which your manager instantly became a shambling mess and left you calling for his head incessantly as he led you blindly into another seasom of total obscurity?

Naw.... Its probably coz wer aw roasters eh.

3-0 Utd btw

The roasters I’m referring to were roasters before you beat us 6-1.  

The roasters I’m referring to were roasters before you beat us 6-1.  

In all seriousness, nice to catch up. I maintain what I said in the playoffs last year. A generally decent sort the DABs on here and I am sure I will enjoy this thread.

I reserve the right to find your predicament hilarious though.

0-1 Falkirk btw

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Serious question for Utd fans, do you still consider yourselves to be a"big club" or are you resigned to being provincial diddies like us?

We're still a massive, world famous club IMO.

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Serious question for Utd fans, do you still consider yourselves to be a"big club" or are you resigned to being provincial diddies like us?

I've never considered us to be a big club. Bigger than the likes of  Falkirk and East Stirling, but not big.

Home win. Possibly 4-1, but not 6(six)-1. The only upside is that the news of the defeat will be overshadowed by Trump’s 6(six) cruise missile strikes in Syria.

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The best we can hope for is to claw our way back into the Premiership, get some stability and be a mid table team.  We will never win the league again; probably never finish second unless there’s a meltdown at other clubs and we would have an outside chance of lifting major silverware.  We will never get into the group stages of a European competition again.

Football is all about money which in turn is largely down to level of support.  As things stand we are probably the sixth biggest supported club in Scotland; that doesn’t mean we are the sixth biggest club in Scotland but that’s probably our maximum potential.  Mind you another season or two in this league and we may forfeit that claim.

Archived